RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A bit of a problem?

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Basically, I've only just been able to start using my laptop since yesterday, and I had to move my project to an external hard drive, then back onto the laptop. Now I get an error thing.

How do I fix this?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, my guess is that you are loading a picture in an unreadable format, likely one of the title graphics if that is where the error is occurring.

Maybe you were editing and saved it as a .pdn or something?

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Well, my guess is that you are loading a picture in an unreadable format, likely one of the title graphics if that is where the error is occurring.

Maybe you were editing and saved it as a .pdn or something?

I haven't edited anything though. And it comes up when I select either "Start Adventure" or "Resume Adventure" from the menu, so it loads the title screen fine then tells me that.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, the line to which you are referring is:

Code: [Select]
    @cache[path] = Bitmap.new(path) unless include?(path)

It would throw a type error if path weren't a string, and it would tell you the file wasn't found if it was a missing file, so my best guess is still that it is an unreadable file. Maybe something corrupted a file when you did the move, even if there was no editing?

For now, try putting the following line directly above the previous mentioned line:

msgbox(path)

The method will look like this:

def self.normal_bitmap(path)
    msgbox(path)
    @cache[path] = Bitmap.new(path) unless include?(path)
    @cache[path]
  end

Now run the game. You should get a couple message boxes popping up with the location and names of files being loaded. You can ignore all of them except the box that immediately precedes the error.

It will give you something like:

Graphics/Folder/Picture

Open up that folder and make sure that (a) there is only one copy of Picture; and (b) that it is a .png.

Once you've fixed it, you can delete the msgbox line.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
I'll try that. Also, upon looking into it, a lot of the graphics appear to have been lost. Maybe my laptop is more shoddy than I thought.