RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Distributing the game without the RTP? (VXA)

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Hey!

So I have a bit of a problem when Im distributing my game. The demo for my game is soon to be released, and I want to be able to distribute my game without the use of the whole RTP package. Recently I changed my Game.ini file to the following:

Spoiler for Game.ini:
[Game]
RTP=RPGVXAce
Library=System\RGSS300.dll
Scripts=Data\Scripts.rvdata2
Title=Violent Whispers
[Game]
RTP=
Library=System\RGSS300.dll
Scripts=Data\Scripts.rvdata2
Title=Violent Whispers

This allowed me to, playtest the game and have errors being displayed if a file is missing in the project. Im not sure if the settings is correct though.. I recently downloaded the RM checker aswell, and it works nice, but Im not sure if Its fully accurate on the files.. The thing is though, when I distributed my game and my friend tried to open it, he gets an error saying that the RTP is needed to play the game. How do I go around this problem? I distribute my game as being encrypted, along without the RTP files. I know there's a guide on how to distribute the game without the RTP, but thats for XP only.. is it the same for VXA?

Im not sure how I will be able to distribute the game in a standalone behaviour for the people that doesnt have the RTP folder, and I really dont want to put in resources that I doesnt use.. Its like 250mb of difference on the project. Maybe I have forgot to add some files to my game folder?, and thats why you cant run it without the RTP?

I really need some help with this, because Its soon time for me to distribute my demo and I need to work this out before that. I dont want people to download my game, and then not being able to play it. Anyone that could enlighten me about this?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:51:01 AM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 82
You need to make sure that every file you need to use (all of the graphics and audio) that may have come with the RTP is copied into your project's local folders. If you are missing any, there will be problems.

This is a handy program to use, that works similar to the XP and VX checker that Yeyinde made: http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/5803-resource-checker/

It's a script that will check what files it needs to copy from the RTP folder into your game projects. You may have to change the script to point to the correct RTP directory, wherever you have it installed on your PC. To run it, when you get onto the game map and can move your player character, hit F5. It will take a few seconds but a message will pop up when it's finished. Additionally, a resources.txt file will be created in your project folder to show which files have been copied.

I've tested it myself and it lets me run my project from the .exe just fine.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
This looks sweet!  ;D It seems that my RTP folder is invalid or inaccessible though? Im running the directory with the audio and graphics inside the VX Ace folder, but it seems like the files cant be found. Also, it seems like the script is including my custom files thats not included in the RTP. I will try and download the RTP from the website though and try to run it from that directory instead and see if I can get it to work. Im not sure why it cant use the RTP directory from the VX Ace map..

Edit: I worked it out, thanks :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:55:17 AM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade