RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Furatis Melodum

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
First of all, the pretentious gratuitously Latin title is very subject to change.

This is my very first game project that I've turned to off and on whenever I've felt bored or inspired.  I've always wanted to write a story, or better yet, make a game out of it.

Rather than describe this game and color your expectations of what it's going to be, I'd rather you play it first and tell me what you get out of it.  I actually believe that sort of feedback would be the most insightful.  Multiple playthoughs may be required to see everything that I put into it.  Thankfully, it's VERY short.  3 minutes would be a careless guess for one runthrough of the game.  This demo is really almost little more than a tech demo.

RPG MAKER VX ACE RTP REQUIRED
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gcn9v484a443tkc

What I can tell you about it is:
  • The maps are what you think they are.  I may make actually original maps eventually.
  • The music is definitely unoriginal.  This is the actual joke in my choice of the title.  Perhaps I'll compose original music eventually as well, but then it would ruin the title and my half-intention for this game to be a love letter to good game music.
  • I don't intend to make the game very serious.

And I definitely have little idea on where I want the story (or lack thereof) to go.  I'm even planning/hoping that random hurtful baseless criticism will somehow spark an idea in my head of what to do with this game.  LITERALLY TELL ME ANYTHING.  I am grasping at straws.  Help.

For those who want to help but are more practical in nature:

Specific (possibly unrealistic) things I seek for my game are:
  • An action oriented battle system that basically functions like Demon's/Dark Souls
  • A way to portray the effect of a bustling city in the way that open-world sandbox games (GTA, Saints Row) accomplish, as in random NPCs that actually go place to place rather than sit still or waddle around
  • Ideas of what people actually like to see in a game

So there you go.  Have at it.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
It's a bit hard to say much about the game, because it's still so little, but from playing the demo:
1. It looks pretty good. Maps are decent, although a little big, and can make walking around feel a bit slow, or even tedious at times. Like when I went into some corners of the town map, or into the side rooms in the water building.
2. I liked the detail put into what you have so far. Little things like giving shopkeepers different dialogue depending on which side of the counter I'm standing. Dialogue itself is also nice. The main character seemed a little confusing to me (as in being very cheerful when killing a guy), but I guess that makes it more interesting.=P
3. I'm not sure what the point was of giving my opinion on the town, but I'm guessing it changes the background song depending on what I choose. Again, I'm not exactly sure what's the point in it, besides giving me choice in what kind of music I want to hear (which isn't a bad thing I might add).
Also found it a little hard to judge the town right from the start; maybe add a small overview cutscene of the town the first time entering it so the player can get a better opinion.
4. I felt the tutorial was a bit out of place, but I guess that's part of it being a demo. It would be nice if the tips could be implemented in a way that they are presented during gameplay when the player actually needs to use a certain feature for the first time.
5. I felt the battle with Recht dragged on for a bit too long, maybe cut his HP by a small amount (20% maybe). For a fight that wasn't in the least bit challenging it didn't need to take that long to finish.
6. Small nitpicking, but the floating island appeared to be really flat. Maybe give it a few more layers of dirt.

Overall, I think you have a solid starting point for a game with your current demo. Map-wise I felt it was alright, if not slightly large at some points. Graphics-wise it looked good, but I guess you were using the RTP? (lol, I'm not familiar with VX Ace RTP). Choice of music also seemed to fit well.
Would be fun to see you make some progress with this game.:lol:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:03:30 PM by Milennin »
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!