RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy IX Script Pack

Rep:
Level 83
プログラマです
Final Fantasy IX Script Pack
Version: 1.3
Author: SeMcDun
Date: February 5, 2013

Version History

• <Version 1.0> 2013.01.28 - Original Release
  • <Version 1.1> 2013.01.30 - Bug Fixes
  • <Version 1.2> 2013.01.31 - Bug Fixes
  • <Version 1.3> 2013.02.05 - Bug Fixes and Compatibility

Description

(The below is taken from the introduction section of the demo.)

# Final Fantasy IX is one of my favourite RPGs of all time and I loved most
# aspects of the game, including it's menus and various systems.
# I have put together a compilation of scripts from the game for use with
# RPG Maker VX Ace. Please note, not all of the scripts are 100% the same as
# they were in Final Fantasy IX but the functionality is there.
#
# -- List of Final Fantasy IX Scripts;
#   -- Menu Scene v1.2
#   -- Status Menu v1.0
#   -- Item Menu v1.0
#   -- Shop Menu v1.1
#   -- Equipment Skills v1.1
#   -- Rows v1.1
#   -- Synthesis v1.1

Features

• A new menu scene which looks similar to Final Fantasy IX.
  • A new status scene which looks similar to Final Fantasy IX.
  • A new item menu which allows the player to sort items manually or automatically.
  • A new shop menu. Gains and drops in stats are displayed neatly in a window.
  • Abilities can be learned from weapons and armour, permanently if enough AP is gained.
  • A new equipment menu which displays skills which can be learned from items.
  • Characters can be placed in the front row or back row during battle.
  • The back row cuts damage taken and received.
  • Players can now synthesise items/weapons and armours for a cost using materials they already own.
  • More info can be found in the demo.

Screenshots

Instructions

Instructions are in the demo.
If anything is unclear, please post and I'll try to reply when I can :)

Script

See attached demo.

Credit

• SeMcDun

Thanks

• Square

Support

Fixed Bugs;
Rows
     Unarmed actors attacking crashed the game.
Equipment Skills
     Ap Window overlapped the actor window.
Menu Scene
     Status window was resized in places it wasn't meant to.
Shop Scene
     Is now stand-alone (which it was meant to be in the first place)

Known Compatibility Issues

It should have compatibility issues with other scripts which edit main aspects of each script.
Eg. Another menu script would clash with this menu script.

For other scripts, feel free to post your problem and I'll maybe add a compatibility patch to my to do list.

Demo

See attachment.

Author's Notes

Please Note: The passive skills are aesthetic only. In order to have working passive skills I recommend Neon Black's passive skill script.

Terms of Use

The same as outlined in the staple post for RMVX Ace scripts.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:11:53 PM by SeMcDun »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
These are quite appealing designs.

Thanks for sharing! I am sure many games will be improved by their addition.

Rep:
Level 50
RMRK Junior
Any chance the equipment skills script (only) could be made to work with Yanfly's Ace Equip Engine and Victory Aftermath scripts? 

Ace Equip Engine has a different layout for the Equip scene.

Victory Aftermath would have to be modified slightly to display the gained AP after battle.

I haven't checked that the equipment skills script is NOT compatible, but I doubt it.  I will double check tomorrow.

Thanks!

Rep:
Level 83
プログラマです
Do you use Yanfly's JP Manager script? If not, I could write a small add-on that changes the JP display into AP.

As for the equip menu, I'm not sure how you'd want everything to be displayed but I'll look into getting it working.

Rep: +0/-0Level 43
RMRK Junior
Woah, these are pretty amazing! Making a lot of use out of the rows feature, here. 

A little bug, though. This crash pop-ups whenever an unarmed actor attacks from the back row:

Spoiler for:

which points towards this part of the script:
Code: [Select]
          # CHECK IF THE WEAPON HAS LONG RANGE
          if user.equips[0].long_range == true
            # Long Ranged
          else

A nil check seems to have fixed it up good. :yuyu:

Rep:
Level 83
プログラマです
Hi. Thanks for the feedback :) It should be sorted now in the new attachment for anyone who wants to download or re-download it.

Nice find.

