RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[ACE] RGSS stoped to work (solved)

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to find what made the bug "RGSS stoped to work".
Because at the moment I am having that problem when I begin a random new battle.
The background and my battlers are shown (not my enemies) and then my game just crashes.
I can't reproduce this bug all the time so I feel insecure since I can't be sure what I am doing is right.

Is anyone here having an idea or a program to help me corner this bug ?
I can't just remove my scripts if I can't reproduce the bug all the time.

I removed this script since I just recently added it but it's just one the script I added.
But I am not sure if it's fault though.

Did the bug happened before ? yes and I was able to remove the script that made it happen but only because the bug happened on every battle not just randomly.

Edit : someone gave a script that will help me found my problem but I don't know how to read this.
http://pastebin.com/GmzpRJxf
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:01:33 AM by Chaos17 »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, can you link to where you got the log script? It looks like it just prints out caller when an error is thrown, but I'd rather see what the writer of the script says it does before I jump to any conclusions. Anyway, from a brief overview, it was referring to something called Weather_EX an awful lot. Is that a script you are using?

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
Hi,

Galv advised me to use this Rpg maker Vx script so it could help.
http://pastebin.com/rW9qkbxT

He also told me to replace the last line with this
Code: [Select]
load_data("Data/Scripts.rvdata2").each_with_index {|s, i| ScriptNames[i] = s[1] }

The features of the script do not work 100%, only the text file report seems to work.
But I think this script if updated, may help other people with viewport issues like mine.

So in the end of my story, I updated the weather script and I have not met yet again the crash.
I guess my problem was really from it, I cross finger that's the case. Only the futur will tell.
Sorry for my bad English.

Good night.  :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:03:22 AM by Chaos17 »