RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
2D Olympic Games

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior

Welcome to the concept of the Olympics Games

Let me introduce myself , My name is Rafael and in this Forum I am known as Dyprax. I Am 21 years old.At the moment I'm doing small jobs until I start my studies. I used to organize some tournaments in online games.
A few weeks ago I had the idea that I have to make a great Olympics for 2D game developers.

What are you Imagine?
Normal Contest, there are some, but what about when you combine them into an Olympics with many "small" contests? To create a Game you have to make one small step after another. Each of those small steps can be made into one big competetion. Each of the small steps will be individually assessed and finally you count all phase together and you have the total score.

What about a theme ?
Yes, the Olympics have a big issue: Crime. All phases have to revolve around the issue of crime.

How many phases and for what is a phase?
There are 6 phases to get points . Now I will explain the 6 phases (all informations about time and points you will get in the forum):

1st Phase
Protagonist
Task: Your task is to create a Main Char for a crime themed Game. You have to create him in written form and graphically. For the Graphic form I just want a Face. Well draw it by yourself or use graphics that already exist ( Please credit them). For drawing a Face you can get extra points if it is good

2nd Phase
Screenshot
Task: In the second phase, you have to make a screenshot, which deals with the subject of crime and the protagonist from the first phase.

3rd Phase
Feature
Task: The third phase will be a little more difficult, you have to create a feature for a murder mystery game. As example a notebook, an opinion meter for every NPC or just other features.

4th Phase
Story
Task: The fourth task is writing a story that involves the protagonist. And the scene of the screen should be recognizable. The difficulty is to write the story interesting for the reader and not to reveal too much so that he would play this story as a game.

5th Phase
Minigame
Task: Your task is to create a minigame that matchs your Story.As example to get something out of the fire and watch out that you will not hurt by the flames.

6.Phase
Game
Task: Your final task. All previous phases are combined into a game that is supposed to have at least 15 minutes playing time.

Jury
Everyone who is interested to become a Jury-Member can send me a pm

Jurymember:
-Dyprax
-Elekami
-Magicflottant
-Kayden
-
-

Participant
Anyone can participate. Groupings may also take place, but only up to 3 people.
The most important requirement is, there must be a 2D game. All 3D games will be disqualified.The game has to be english.

Participant-list:
-cecco4
-Old Pat
-servus
-Team LPDM : TTT, TheCloud & Choco-sama
-Jens of Zanicuud
-Imef
-"TeraZaky" : Teraglehn, Hicozaky, Velrogh
-polidoro

Prizes:
-Emblem ( made by Kerberos)
-I work as a Pixelartist for the 1. and 2. winner for free. ( My Art http://circledrain.deviantart.com/ )

We are always happy about donations. Songs, pictures whatever 

The intent
Why I want to make such an effort to do something crazy? It is relatively easy. I love it. I want to see how big communities are willing to participate in something. Above all, some "game producer" get known and the communities are not only for themselves and you can see that the world is much larger.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

The Forum:http://2dcontestgaming.top-forum.net

Rgds Dyprax
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:42:41 PM by CircleDrain »

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
( Sry for a double post.)

I edited the first post completly. I explained all phases and what exactly to do. I also added the contest forum (http://2dcontestgaming.top-forum.net).

We ve got one more Jury-Member: kayden