RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Custom Items and Custom Resources

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
Hi there! I’m looking for a script for a project with the working title “Castle.” I’m trying to get all of the core mechanics in place before I start showing it off, but large parts of the game will revolve around gathering resources that can be used to improve existing objects within the game (weapons and armor), traded in for more mundane items (such as potions that improve the core stats of a character), or be used to make more significant in-game changes (such as building or upgrading locations in the party’s base of operations).

In my mind, this script works like a store or a series of stores, where resources other than gold can be traded for a variety of in-game effects. First, the resource Stone would be traded with the Architect to make changes to the game world. This would include adding new buildings to the party’s base of operations, including the Magician’s College, the Forge, and the Greenhouse. In addition to being constructed from scratch, each of these buildings would have two levels of improvement that could be added on, so really there would be a Level 1 Magician’s College, a Level 2 Magician’s College, a Level 3 Magician’s College, a Level 1 Forge, a Level 2 Forge, etc.

The Magician’s College would serve as a place where people trade Crystal in exchange for adding or changing special parameters (enchantments) to their weapons or armor, such as turning an ordinary sword into one that deals fire damage. At 1st Level, the Magician’s College would have a limited number of these enchantments available, but the list would expand with each addition to the college. In addition, the enchantments would be limited to one per object, but players could trade crystal to have their enchantments removed so that a new enchantment could be added.

The Forge would be a place where the player trades Metal for improvements to their weapons and armor. At a 1st Level Forge, a small bonus would be added, but additional bonuses could be added after the Forge gets upgraded (so pieces of equipment have four levels: Basic, +1 Upgrade, +2 Upgrades, and +3 Upgrades).

Finally, the Greenhouse would be a place where the player trades Herbs for special potions. The variety of potions available would depend on the Greenhouse’s level.

I would also like the gold value of objects to change depending on whether they’ve been improved, how much they have been improved, and which improvements they have received.

Ideally, the script would work as a framework that I could configure (changing the improvements available and their costs as I work on the game). I can handle complex instructions for how to work with the script, if the instructions are clear.

The plan for the game is to give players a sense of advancement, customization, and personal choice that affects how they play the game. This script would be really cool in that it would allow players to feel as though they are leveling up their base and equipment, even if they are spending time grinding or pursuing side quests. The script would also tie in really nicely with other ideas I have for this game, including a pseudo-RTS style “capture the structure” event system, where the players could pursue side quests that would allow them access to places that generate resources (mines for metal and crystal, gardens for herbs, and quarries for stone).

I know this is a really tall order, but I’m really hoping somebody will be able to provide this script for me. Credit will obviously be given to anyone who takes this on, as will many thanks.

In fact, thanks just for reading, if you've made it this far!

Other scripts I’m using are:
-modern algebra’s Quest Journal 1.0d (http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45127.0.html)

-Yanfly’s Engine Ace – Party System v1.08 (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/party-system/)

-Yanfly’s Engine Ace – Core Engine v1.09 (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/ace-core-engine/)
Current Project:  Untitled Game
----Early development phase

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I suggest a large number of events.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I actually have some idea for how it could work as an almost entirely event based system. All I would need is some scripting that would allow me to change what the in-game currency is called.

Basically the event would consist of storing the amount of Gold the party has in a variable, storing the amount of whatever other resource I'm using (example: Metal) in a different variable, reducing the Gold to zero, and then adding the value for Metal. Then I would open the store menu, where the number for Metal is now working effectively as the currency in that store. I would then reverse the process to put Metal back to where it belongs, and return the Gold value. All that is missing from this is the script to make it so that the store menu says "Metal" instead of "Gold."

Can anyone provide me with this (presumably simpler) bit of code? Once again, thanks and credit will be given.

Edit: And just to be clear, this is an RPGVXA project I'm working on.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Uno momento por favor, I'll look into it.

Under the system tab in the database. "Currency Unit"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:06:31 PM by Boe »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 41
Addict
I also wanted to rename the currency a few days ago with a script, so here you go:

Code: [Select]
# Put this script below Materials, but above Main.
class Game_Interpreter
  def change_currency_name(name)
    $data_system.currency_unit = name
  end
end

Example for the event:
change_currency_name("Gold")

I didn´t really test this much because I got rid of that idea, so I hope this works for you.

Thanks, p3king, I tested it out, and it worked exactly like it was supposed to. Now I can have my players trade at shops using any resource I can think of. Awesome!

Rep:
Level 41
Addict
You´re welcome!

But maybe you should also get into scripting, because you seem to have no problem "thinking logical" :)