RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Item Pickup Window Help?

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
'sup hoe?
     Technically this isn't a request, more of a cry for help <heh>. In RMVXA I noticed they have a default 'Item Pickup Window" that appears in the left hand corner of the screen when ever you obtain an item or money or armor or a weapon or lose one as well. my problem:

The window appears, yet it's so small, and jumbled together you cannot understand what it even says down there of what you have just recieved or picked up. I'm not sure if it's my font, because I changed my game font to "Arial" simply because the default font gets cut off to easily in the message window.

I don't want to get rid of it completely I actually enjoy this feature as it is pretty 'neat'. I simply would like to know in which script is this located so maybe there are dimensions or some type of adjustment I can make to tweak it a bit to make it fit better and actually readable of which items you have obtained. I tried 'YEA's Even Window Script' because it adds icons next to each item you've recieved but it wasn't compatible with another script of his I already have inserted, so I got rid of it.

So, I tried another font and to no avail the "Item Pickup Window" or whatever this feature is called; didn't change in size or width it's still slightly scrambled. Can this be fixed? Can anyone help? It's honestly a cosmetic glitch I can't stand to look at, especially when I know there may be a way to fix it. Thank you. I appreciate it greatly.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:40:09 PM by Rueik »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That isn't a default feature in RMVX Ace. It must be a result of some script you are using, and I need to know which one to be able to help. The only one I know of that is similar is Yanfly's Event Window script, and I take it from your post that that's not what you're using.

So... what scripts are you using? Just list them all since you're not sure which one is causing the problem.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 10:43:34 PM by modern algebra »

'sup hoe?
     Damn I thought it was a standard feature but you know what I just checked? I actually do have Yanfly's Event Window script still active. I could have swore I deleted the script from my project because I got the "Stack Level Too Deep" error, but I think it may have been because I possibly imported the script twice once at an earlier time and not realized because it wasn't named the same as the original.

I actually fixed the problem it was due to the fact I changed the font to "Arial" like an idiot some of the text is slightly squished still such as when Player receives money the numbers are squished because the font in the window, shrinks to fit in the window and I can't really do anything about that unless you know of a way...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:59:56 AM by Rueik »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, if it's an earlier version, then it might be entirely different. But you could try increasing the value of:

Code: [Select]
    WINDOW_WIDTH  = 280     # Event Window width.

That should give it more space.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 02:10:56 AM by modern algebra »

'sup hoe?
    Actually I just did that and that helped a lot thank you.