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Fish Knight
First of all, really cool! (Final Fantasy IX for the win!) Was just looking for a Final Fantasy IX magic stones system...The other stuff is really cool too!

I think for this project though, I'm only using that (combined with Neon Black's Passive Skills like you suggested), and perhaps the Synthesis one.

I, encountered a few problems.
One, was kinda strange, but it only happened with this script, I recreated the problem in the demo and it happened there too. If you make a skill that doesn't target an ally usable from the menu, it crashes when you use it.
Script 'SeM - Equipment Skills' line 1376: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'ap_window" for #<Scene_Map:0x9615f68>

Also, I wanted the bars back. "Gauges"? I tried to change the lines, and removed the # from the lines for HP and MP that I thought were for those, but once I did, when I try to go to the passive skills on a character, I get this:
Script 'SeM - Equipment Skills' line 1358: FloatDomainError occured.

NaN
Nevermind, the problem was a passive skill that required 0 AP, and was thus automatically learned by each character, but not. Highlighting it crashed the project.

Also, for equipment skills...if a character knows a skill on their own, then equips equipment that can learn that skill, then they lose it when it's unequipped if they don't get the AP for it. This project has several ways to learn skills for characters (levels, skill shops, equipment skills, maybe more)...so, that's a bit of a problem.

Also, since not all skills are learned by equipment, and the 0 AP crashing I mentioned, well, I want some skills to not count as Equipment skills. No "learning" meter on the skills menu. I have no idea how to do that.

There's one other thing, it's a little more minor, special case, and might not be the Equipment skills problem. I want to have Passive Skills (using Neon Black's script) that give a character a new skill command type. It works fine, but the skill type doesn't appear in that characters skill list until I go off their skill menu and come back. I have a hunch it's the Passive Skills script. It's not major, but it's kind of awkward to have to go that extra step to see your new skills. It's the little things.

Sorry to mention so much, it's a great script!

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
Hello. I have request: Could you make it compatibile with Victor's Target Toggle?

http://victorscripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-vx-ace/battle-scripts/toggle-target/

When both scripts are active, it creates error on attack with Victor Script...

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
I tried your shop script in my project and I got this error:

Rep:
Level 82
I tried your shop script in my project and I got this error:

That's because FUNDS is located in the Synthesis script. I'm guessing that these scripts are designed with a person using all of them rather than just one or two of them on their own.

You can simple add the term to the shop script in the Vocab module. If you go to line 46 (which is a blank line) and add:

FUNDS = "Funds:"

There may be other terms that aren't defined in the Shop script itself, but in another script that comes with this pack.

Other terms I have found include:

PRICE
SYNTH_ITEM
STOCK
EQUIPPED
CURRENTLY_EQUIPPED

It may be necessary to also add these if you are only using the Shop script. You can follow the same idea as the other terms to define the text used.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
!thanks for the tip. :)

Rep:
Level 83
プログラマです
Yeh, thanks Logan :) I've changed the shop menu script now so it should be stand-alone (like it should have been :) )

Rep:
Level 50
RMRK Junior
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you about the compatability I requested.  I've been busy with Ni no Kuni, and so I haven't had any project time.  I'm sure you weren't worried about this, but I thought I'd let you know and not be an a-hole.  Thanks!

Rep: +0/-0Level 42
dat new guy
First of all, thanks for these scripts!

I've encountered 2 problems so far.

The first one is crashing the game whenever I click any of the 3 selectables in the Item Menu giving me this error:

And the second one is rather weird. The skills for one of my characters are counted as passive skills (for which I would need magic stones) even tho they are clearly action abilities.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:31:02 AM by Skerxan »

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Fish Knight
First of all, thanks for these scripts!

I've encountered 2 problems so far.

This first is crashing the game whenever I click any of the 3 selectables in the Item Menu giving me this error:

And the second one is rather weird. The skills for one of my characters are counted as passive skills (for which I would need magic stones) even tho they are clearly action abilities.

