RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
F12 Reset Fix

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
F12 Reset Fix

Introduction
F12 reset can sometimes be a pain in the arse. This script fixes that by spawning a new Game.exe. It can also be used if you want to use the editor whilst play-testing it. You can also configure to show the console on test play.

Features
- Saves an RM user from death by F12 reset.

Screenshots
Not needed.

Script
Get it here.

Log
Version 2.1
- Fixed issue where game window is not in focus
when Console_on is set to false
- Now compatible with Tsuki's Test Edit script
Version 2.0
- Console option added
- Automatically focuses window after pressing F12
Version 1.1
- Respawning the exe was better
Version 1.0
- Initial Release

Credit and Thanks
- Read the script header
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:13:08 PM by Acezon »

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
UPDATE:
It appears that it doesn't work on some events, so I decided to execute a new Game.exe and removed the former.

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
EDIT: I just changed the thread's title since the script can be a general-purpose F12 reset fix.

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
UPDATED to version 2. Read the first post for changes.

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
Your new update corrected the bug tha tI had with your script (mentionned on rpgmaker web)
Thank you :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:17:49 PM by Chaos17 »

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
UPDATE
 Version 2.1
 - Fixed issue where game window is not in focus
   when Console_on is set to false
 - Now compatible with Tsuki's Test Edit script

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
I Know it old now but thanks I been seeing problem when people uses F12 to reset in my town of illustive game it crashes due to a script causing the problem. But I think this will fix the problem for my next game.