RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I'm sure most of you have already heard, but I'll leave this here for those of you who were oblivious like myself. x.x

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvJcxrAj49Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvJcxrAj49Y</a>

Apparently they're going backwards in history a little. Should be interesting.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Excited about the game, but sad that connor isn't getting a sequel. :(

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
it's annoying that the only reason connor isn't getting more screen time is because all the reviewers thought he was too stoic compared to ezio. totally unfair comparison.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Connor sucked though

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Connor sucked though

I'm also hoping that instead of Desmond we get to play as someone who isn't an emotionless sponge.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Well, to each his own. I personally thought Connor had a lot of great characterizing moments, especially with the homestead missions.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Yes silly goyim, I'm sure that you did.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Dammit... now I gotta go get the last one, cuz I'm not about to miss out on Assassins AND Pirates.
:tinysmile:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
they should take some time off

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature SpaceFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Wasn't Assassin's Creed 3 released just last year
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
They need to finish the story before people stop caring 3 games ago.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
they should take some time off

that's no way to make money

Rep:
Level 96
If we were talking about EA, I'd laugh heartily. But I actually really like Ubisoft Montreal. I mean, people complained about DRM in their games, and they were like "okay, we'll get rid of it." And they make fun games. So they're cool in my book. Even if uPlay is utter garbage.

But I still think they should settle down, or get ready to let this franchise die.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I just hope they don't forget about Watch_Dogs in lieu of Assassins of the Caribbean.

Rep:
Level 96
It's pretty much the same game anyway.

okay not really i'm really excited for watch dogs

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Wait, I thought uplay is drm though. I mean, you can't run your game unless you're in uplay, right? Am I wrong about this?

Rep:
Level 97
No you're right to an extent, my roommate wasn't able to play Assassins Creed 3 until we got internet since he already registered the game with uPlay.

Rep:
Level 96
I registered Assassin's Creed: Revelations once, and it let me play offline plenty of times after that.

Talking about always on DRM, here.

You know, the kind that currently destroying the new Sim City game.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Quote from: Wikipedia
As the fourth largest video game company in the world as of 2009, Ubisoft studios employs the second largest amount of in-house development staff in the world and has several divisions and offices throughout the world

I'm pretty sure they can handle working on more than one game at a time you guys.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
DOKTOR ARL

Rep:
Level 96
Quote from: Wikipedia
As the fourth largest video game company in the world as of 2009, Ubisoft studios employs the second largest amount of in-house development staff in the world and has several divisions and offices throughout the world

I'm pretty sure they can handle working on more than one game at a time you guys.
Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
There are like 9 different ubi studios

jesus christ arl you sound like a kotaku troll

Rep:
Level 96
I don't understand.

The Sim City DRM nightmare is common knowledge; it's all over reddit.
Assassin's Creed: Revelations doesn't have always-on DRM. That's an actual fact.
The line completely in italics wasn't exactly serious.
neither was the line without caps or punctuation
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:10:26 PM by Dr_Arlen »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I just don't get the contention. You guys act like releasing a game each year hasn't been a common practice.

Spoiler for For Example: Final Fantasy Timeline:
Timeline of release years
1987 –       – Final Fantasy
1988 –       – Final Fantasy II
1989 –       
1990 –       – Final Fantasy III
1991 –       – Final Fantasy IV
1992 –       – Final Fantasy V
1993 –       
1994 –       – Final Fantasy VI
1995 –       
1996 –       
1997 –       – Final Fantasy VII
1998 –       
1999 –       – Final Fantasy VIII
2000 –       – Final Fantasy IX
2001 –       – Final Fantasy X
2002 –       – Final Fantasy XI
2003 –       
2004 –       
2005 –       
2006 –       – Final Fantasy XII
2007 –       
2008 –       
2009 –       – Final Fantasy XIII
2010 –       – Final Fantasy XIV

Between 1987 and 2002 there were only five years that didn't have a final fantasy release. And I'm sure most of you agree that most of these titles were good ones.

All I'm saying is, if they release quality titles, what's the big deal?