Can't help you with the first one, but I had a similar problem with your second problem.
There's a place in the Equipment skills script, where you set which skill type is used for Passive skills, that is, equippable skills that use magic stones! By default it's number 3!
Check out lines 110 and 111:
    # ID of the passive skill id
    PASSIVE_ID = 3
Change the 3 to whatever skill type you are using for passive skills. I think this means you can only have passive skills in one skill type, but, that's usually okay.

dat new guy
Oooh! Thanks alot man, I got the skills working!

Rep:
Level 83
プログラマです
This place is awesome, everyone's so quick to help :)

For the first problem, can you copy the Shop Menu script into a blank project and try buying/selling from a shop?
If it works there then it will probably be an incompatibility with another script you are using.
Try this if/when you can and PM me the results :) We can take it from there and see if we can get it working.

And thanks to Armor King 108 for sorting your other problem.

dat new guy
It looks like this forum doesn't let me send PM's for whatever reason.

Heya,
I did as you told me to. First I only put the Shop Menu script in a blank project and tested it without problems.
Then I also put your Item Menu script into it and pow, it still crashes with the same error.

Rep:
Level 83
プログラマです
Oops, yeh I meant the Item Menu not the Shop Menu :P My bad. I have no idea why I thought it was the Shop Menu :S

Anyway, if the item menu is still breaking in a blank project then it'll most likely be an error in the coding. I'll check it out tonight when I get back from work.

Edit: This seems to fix it, I'll still look into it when I get home though.

Find these lines;

class Window_ItemList < Window_Selectable

attr_accessor :data

and underneath attr_accessor :data add this line;

attr_accessor :category
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:12:15 PM by SeMcDun »

dat new guy
Works like a charm now! Thanks man!

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
Uhh, can someone help me with my compability problem with Toggle Target?

EDIT: Status script has nasty bug: If there is only one actor in party, trying to use PageUp/Down will end with this error:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:12:07 PM by Swish »

Rep:
Level 83
プログラマです
Hi Swish.

I'd like to concentrate on fixing bugs and a few new scripts I've been working on right now.
Can't say when or if I'll get around to doing your request. Sorry.

Edit: I haven't been able to reproduce the bug you found in the demo or just the Status Menu in a blank project.
Could you copy the status menu into a blank project and see if you get the same error?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:21:54 PM by SeMcDun »

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
RMRK Junior
Hi !

I wanna use your script in my project, it is actually what I need, thanks a lot !

There is also a problem in your equipment skill system, all skills learned in game will be reset at 0 AP when the game stop and restart...

It may be possible to save learned skill on variable or anything else ?

Rep:
Level 83
プログラマです
Thanks for that! Pretty bad bug haha.

At the bottom of the Equipment Skills script just above the line  #=end  add;

#==============================================================================
# ** DataManager
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This module manages the database and game objects. Almost all of the
# global variables used by the game are initialized by this module.
#==============================================================================

module DataManager

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Create Save Contents
  def self.make_save_contents
    contents = {}
    contents[:system]        = $game_system
    contents[:timer]         = $game_timer
    contents[:message]       = $game_message
    contents[:switches]      = $game_switches
    contents[:variables]     = $game_variables
    contents[:self_switches] = $game_self_switches
    contents[:actors]        = $game_actors
    contents[:party]         = $game_party
    contents[:troop]         = $game_troop
    contents[:map]           = $game_map
    contents[:player]        = $game_player

contents[:data_skills]        = $data_skills
    contents
  end
  # * Extract Save Contents
  def self.extract_save_contents(contents)
    $game_system        = contents[:system]
    $game_timer         = contents[:timer]
    $game_message       = contents[:message]
    $game_switches      = contents[:switches]
    $game_variables     = contents[:variables]
    $game_self_switches = contents[:self_switches]
    $game_actors        = contents[:actors]
    $game_party         = contents[:party]
    $game_troop         = contents[:troop]
    $game_map           = contents[:map]
    $game_player        = contents[:player]
    $data_skills        = contents[:data_skills]
  end

end # DataManager

I'll get round to uploading the newer version later. I quickly made this fix but it seemed to work. If there are any more problems, please post again :)

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
RMRK Junior
It works perfectly !

Thanks to fixed it and for your awesome job !
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:06:30 AM by Zefka »