RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ask a Trans Dude?

Rep:
Level 57
why am i even doing this

Pre-everything FTM and proud, ask away chums.

Rep:
Level 57
Under the influence? ;P
Please, explain, as it's late and my brain is all a-boggle.

Rep:
Level 57
If you assume I'm making it up, then I'm not. :/
I'd go off on a tangent on how that's rude and all, but this is RMRK, ahaha.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
What's a trans dude?? I don't get it :(

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
A Transexual man.

Basically, I identify myself as male even though I was born a female. Later on down the line there are operations and certain drugs (literally, injections of testosterone) I could take to make myself look much more like a male, though they are optional. (:
Hope that helps!

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
A Transexual man.

Basically, I identify myself as male even though I was born a female. Later on down the line there are operations and certain drugs (literally, injections of testosterone) I could take to make myself look much more like a male, though they are optional. (:
Hope that helps!
Yeah... That explains it quite a bit...

I'm sorry, I'm from Belgium (so English is not my native language) and I was thinking about this being what you meant but I kind of thought: "Don't ask anything before you know what is really meant hear!"

So here's my real question now:
Do we refer to you as "her" and "she" or as "him" and "his"??

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Haha, it's fine.

Well, technically I am still a female, because I haven't started any treatments, so officially it's her and she, but I myself would prefer to be his and him. (:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Why do you want to be a dude? It's not as fun as it looks. Being a woman sounds better. You can eat all the penis you want. Hmmmm, penis.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 57
Haha, well admittedly there's nothing stopping me from eating a decent amount of penis as a guy.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I don't know what it's like where you're from, but here... I only know two gay dudes, and their both taken (Each other lol.) All the others guys here are straight... If I had a vagoogoo they'd want to stick their sticks in me. ;___;
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
Why do you want to be a dude? It's not as fun as it looks. Being a woman sounds better. You can eat all the penis you want. Hmmmm, penis.

I don't know about being a woman sounding like the better deal. The number of times my partner wishes she was male is countable. I think there's a few more perks to being male than female in the whole scheme of things, though. She isn't always being serious about that, of course; only at those certain times that we know they love.

And there's definitely nothing that stops a male from snacking on the "sticks" either. Just have to find someone willing, and that's more common than it might seem too from my experience.

I must say, I've known more males identifying as female than I do females as male. Or perhaps more males are comfortable sharing that information than females are. It would be a valid explanation.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Hm. Interesting. Here we go.

As a male who is quite fond of his masculinity, I cannot argue that there is just as much magic in manhood as there is in womanhood. However, even I cannot deny that being a girl sounds like it could be fun at times. What is it about your femininity that you do not connect with?

I happen to work in medicine, and I am very sympathetic to those whit gender dysphoria. If a person identifies as whichever gender, I use that pronoun to address them. In your stage of transition, do you live outwardly as a male? If so, do you get offended or feel negatively when you are referred to as SHE instead of HE?

Plastics and urology tell me that surgical construction of a vagina, complete with clitoris, is possible and becoming easier while construction of a penis is practically impossible. How do you view the issue of genital reassignment given this information, and if surgery is not an option, what alternatives have you considered?

One of my homosexual friends says that one's sexuality is based on one's view of one's own gender. In other words, I am heterosexual. Even if I were to suddenly wake up female, I would tend to remain heterosexual. Assuming that your "soul" is male, do you tend towards hetero or homo? Do you see this changing as the transitional protocols unfold?

Have you undergone any counseling concerning your desire to transition? How far into this process are you right now?
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Incidentally enough, a close friend of mine recently came out as transgender, though she's MtF rather than FtM. I have to agree with Logan when I say that men identifying as women seems to be a lot more prevalent than women identifying as men.

At any rate, after my friend came out, I did some research into transgenderism. In my travels, I stumbled across a rather nice FtM fellow on YouTube. It was rather enthralling watching his transition. Skylarkeleven is his name.

