RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Age of Empires 2: 2013 Edition

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It's about time we got back into this. Especially considering that there was an unofficial "expansion" released for it less than a month ago, which not only adds a lot more content but makes it compatible at resolutions up to 1920x1080.

First of all, acquire the game and the Conquerors expansion using whatever method works for you.

Then visit http://www.forgottenempires.net/ and follow the instructions to install.  It's as simple as that.

Some things to keep in mind:

• This is a 15-year-old game. It's likely that if you're running anything newer than XP, it's likely to cause some issues.
  • If you're experiencing error messages while installing it, something along the lines of "left click error" or whatever, it's likely that you're running a 64-bit version of Windows. To fix this, just move your game directory from /Program Files (x86) to /Program Files.
  • If you're experiencing color issues (a lot of red mixed in with your green, or purple in your yellow, etc.) it's because AOE2 doesn't like your new, slick operating system with all its bells and whistles. So just kill it while you're in-game by opening up the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and ending explorer.exe for the duration of your game time. Then just start it back up when you're done.
  • I'll add more issues and how to fix them as we go along.

[Roph edit] We play on GameRanger, which handles the networking and everything. Just join IRC if you want to join / start a game, or you want to add us to your gameranger firends list etc.

Also, once you've setup AOE2 and the forgotten empires expansion and have ran gameranger, be sure to run the game (AoFE_Launcher.exe) and change the options to your liking. You can set modern resolutions like 1920x1080 :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 01:01:39 AM by Roph »

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
One of My favorite games growing up was Age of empires 1&2.

It was in my top 4 favorite games... But we only had 4 games to play anyway.

Anyway, What is the exact point of this, is it for a group to play Age of Empire 2 together, Or an Error Help topic and where to find newer versions of the game?
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
it runs fine on 7, you just need a colour fix. i'll find the link later and throw it up. i'm down to play again, was fun last time.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Age is good fun, I do recall connection issues when I tried with friends though :/

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
We'll play with gameranger, it handles all the lobbying / virtual connection stuff.
bringing sexy back

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
colour fix is included with the unofficial expansion, which is actually pretty good by the way

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It didn't work on mine, not fully at any rate. I still have to kill explorer to fix it.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
ur doin it wrong

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I should probably note that the color issues aren't in-game. I have a second monitor displaying my desktop/chat/browser, which ends up with serious color problems while running the game unless I close explorer.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
I finally brought myself around to getting it, anyone up for a duel match sometime in the near future?
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
oh hey it's this thread again

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
It's stopped working for me :( For multiplayer at least. Single player works fine still. Multiplayer it just crashes / disappears back to desktop once I get ingame. Meh.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 87
Hey look they're releasing an HD edition of Age of Empires 2.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_MEFt7KrxQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_MEFt7KrxQ</a>

So much yes.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Can't wait for the HD release.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
So getting this

Rep:
Level 87
That HD release looks amazing! Also, the multiplayer through Steam makes it a definite buy.