RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help Please?

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
'sup hoe?
     Okay don't attack me but I hadn't the slightest idea where to post this so if this isn't the correct area, please move it to the right location.

That being said...I'm having some trouble with something very simplistic for some reason. I'm making an event, well it's for an intro I'm making for the beginning of my game, but I can't seem to get the "Scroll Map" feature to work correctly? I don't know what I've done, or am doing wrong; but it's not working properly for me. I use "Transfer Player" at the end of this event, to obviously transfer the player to the other map to start the second part of the intro. Problem: When it transfers, it's supposed to start scrolling up the map, unfortunately for me this doesn't happen it just transfers, and sits there.

I know it has to be something small that I've possibly overlooked but as of right now I can't seem to find out why it's not working. Here is some screens of what I have done, any help I'd greatly appreciate it. And please go easy on me I already feel pretty stupid for not getting this to work properly. I am using RPG Maker VX for the first time, but I have been using VX for quite some time and this has worked effortlessly in my previous VX project hence why I'm confused.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:30:09 PM by Rueik »

Rep:
Level 71
I took a look and first off use Autorun rather than parallel process. Note that you need to make another page to end it properly. That could fix your issue. Second of all I can't seem to find scroll map any where in your screenshots.

'sup hoe?
     Well the "Scroll Map" is on the map I set the transfer to, set to a parallel process so as soon as it transfers the player, it should start scrolling. I Didn't want to take a screen shot of just an event page that says: "Scroll Map Up, 48, 4" sorry :-\. And I didn't think of using Autorun for some reason I will try that.

EDIT:
     Thank you, Autorun fixed it. I seriously don't know why I didn't do that but thank you I appreciate it. By the way I just saw you're 3D "Pool of Mana" game thread you're working on and that's badass man keep it up! Thank you again.

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks! Good luck with your project.

'sup hoe?
     No problem, and thank you. I'm still adjusting to VXA's features, just a simple mistake on my part I think I rush too much on events like that ha.