RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Evermourne (Screenshots inside)

Rep:
Level 87
A little game I'm working on, inspired by classic snes rpgs like Final Fantasy 6. I'm even using a similar color palette and tile placement to get that nostalgic feel. I don't intend to emulate the game, I just want to create something that is obviously inspired by. These screenshots are a wip. I plan to have it take place during a kind of 1920's prohibition time period, combined with high fantasy elements. We'll see :P

I'd love to know your thoughts guys! I just felt like it'd be fun to create something as a kind of homage to ff6, my favorite game as a kid.

Also, check out my free tiles! A lot of them are really old and kind... well... they're not good, lol. But they're there if you want them!
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,47453.new.html#new
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:15:39 PM by Hyptosis »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Those tilesets are absolutely beautiful, as is that sprite. I love them and can't wait to see more.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Wow! Those tiles look incredible! Keep up the good work!

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
The maps and the characters look pretty good. Is it parallax mapping or normal mapping?

Rep:
Level 87
Wow, I went around to a lot of the indie rpgmaker forums to share my work, and on almost all of them I offended people or pissed them off, or didn't meet the requirements to be able to share my work. :P You pretty much have to have the game finished before you can talk about it, I just wanted to kind share my progress and chat. I guess I'll only post here.

These maps are not paralaxing, thanks for the feedback guys. I'll share more as I complete it. ^_^

Rep:
Level 87
lead character

She's a witch, kind of feral, will have to learn to work with others, etc.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That's a really cool picture Hyptosis.

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks Modern! Glad to see you're still kicking man! :D

unfinished street/city -

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
Holy crap dude. . . I wish I had half the talent you do ;~~~~~~~~~~;
*scribbles*
{$name} is a beautiful human

Rep:
Level 87
haha, thanks!

Here is an update on the city set, not crazy about it but it's coming along. The streets will look a lot nicer when I get the mailboxes and windows and street lamps and so on in place.

I'm not liking the large blue tiles on the roof, they're too clean and just a 'weird' place. Going to try adding some steam pipes and chimneys and stuff in that area to try to tie it up.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I think you need more colors and contrast.  Roofs are rarely the same color as the siding of a house...same color as the sidewalk...as the car...as the road.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
I'll give that a try, thank you so much for the advice!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I'm kinda sad that I can't see any of the screenshots in your OP, I'm not sure why they aren't showing up for me.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I'm kinda sad that I can't see any of the screenshots in your OP, I'm not sure why they aren't showing up for me.
Same ;9 they sound impressive.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 87
I think the image host I'm using is down right now. It's conceptart.org, I have a digital sketchbook there, I'm sure they'll come back up in the next few days. Sorry for the trouble!

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
They're back up and they're beautiful ;~;
*scribbles*
{$name} is a beautiful human

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Oh wow, those look amazing.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Holy wow, I'm following this! What sexy screenshots! ;o;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Be careful just how much you trace from FF6...

Rep:
Level 87
Yup. like I said, was recreating ff6 tiles at a higher res. Thought people would get a kick out of it. Don't care for for the accusation though, I was being very upfront about it.

Here is an update on the city I"m working on, still using exclusive colors from Narshe, only allowing for midtones which, obviously the snes never did/could.

Rep:
Level 87
Here is another update on the interior set. Added some more personal elements that weren't seen in the original.

I'm kinda thinking of ditching this and doing a total do-over though. I thought it'd be fun to kind of create this with a strong ff6 feel, but newer art. It's be fun to work on and I already feel like I've learned a bit from the old masters. But I keep getting these little snide comments every so often so it is clearly rubbing some people the wrong way. I'll give this some thought and maybe just start over with no influence at all. Was trying to just do something fun and pay homage to my favorite childhood game.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:11:46 PM by Hyptosis »

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
But I keep getting these little snide comments every so often so it is clearly rubbing some people the wrong way. I'll give this some thought and maybe just start over with no influence at all. Was trying to just do something fun and pay homage to my favorite childhood game.

Naw man, keep up doing what you enjoy doing. Don't pay attention to the losers.:lol:
Personally I find the style a little too hard on the eyes, and the huge amount of detail kind of makes it hard to focus on the important things (character, NPCs, key items/objects). On the streets it isn't as bad, it's mainly the interior.
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Yup. like I said, was recreating ff6 tiles at a higher res. Thought people would get a kick out of it. Don't care for for the accusation though, I was being very upfront about it.

Didn't see that link at the bottom of your post.  Carry on then.

Rep:
Level 87
Two updates, some character concept art, and my repaint of the interior tiles. I wanted to save my maps I built with the previous tiles, so I'm painting over them with totally original art. Still a wip.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
The new stuff looks awesome :o

Sorry again about that misunderstanding.