RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Tips on some new music?

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Hey!

So I came to my senses the other day, and I have realized that I tend to listen to the same music all the time.
I have a lot of different music to listen to though, so that's not really the problem for me. I'm just having some trouble finding new stuff that I would enjoy, and I listen to almost everything as I'm really open minded when it comes to music. I'm using spotify as my primary source, so finding new stuff to listen to shouldn't be a problem, but it seems like I need some directions. That's why I would love if people could post artists that they like, so I could look them up. It's always nice with something new to listen to, and as a matther of fact I recently started listening to some dubstep awhile back, and I kinda like it so far.. Metal and rock is closest to my heart, but any kind of music is more than welcome!  :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:18:32 PM by Dark_Metamorphosis »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I got one word for you. Pandora. In the meantime....

Spoiler for:
Jolie Holland
Vitamin C Srting Quartet
Regina Spektor
Armin Van Buuren
The Joy Formidable
Imagine Dragons
Loreena McKennitt
Celldweller
Beethoven (seriously)
Andy McKee
Yes
Rush
Deadmau5
Rammstein
Type O Negative
Overclocked Remix works... they have a website, I think
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 55
I got one word for you. Pandora. In the meantime....

Spoiler for:
Jolie Holland
Vitamin C Srting Quartet
Regina Spektor
Armin Van Buuren
The Joy Formidable
Imagine Dragons
Loreena McKennitt
Celldweller
Beethoven (seriously)
Andy McKee
Yes
Rush
Deadmau5
Rammstein
Type O Negative
Overclocked Remix works... they have a website, I think
Thanks a bunch! some of the artists that you listed are stuff that I havn't really heard of yet :)
As for Pandora, is that the singer that was very popular during the 90's haha? (Childhood memories kicking in), or is it another band? Just thought I should ask, since she is the only Pandora I have heard about xD
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Pandora is a website that runs what they call the Music Genome Project. You enter a song, artist or genre, and they make a free radio station based on your choice.

For example, I type in Type O Negative. They play a song typical of TON's style, and I get to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. Depending on my choices, the program then selects another song that it thinks I ought to like... doesn't ALWAYS work out, but more often than not it does.

The only problems are that if you dont like a song, there are only so many songs you can skip in an hour, and Pandora is just a program- it's only as good as you are sure of what you like.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
Pandora is only available in the U.S., Australia, and New Zealand, so you and I are out of luck. Grooveshark might have a similar function, but I'm not sure.

As for music recommendations, I will try to think of some later when I'm off work.

Rep:
Level 55
Pandora is a website that runs what they call the Music Genome Project. You enter a song, artist or genre, and they make a free radio station based on your choice.

For example, I type in Type O Negative. They play a song typical of TON's style, and I get to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. Depending on my choices, the program then selects another song that it thinks I ought to like... doesn't ALWAYS work out, but more often than not it does.

The only problems are that if you dont like a song, there are only so many songs you can skip in an hour, and Pandora is just a program- it's only as good as you are sure of what you like.

Oh! I was way off then hehe. Well, that sounds extremely neat! Too bad It's not available here though.. so I guess I'll just have to go with spotify! That's not a bad thing though cause I really love it.. or well to be honest with you, I would barely survive without it..!

Pandora is only available in the U.S., Australia, and New Zealand, so you and I are out of luck. Grooveshark might have a similar function, but I'm not sure.

As for music recommendations, I will try to think of some later when I'm off work.

Ye that's unfortunate.. seems like a really nice program if you ask me. I really love spotify though, It's priceworthy and they have tons and tons of music! Some recommendations would be very welcome, looking forward to it!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:33:30 PM by Dark_Metamorphosis »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
WHAT?!?!?!?! Canada doesn't have Pandora?!?!?!?

I declare WAR!

Or maybe I'll just have another popsicle.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
If you like Metal I've got your back.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KxihxqD-_U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KxihxqD-_U</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HY6AwtnxBM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HY6AwtnxBM</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygUPP02XHwg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygUPP02XHwg</a>

This one is actually by my ex band mate who used to do music around here too.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlhJCDJbJWM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlhJCDJbJWM</a>

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Of course my recommendation would be Muse, because I fucking love them, but I'd say a metal guy would be more into OoS to Black Holes. I also have a raging boner for Rise Against.

Rolling with M00s' Beethoven recommendation, which I agree with entirely, I'd also like to mention that nobody should go through life without hearing Chopin and Liszt.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 55
Thanks alot all of you! Now I have tons of music to go trough! Awesome!

Of course my recommendation would be Muse, because I fucking love them, but I'd say a metal guy would be more into OoS to Black Holes. I also have a raging boner for Rise Against.

Rolling with M00s' Beethoven recommendation, which I agree with entirely, I'd also like to mention that nobody should go through life without hearing Chopin and Liszt.

I havn't listened to Muse that much, but I have alot of friends that do. They only have good things to say about them, so I might look into them a bit more, thanks. Yes, I like some classical music aswell! Moonlight Sonata is one of my favourites, even though I don't listen to Beethoven on a regular basis. Might look into more of his work though :) I have heard some music from Chopin when playing the game Eternal Sonta, and I really like his work too! Liszt is something I havn't heard though.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:30:02 PM by Dark_Metamorphosis »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
Here are a few that I like. The songs were just ones I could quickly and are representative, not necessarily my favourites.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:33:17 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je0iLECqtAA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je0iLECqtAA</a>

It's too bad every TDH video on youtube is such poor quality. Then again, I never listen to them on youtube anyway.