RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Continous Maps

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
RMRK Junior
Hiya all im requesting a script that allows maps to follow on from each other without the traditional map transfer example you start on map1 that leads to map 2 id like it so that you can see map 2 while your on map 1 still (looks like all the same map) and you transfer simply by walking onto it no transitions or anything like that (except for the new map name to appear)

games that use this type of mapping are the Pokémon games were you walk from towns to routes seamlessly.

I hope ive explained this well enough as im not very good at getting my ideas out there

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Why not just have one large map? You could use an event to change the music and show the town name whenever the event is stepped on.

Rep:
Level 59
Practice makes Petrucci!
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Gold - GIAW 11 (Normal)
Wouldn't that result in the game really struggling to keep everything together?
"Pursue happiness with diligence."

http://soundcloud.com/progfox

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
I agreee with cloud fall on that one, Though i remember seeing a Map sliding script somewhere that duplicates the transfer screen from the Legend of Zelda.

Here it is: http://originalwij.wordpress.com/downloads/

Map Sliding v 1.1( This is a Download link directly to the script.)

It's Exactly as I said it was, It's Called Map slide, and someone requested it be converted to Ace and explaind the only problem with it so far is that the game freezes after use in ace.

On VXAce Net the request has been made too and it seems the scripters there are less infatuated to look at script requests than the people here. I would run this By VX Net but They Do conversions from everywhere else to VX only So doing that would be mostly a waste unless Wij came back from the "dead" to see how things were going.

But i don't see this happening soon so the best i can do is give you his VX Scripts.
And maybe someone could make a Script that makes VX Scripts compatible through Ace.
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Wouldn't that result in the game really struggling to keep everything together?

I was assuming that he would break up the maps with building transfers similar to the way pokemon does. One map for the entire game wouldn't work, but putting a town and a route together would probably be fine.

Another alternative would be to use the no fading option with transfers. You'd have to put in a portion of the map you're transferring to into the map you're transferring from in order to make it seamless, but it's not too difficult.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:48:11 PM by Dr_Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Wouldn't it work to just set fade to none, when entering the transfer? I havn't tested the function to have no fade though.. might not work if you want everything to be visible all the time, I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:53:15 PM by Dark_Metamorphosis »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep: +0/-0Level 46
Evented AI
Here it is: http://originalwij.wordpress.com/downloads/

Map Sliding v 1.1( This is a Download link directly to the script.)

It's Exactly as I said it was, It's Called Map slide, and someone requested it be converted to Ace and explaind the only problem with it so far is that the game freezes after use in ace.

I actually have written "something like a Conversion" of OriginalWij's Script for VXA. I tried to write it from scratch as far as possible, but in the end I have copied a lot of his techniques. I wanted to include it into my Map Edge Transfer Script, but have recently chosen to make it a seperate Script. (which is still full compatible with Map Edge Transfer)

It has some problems with pictures (especially scripts that use them) and stuff like that and I am looking into it (it is not one of my highest priorities, though).

Link

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Wouldn't it work to just set fade to none, when entering the transfer? I havn't tested the function to have no fade though.. might not work if you want everything to be visible all the time though, I'm not sure.

I went ahead and threw together a quick demo of this.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d0ehjp

The trick is to show 6 tiles ahead of the transfer.