RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Recruit Shops

Rep:
Level 75
What the...?
RECRUIT SHOPS 1.0
By: Ixfuru
12/26/12

INTRODUCTION
This script creates a system of both recruiting AND random actor generation.  It comes complete with new actor parameters which can be accessed and altered via script calls.  The main thing, is the new scene, which is a fully customizable shop, where you can find and purchase new actors for your party.  The fact that they can be randomly generated, makes this script a two for one!

FEATURES
-new scene for recruiting
-recruiting system which prices actors by level and class
-customize shop windowskins, text colors, etc.
-customize shopkeepers with names and dialogue
-randomly generated actor recruits
-shops whose recruits are based on variables
-script calls for both parties and actors
-male/female/beast types
-and more...

HOW TO USE
Just take the DEMO below.  Or take the script from the Pastebin link.  Copy the script and place it into your project, above Main and below materials.
To access the new scene, call it with:

Code: [Select]
$scene = Scene_Recruit.new(shop_id)

Follow the directions in the script to make your shops unique!

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler for:

This shot shows Randomly generated actors as recruits, Thus the two Harriets.  The more you add to
the script, the less likely these double recruits will be.

This image shows how the recruits become unavailable if you don't have the funds.  These are
actors which have been set up prior to runtime.  It's your choice.

THINGS YOU WILL NEED
You need to pick up ModernAlgebra's script "Paragraph Formatter 2.0", located here:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25129.0.html

If you are taking the script from the pastebin link, you'll need to get yourself a windowskin from somewhere, or just adjust the SHOPSKIN constant in the module to point to your new windowskin.  Or just place the filename string "Window" in the constant to use the default windowskin.  If you are taking the demo, you won't have to worry about this, because I took the liberty to create a custom windowskin myself for this script.  It's not that great, but it did the job.

THE SCRIPT

http://pastebin.com/61wBJ2c0

THE DEMO

http://www.mediafire.com/?58phd57vr566q8f

CREDITS
First of all, thank ModernAlgebra.  His paragraph Formatter is awesome and I can't see why anyone wouldn't use it.
You must credit me if you use this script non-commercially.  You must furthermore, contact me to seek permission to go commercial with it.
You don't have to credit me for the windowskin, really.

A FINAL WORD
This script started out being a 'little' project.  But it turned into something awesome.  I had hoped to get it out there by Christmas, but it didn't happen.  So, I'm a day late.  At any rate, I learned a lot more about scripting during the making of this script and I'm confident there will be many more to come.  All I can say is that I hope you enjoy it and leave me some feedback.  If you find a bug or have an issue, let me know, and I'll do what I can.  Thanks again!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This is really a graphically pretty script IXFURU. I quite like the layout.

I am sorry that I haven't commented much on your scripts in VX. My own interest has migrated to VXA and I pay insufficient attention to the VX boards these days, but I have been impressed by your recent output, and I felt that I should express it.

I haven't looked at the code itself, but I will try to do so sometime in the future. In the meantime, keep up the good work! I know that many people who still use VX will be grateful to you for your effort.

Rep:
Level 75
What the...?
Thanks, Modern!

Somehow, after two or three years of failed efforts, I'm starting to get it.  I have a long way to go.  I can't get Regexp to save my hide! >:(   And I still haven't dove into the battle scene stuff.   But I'm gonna keep trying.

I appreciate your sentiment.  And if you ever do[\b] look at some of the code, feel free to offer advice on things I may be doing wrong.  I would welcome the input.