RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Primordial Move Command, for tactical game.

Rep:
Level 46
Overlord in Training
Yay, so I made it as concise as possible. It's obviously not final, but this is a fairly useable move command.

I'm sorry if this is hard to read, not sure how to make the images zoom out. You'll have to zoom out your own screen.

The common event looks like this:

The map event only needs two pages. You can copy paste this as much as you like, and they won't interfere with each other.

It's got flaws galore. Hence, the label 'Primordial.' I got around not having local variables, by having only one event use the variables at a time. However, when I figure out local variables, (Thanks LoganF) The map event should only need to be one page, copy paste.

Believe it or not it took me forever to get it this concise.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:59:33 AM by yuyu! »

Rep:
Level 46
Overlord in Training
Actually, I just realized that I don't need 2 pages in my map event. Just the first page as a parallel process witht he commonevent:Movable. It works, I have no idea why.

Apparently event if all the events say that Thiseventxy=Moverxy

It makes no difference? That is, the conditional branches clearly state that the players xy must equal the Variables Moverx,y

So if their all changing the variables value at once, how can the dang conditional branches for each individual event still work???

For example, If i do it like this, one event overrides all the others! I dont get it!

Is it because of the else handlers? Does this mean that the a variable can have more then one state at once...but in the case of an else handler, one takes priority?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:27:37 AM by Razma »