Anyway, that aside, may I ask when you realized you were transgender? Has it been something you've dealt with your entire life, or is it more of a recent development?

I suppose for some it's a "grass is greener" scenario, but I personally can't see that. I enjoy being a male.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I just love being a woman... I can get loads of free booze when going out......... :yuyu: JK

It's true that they both have their good sides. Men are straight-forward, but women have the gentle touch... Men are protective while women can comfort people. It's just natural to people to sometimes wish they were "the other gender" once in a while. Though, maybe that is why people are attracted to others? They want to complete themselves by having a soulmate ;)

I rest my case.. XD

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Being trans isn't about like, choosing sides or preferring masculinity over feminism or wanting to eat penis. It's whoever the person is on the inside.

Basically, shut up boe.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 57
I don't know what it's like where you're from, but here... I only know two gay dudes, and their both taken (Each other lol.) All the others guys here are straight... If I had a vagoogoo they'd want to stick their sticks in me. ;___;

Oh nooo, well lucky you don't have a vagoogoo then!

I must say, I've known more males identifying as female than I do females as male. Or perhaps more males are comfortable sharing that information than females are. It would be a valid explanation.

Actually, I've found that as well. I don't know if we're some kind of minority or whether, like you say, the guys are just more comfortable "coming out", as such.

Hm. Interesting. Here we go.

As a male who is quite fond of his masculinity, I cannot argue that there is just as much magic in manhood as there is in womanhood. However, even I cannot deny that being a girl sounds like it could be fun at times. What is it about your femininity that you do not connect with?

I happen to work in medicine, and I am very sympathetic to those whit gender dysphoria. If a person identifies as whichever gender, I use that pronoun to address them. In your stage of transition, do you live outwardly as a male? If so, do you get offended or feel negatively when you are referred to as SHE instead of HE?

Plastics and urology tell me that surgical construction of a vagina, complete with clitoris, is possible and becoming easier while construction of a penis is practically impossible. How do you view the issue of genital reassignment given this information, and if surgery is not an option, what alternatives have you considered?

One of my homosexual friends says that one's sexuality is based on one's view of one's own gender. In other words, I am heterosexual. Even if I were to suddenly wake up female, I would tend to remain heterosexual. Assuming that your "soul" is male, do you tend towards hetero or homo? Do you see this changing as the transitional protocols unfold?

Have you undergone any counseling concerning your desire to transition? How far into this process are you right now?

I mainly dislike the expectations that come with being a female. It seems all old-fashioned nowadays, but the little things still hang around, like women are mostly expected to have at least one child. Also, on the other hand, they aren't expected, though are allowed to if they so wish, to go out and be the head of the family, earning money. It's a little hard to explain, but the femininity just doesn't feel correct; it doesn't feel me.

I don't live outwardly as a male quite yet, I'm waiting for the right moment to spill the beans to most friends and my family, becuase my mother isn't the most accepting of "different" people, so I'm waiting until I'm a lot more comfortable and in a better place to explain to her. At the moment I don't, other than with one or two very close friends and on the internet, tell people that I am, or at least would like to be considered as, a male. Because of my age, and the fact that I'm not yet on T or have been operated on, I'm generally female to most people, which hopefully I can change later. (: I don't react negatively, or generally feel negative, unless it's somebody I have specifically asked to call me by male pronouns and all that.

I consider that just my luck, the genitals of the gender I want being so difficult to get right, haha. The genital reassignment surgery would be the last thing on my list to get done, really, as it isn't too much of a deal to me when I can just cope with packers for the time being, and I'm not currently at an age to be sexually active so nothing would stp me there. My views on this could very well change in, say, two or three years, however, if I were to get a partner, but for now I'm quite fine on the genital surgery. I'm considering just taking the Testosterone for a while and seeing how that goes, and having chest surgery to get rid of my boobs so I wouldn't have to wear a binder all the time.

Well, I've always considered myself pansexual, because I honestly don't mind anyone, gender-wise. I don't see this changing at all, gender doesn't faze me, it's personality and, admittedly, appearance that will sway me on whether I like a person, not whether they are a male, or a female, or consider themselves a non-gender.

