RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Problems for a Friend

Rep: +0/-0Level 44
RMRK Junior
Yeah, so a good friend of mine is using this RPG maker to make a game, and has been unable to make progress due to a little problem with the enemies. He says that the enemies exist, but they simply walk around and refuse to run after the characters and attack... which causes a few clear problems. Frankly, I am of no assistance with all this computer stuff, so I decided to see if anyone here has any suggestions. Sorry about this not being a very detailed account, but I frankly cannot make heads or tails of his problem.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Yeah, so a good friend of mine is using this RPG maker to make a game, and has been unable to make progress due to a little problem with the enemies. He says that the enemies exist, but they simply walk around and refuse to run after the characters and attack... which causes a few clear problems. Frankly, I am of no assistance with all this computer stuff, so I decided to see if anyone here has any suggestions. Sorry about this not being a very detailed account, but I frankly cannot make heads or tails of his problem.

Has he set the enemy's path to walk towards hero on repeat? Cause it sounds like he set them to step into random directions...
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
You could tell him to look up the yanfly script called 'Event chase player', It's a really neat script if you want the enemies to chase you and initiate a battle if they come in contact with the player.

Edit: Damn, I missed D&P3's post with the link for that tutorial. That would kinda work the same way :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:44:36 PM by Dark_Metamorphosis »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade