RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Codecademy

Rep:
Level 41
Addict
Hi guys,

a workmate showed me this site yesterday when I told him I was trying to get into Ruby for RMVXA scripting:

http://www.codecademy.com/en/tracks/ruby

It is free and seems to be really nice from what I´ve seen up to now.
You do interactive courses where you write code in a Ruby sandbox (using your browser).
If you´re done you can execute your code and if you did it right you advance to the next course.

Also, for all achievement and badge hunters out there, there´s that kind of system too.

I did a search and couldn´t find this mentioned on the forums before so I thought this might be helpful for some of you, as it really is for me.

Rep:
Level 60
I swear by RubyMonk, personally, but it's always nice to have more resources around for scripters to make use of. For anyone else who doesn't already know this, there's also the official Ruby documentation available online -- if you're using VX Ace, just have a look at the Ruby 1.9.2 Core reference. :)

Rep:
Level 58
Is the Ruby scripting language the one used on XP as well?
You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust, all things, everything dies.

Spoiler for A Thief's Tale:

Rep:
Level 83
I always use this site for refrences:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/

I'm checking out both of those online tuts, gotta say they both look really helpful.
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
Level 41
Addict

I can´t really tell because I don´t own XP, but I think the basics of ruby shouldn´t have changed much.
It´s probably more the RGSS lib. Don´t quote me on this though :)

Edit:
Looking at this site here it really shouldn´t affect the basics, but see for yourself.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:07:46 PM by p3king »

Rep:
Level 82

It is the same language, but the version is different. XP and VX both use Ruby version 1.8.1. VXA uses 1.9.1, however. If you do use resources to learn the language, it's always worth checking what version of Ruby is being used. The latest* stable version of Ruby is 2.0.0-p0, released about 3 weeks ago. Since the change from version 1.x to 2.0 would suggest a fairly substantial change, I would definitely check the sites you resource from.

*as of the post being written.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Thank you. This is great timing. :3
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
@p3king :

Wow Thanks! :-D
This is really a great site.

@Fall From Eden and Mr_Wiggles

Amazing!
Thanks guys this is really what I was looking for :-)