I haven't gotten into any counselling as of now, because I would feel too bad going about it behind my family's back if I were to do it whilst still not telling them. Once I have the whole thing out in the open I might consider it, but for now it's a no-go.

Incidentally enough, a close friend of mine recently came out as transgender, though she's MtF rather than FtM. I have to agree with Logan when I say that men identifying as women seems to be a lot more prevalent than women identifying as men.

At any rate, after my friend came out, I did some research into transgenderism. In my travels, I stumbled across a rather nice FtM fellow on YouTube. It was rather enthralling watching his transition. Skylarkeleven is his name.

Anyway, that aside, may I ask when you realized you were transgender? Has it been something you've dealt with your entire life, or is it more of a recent development?

I suppose for some it's a "grass is greener" scenario, but I personally can't see that. I enjoy being a male.

Oh wow, thanks for the link, his videos are really cool, thankyou!~

I hear a lot about transgenders who say "I knew since I was a kid" "I always wore girl's/boy's clothes, or played with their toys" and all that. I wasn't one of those. I was tomboyish, at best, but I was partial to the odd barbie and pink item of clothing every once in a while. It was around this time last year (I was 14 at the time) when I really started understanding what the word Transgender meant, and understanding that actually that's the way I had felt about myself for a good three or so years. So yeah, about a year ago is when I really started to realise.

I just love being a woman... I can get loads of free booze when going out......... :yuyu: JK

It's true that they both have their good sides. Men are straight-forward, but women have the gentle touch... Men are protective while women can comfort people. It's just natural to people to sometimes wish they were "the other gender" once in a while. Though, maybe that is why people are attracted to others? They want to complete themselves by having a soulmate ;)

I rest my case.. XD

Ahaha, You have a point! ;)

You've got a very good point there, the whole completion thing. You may have just cracked the mystery of love! Haha.

Being trans isn't about like, choosing sides or preferring masculinity over feminism or wanting to eat penis. It's whoever the person is on the inside.

Basically, shut up boe.

Thankyou, Anski. (:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Anski just got a +rep from me :yuyu:

Also, I didn't crack the mystery of love... I just know why I love my boyfriend as much as I do. I'm rather sensitive and he's harsh!

When we see people fighting, I'd just go "STOP FIGHTING YOU JERKS!" and when he'd just step right up, push them both aside and go negotiating about the problem Oo
But when a friend of mine would tell us their love problems, I'd go all "Oh, just let him go and party... He'll either find out what he misses and come crawling back or he's not worth your trouble!" and he'd go "Shit happens!"... (I sometimes wish I had a little more of his personality and he thinks the same about me, so yeah)

Also, I know loads of gay/lesbian/bisexual people and they are all great people. As for the transsexual thing: I didn't know anyone like that before you, but I know a gay guy who acts pretty much like any girl acts...

Also, you seem pretty cool about it and I guess people shouldn't go boohoo about it and just accept you for who you are, whether you choose to change yourself into a male or just stay female on the outside and be okay with it.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Thank you for your candid and frank answers. If I may play the part of and older man giving the younger man advice, I recommend that you really talk to the people closest to you about this as soon as you feel ready, and to that end find outside sources of support who can help you get there. If the cases I've seen tell me anything, it's that you will need a solid support structure for the psychological aspects of your transition, and let's face it, every young man should have a good male role model. I really believe that counseling services can help you there. Start in your school (assuming you;re that young) and grow from there.

I would also do some research into the hard facts of hormone therapy. Testosterone is the med of choice for your process, yes; it also has side effects- the least of which is agression, and sudden stoppage or overdose can cause growth of breast tissue- 'roid heads call it "bitch tit" in the gym.

Altogether, though, it seems as though you have a good take on who you are. Thats the best first step anyone can take and I salute you for it, young man. I'll be around for your research purposes should you desire.
:tinysmile: