RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Violent Whispers [Beta Version 0.4] [VXA]

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Spoiler for:
Heh, about the woodcutting axe, I was almost thinking the demo was ended there, because it didn't give me a sign of there being more to do. Then I remembered the blocked passage at the start of the game.=P

Alright, I can finish the demo, see what happens. I didn't know credits were included, is that a normal thing to do with a demo?

-LOL, Armageddon spell.xD
-A random battle while not walking on the path on the worldmap made the game pause for like 2 seconds before starting the battle.
-Wiola isn't gaining any MP. Is this intended?
-Monsters on the world map drop way too many items. I'm swimming in potions after a few battles. Also, they hardly deal any damage to my characters (70's / 80's). Considering I have a healer in my team now, it's way too easy here.
-Walking on the path to the Town of Duke gave me 2 battles, having to kill a total of 8 monsters. Walking to the Town of Duke not following the path gave me 2 battles, having to kill a total of 3 monsters. Either ramp up the encounter rate outside the paths on the overworld, or remove the battles while staying on the path. I do like having the choice to avoid random battles, or drastically lower the chances for them appearing. Random battles tend to annoy the hell out of me after a while of playing a game.=P
Spoiler for answer to Milennin:
Hehe ye, that's what I wanted to do! Have the player stop for a moment to think about why you would need the axe. If you leave the cave though you will get a hint on why you need it, but even so I wanted the player to think for awhile just like you did, and hopefully remember about the blocked entrance ;)

I'm not sure if It's normal to include credits in a demo hehe, It's my first game ever made so I'm not really sure. But I added the credits because I havn't added everyone in my post yet, so I thought I could go ahead and include everyone in the ending credits instead.

Hehe ye the armageddon spell is a bit of an overkill at that point, but It's just a little sneak peak on some of Wiolas more powerful attacks that you will aquire later on :)
Ye, that's something that I need to fix. I'm not sure how I will implement battles on the world map yet.. I don't want to have random encounters, since the road is supposed to be a safe spot if you want to avoid any combat. The 2 seconds before a battle actually starts is also something that I need to change.
The 2 encounters on the road is a one-time only sequence, for the first time you enter the world map.. they wont reappear again.

I'm thinking about, maybe marking the locations where you will encounter enemies.. since they have an erase event command it might be hard to find any new encounters once you have killed alot of them. To get them back you just have to leave the area and get back to the world map. But I can see some problems once you have alot of events being erased.. I'm not sure how I will go around that yet..

About Wiolas MP, she's not supposed to regen any mana without buffs or items. Since she will have quite a large mana pool later on, I felt that it would be weird if she automaticly recieved some MP back, and it will also make it harder to balance her between healing and going to the offense. There are items (and later on a new character) that will be able to regen her mana though. Once you have this character in your party, I'm thinking about lowering the droprates of potions and mp regen items, to make it more tactical in boss fights and stuff, so you will have a good use of the 'spellblade' character (spellblade will be more of a buffer and regen kind of class along with some offensive skills).

The enemies that is spawning on the world map, will change in the fixed demo for sure. At the moment of release I had no new enemies added for the world map, and since the demo is almost over once you enter the world map I thought I would just add some random encounters with the enemies that I already created. The droprate will be much lower, and include different loot whatsoever. The new enemies will also be alot stronger, and suitable for 2 characters.

I have the same experience with random encounters, I usely get around them just fine in the start, but when you want to go somewhere fast, without having to fight.. those darn random encounters can be a pain in the ass. That's why I wanted to add a safe spot (the road), so the player can decide for themselves when they want to fight or not.

Hope you enjoyed the demo!  :)

Sweet! :) I'll try it out sometime and give you some feedback~

That would be sweet!  ;D
I will upload a fixed demo in awhile, but if you want to play through the current demo to report me some of those darn bugs, you could do that too ;)
In any case, I really hope you will like the demo!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 04:54:38 PM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 55
2013-02-04
New Updates added
*Check 'Most recent update' for further Information.

*Demo version 0.2 now available for download!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:03:12 PM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 57
RPG VX - Project Moonhunter
I have played the demo until just after you get to the world map.

You put a lot of effort into this so far already! Bravo on your work. The puzzles and objects you need to find are not too difficult to look for, and the battle system looks very smooth and I like the character animation there.

Story is quite chaotic at times, with gods/celestial beings popping up and galaxies flying by in the background. But the main characters are nicely fleshed out so far, and have legitimate reasons to wander off together, and to get to know each other. They are very likable, which makes for a more enjoyable game play experience.

The music complements the areas well, although it lacks a bit of, eh, adrenaline in battles.

I enjoyed your forest, as my game is all about forested areas. Yours is a neat different way to make a forest, and it works as well (although I kept trying to click on holes in the ground, hoping  for something to happen).

Love it so far!
My project:

Rep:
Level 55
I have played the demo until just after you get to the world map.

You put a lot of effort into this so far already! Bravo on your work. The puzzles and objects you need to find are not too difficult to look for, and the battle system looks very smooth and I like the character animation there.

Story is quite chaotic at times, with gods/celestial beings popping up and galaxies flying by in the background. But the main characters are nicely fleshed out so far, and have legitimate reasons to wander off together, and to get to know each other. They are very likable, which makes for a more enjoyable game play experience.

The music complements the areas well, although it lacks a bit of, eh, adrenaline in battles.

I enjoyed your forest, as my game is all about forested areas. Yours is a neat different way to make a forest, and it works as well (although I kept trying to click on holes in the ground, hoping  for something to happen).

Love it so far!

Thanks alot for trying it out!  :)
And thank you for the kind words! Do you think the objects are too easy to find, or is it ok in It's current state?

I can see what you mean with a bit 'chaotic' at times, but that scene with the ancient being has alot to do with Vincent, and the whole story.. It's just a bit confusing first (and I meant it to be), since I want to display what's going on inside Vincents head. I believe the chaotic feeling will dim away later on, when you get more answers though. I'm glad you think the characters are likable!, since I have done my best to show their personality.

About the adrenaline bit, do you mean in general or the boss battles? I have actually tried to find something that represents a feeling of danger or panic, but I havn't find a song that would suit what I want yet  :(

I'm glad you enjoyed the forest!, especially since your own game is all about forests in particular! Motivates me alot hearing stuff like that, so thank you! I will keep in mind what you said about the holes in the ground aswell, I might work something out of that!

What's your opinion about the new features by the way?, with the books that you find. Is it too much, or do you think it compliments well with the rest of the game?

Once again, thanks alot for trying it out! And if you want too, stay tuned for information about Chapter 1 :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:49:32 PM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 57
For the music: the normal battle theme lacks a certain amount of excitement. The atmosphere overall is a bit too relaxed. You will need something faster-paced, and your choice in atmosphere. You can go for something that is more cheerful, or something more serious, but it needs to be fuller and faster.

If you refer to the 'test' achievement book - that one is really nice, and makes you want to complete the goals. This will likely cause players to search through your game for completion more. I didn't really look at the bestiary book. I like reading little stories about enemies, and those aren't there; that's just a personal preference though.  :)
My project:

Rep:
Level 55
2013-02-10
New Updates added

*Let's play from Demo version 0.10, includes spoilers but you can take a glimpse from it to see the game in motion.

Spoiler for Let's play:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX5IS-QFZGg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX5IS-QFZGg</a>

Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 55
2013-02-17
New Updates added

Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Lol, a lever puzzle I'm gonna suck at that.xP Will you have a new demo when chapter 1 is done?
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Rep:
Level 55
Lol, a lever puzzle I'm gonna suck at that.xP Will you have a new demo when chapter 1 is done?

Yes, I will release a playable version of chapter 1 when It's done, and I'm thinking about releasing the game, chapter by chapter in the future. I don't think I will release a new demo version though, I might put up one with some small changes but that's all. I'm not sure if you will be able to play your old savefiles from version 0.10 when I release chapter 1 though, because I have added achievements and encyclopedia. I'm not sure yet though, so we'll see when Chapter 1 is soon to be released!  :)

The puzzle is not really that complicated to be honest.. It was way more complicated to work it out the way I wanted it too, when I created it haha. Alot of events, switches and variables to keep track on!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:36:32 PM by Dark_Metamorphosis »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 55
2013-03-07
Small Update

I havn't been able to work on the game for some time now, but now I'm sort of back in action!

At the moment, I'm working some on my second town and trying to implement light effects for some of my caves, and the earlier areas.

Any feedback on the thread, or the demo is still very welcome! It's a lot easier for me to change things if they are being brought to my attention! :D

A new Beta version (0.3) is soon to be released, so stay tuned!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:18:10 PM by Dark_Metamorphosis »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 55
Major Update:
[2013-03-28]

At the moment I'm working on implementing 2 new features for my game that both involves around the usage of Auras. My game is built quite a lot around these factors, and will play a big role in the game. I would appreciate some feedback on the features, and your opinions about them. Do they sound interesting? If so, please let me know! I will also ask for some suggestions about the topic further down in the post.

(Note that these are taken from my Instruction booklet that will come with the game).

Feature #1 - Personal abilities, decided by the stimulation of Auras:
Spoiler for Feature #1:
Destruction Auras:

Categorized in the red section of auras, and stimulates the Inner vital point of an individual. The destruction Aura represents the ability to control elemental forces such as fire and ice.

Mind Auras:

Categorized in the red section of auras, and stimulates the Inner vital point of an individual. The mind Aura represents the ability to control forces that will effect the mental and physcial state of the living.

Enlightenment Auras:

Categorized in the blue section of auras, and stimulates the outer-core vital point of an individual. The Enlightenment aura represents the ability to control forces that will have a positive effect on the wielders vital auras, and the ability to channel these to other individuals.

Resillience Auras:

Categorized in the blue section of auras, and stimulates the outer-core vital point of an individual. The Resillience aura represents the ability to control forces that will strengthen the vital aura and make objects (dead or living) more resilient.

Naturalistic Auras:

Categorized in the green section of auras and stimulates the Outer vital point of an individual. The naturalistc Aura represents the ability to control forces in cycle with nature itself.

Knowledge Auras:

Categorized in the green section of auras and stimulates the Outer vital point of an individual. This Aura has been technically manufactured and is the most recent Aura discovered to date. It represents the ability to control forces that will increase the learning curve in almost any subject, the practice of stimulating new auras is included.

Healing Auras:

Categorized in the white section of auras and stimulates the Core of an individual. The healing Aura represents
the ability to control forces with healing attributes.

Vital Auras:

Categorized in the white section of auras and stimulates the Core of an individual. Vital auras are not looked upon as a magical resource as the rest of the Auras in the world. It holds the most important factors, and have a big impact on the functionality of the vital system. It's the aura that seperates the personality of every individual and the growth of the individuals physicial state. There are people that was born with a genetic code that only stimulates the Vital Auras.   

Void Auras:

Categorized in the black section of auras and the stimulation of vital points is unknown. The void aura is an unknown force for the people of Aspicio, and can only be found in the legends of Serena. Not much is known about this aura, but according to ancient texts it was supposely banned from the world after the end of the first crisis. The void aura has been a big factor in the worshiping of the ancient civilization of Serena, and the Void itself, something that the religion of Serenivictus hold dear when it comes to their beliefs. Text and scrolls have reveleaed that void auras made it possible to use alien magic that could resort into teleportation, levitation, telekenesis and other abilities categorized under the banned void magic.

Feature #2 - Krytos Upgrade Mechanic:

Spoiler for Feature #2:
Krytos is a special magical resource that's used to enhance weaponry in different ways. The way it works:

Krytos resources are divided into 3 sub-categories:

- Fragments: (the simple one, the first type you will find.)
- Ores: (the normal one, the second type you will find.)
- Brimstones: (the complete one, the final type you will find.)

Different types of Krytos also holds different types of stimulation towards specific auras:

Red Krytos:

Destruction, and Mind Auras.

Blue Krytos:

Enlightenment, and Resillience Auras.

Green Krytos:

Naturalistic, and Knowledge Auras.

White Krytos:

Healing, and Vital Auras.

Black Krytos:

Void Auras (alien)

The krytos resources are mainly used by blacksmiths, and they are specialized in activating the chemical reactions to enhance weapons for the individual to use. Most blacksmiths has developed this ability through practice in the knowledge aura, and new and better ways to enhance the weapons are being found every year.

The process of an enhancement, is pretty simple but takes years of practice to master.

Step 1:
The main resources for an succesful enhancement is:

- Any type of a krytos resource (Any color, fragment, ore or Brimstone).

- A weapon that is able to absorb the energies from a chemical reaction.

Step 2:
- The outcome of the reaction will depend on the last person that interacted with the kryton
resource that will take part in the enhancement of the weapon.

- The blacksmith can read the outcome of the procces before actually crafting the blade, which is pleasant for their customers.

- The blacksmith will then use the forces from his/her knowledge Aura to force

a reaction to burst out from the krytos and let the weapon absorb it.

- The outcome will present a enchanted Krytonian weapon.

The first feature of Auras, will determine the class/role that the characters will play. For example,
Wiola has developed stimulation to Destruction auras and Healing auras. Later in the game the player will
come across chain quests for each character that will be able to unlock a stimulation for a third aura
(it can be new spells, and for some characters other neat out-of- combat-skills).
The 'enchanters' in my game (not named yet), will then have new spells that the player can unlock etc.

The second feature with the usage of Krytos will work more as a enchantment system but with a little tweak. The player will get a hold on krytos resources in various ways during the journey, and they can be used to enchant the weapons to the better. Each of the Krytos will take the characters auras into account, and give different buffs when crafted. The weapons of my game are categorized into tiers (Tier 1, 2,3 and Legendary). And there can be 2 different outcomes in the process of making a Krytorian weapon (depending on which aura you follow, as an example: in Wiolas case the choices would be Destruction (Red Krytos),and Healing (White krytos). This means that Wiola could enchant a weapon with any type of red Krytons or white,and depending on which you choose the buffs attached to the weapon will be different.

- Please note that the types of Krytos is only used for upgrading Tiers;
(A Tier 1 weapon needs fragments, Tier 2 needs Ore etc.)

So what is your opinion about these new features, and do you have any suggestions on how I would be able to
implement something like this in my game?  Please feel free to share, it would help me out tons!
An update to the thread will be up shortly, so stay tuned for more updates!

Until next time!

Signing out..

~Dark.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 11:40:51 PM by Dark_Metamorphosis »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 57
Sorry, haven't had much time as of late. I am dealing with various arrangements for my wedding (July 13th) so I've been kept busy. In any case, here'my 2 cents on your ideas:

The people of Apisico are born with a genetic code in their vital system, and this code decides the directions of the electrical pulses
One thing immediately came to mind: midichlorian count! George Lucas destroyed the mystique of The Force by explaining, in The Phantom Menace, that The Force are intelligent micro-organisms living in our cells. Counting the amount of midicholesterols could tell you if you were Jedi material. So -poof- gone was the mysteriousness, the magical. Explaining the magic behind your, eh, magic, can potentially destroy their essence. Think about the following: does this need to be explored? Will the game revolve around exploring individuals genetics, or genetic compatibility? If so, the setting would be quite modern, if not futuristic, with magic functioning widely through daily life. Remember - it wasn't until 1952 we were able to map DNA, and only around the 80's was it viable to use by the police for proving criminal activity.

eature #1 - Personal abilities, decided by the stimulation of Auras
This is a neat idea. Even without the explanation of Auras, this can be a core gameplay mechanic, as well as story driven. People with certain kinds of auras can be stereotyped, or fulfill roles other aura-bearers can't. You can play around a lot with this concept, and add depth to magic.

Feature #2 - Krytos Upgrade Mechanic
It is, indeed, an upgrade mechanic, and a good way to limit the player by making better resources available later on in the game. It seems like a natural way to link it to your weapon tiers, and making Krytorian weapons specific to the person's aura seems like a legitimate way to make logical magic-weapons.

As for your question - implementing it in your game - you have written it out yourself a little already. Auras have already been discovered and put to use; even blacksmiths are able to train in crafting weapons based on a person's aura. I find it neat that less-skilled blacksmiths can't predict the outcome of krytos weapons beforehand - which should lead to surprising magic abilities. I would even go as far as to say that you leave skilled blacksmiths out of this, as it'll stimulate the player more to experiment with different kinds of auras, weapons, and krytos. Making new weapons can become thrilling, as you never know what will be upgraded, gained, or lost. I would say that when the player explores the blacksmith in the first town, there's an option explaining it all to the player. Libraries or scholars can be the ones who better understand how auras work, as a simple adventurer would likely only know what powers he/she possesses - not how this really came to be.

All in all, these are fantastic building blocks for your game. I love upgrading swords and weapons - and have always found that NOT knowing beforehand makes it more intriguing. It also makes that one super-weapon you eventually gain all the more rewarding. Auras can also be a story-tool: factions of certain aura users who oppose each other, 'purist' aura users who only use one aura, power-hungry people who want to master all auras, and many more things can be possible. These are fun things to think of, and open a world of additional possibilities.

Go for it!
My project:

Rep:
Level 55
2013-04-14
New updates added!
Check Most Recent update here:

Major Update on Beta Version 0.3:

The release of the new demo (version 0.3) is soon here, and because of this you are no longer able to download version 0.2 anymore. This is due to the polished maps and the change of plotpoint that the new demo is released upon. I decided to disable the option to download the previous version to avoid any confusion about the plot change in the intro, and the unpolished maps that are available in 0.2.

The following changes in Version 0.3 are the following:

• Polished maps with new areas.
  • Change in plot point
  • Changed Intro and opening scene.
  • New skills, Enemies and Items.
  • A new added Npc
  • New names for some of the locations.
  • New conversations and new events.
  • Fixed the issue with the battlebacks having the wrong resolution.
  • The skill Battle Cry should now work as intended.
  • Fixed a bug where the enemies wouldn't attack the player after entering the Uncharted Grounds (aka Secret Cave in version 0.2)
  • Bug fixed where you can't enter Pluvia after rescuing Wiola.
  • The player will now be able to try out Wiola in battle before the demo ends.

The new demo will be released somewhere between the 4th and 5th of May!

Stay tuned for more updates!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:54:55 PM by Dark_Metamorphosis »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 55
2013-05-04
New Updates Added

The new Beta Version 0.3 is now available for download!

Comments and feedback on the new demo is much appreciated.

Stay Tuned!
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 57
Am downloading it now. Considering your previous demo was very interesting, I am looking forward to playing it! I'll let you know within a few days what I think of it.
My project:

Rep:
Level 55
Am downloading it now. Considering your previous demo was very interesting, I am looking forward to playing it! I'll let you know within a few days what I think of it.

That's great to hear! :)

I would suggest you to read the change log for the new version (If you havn't already) since the new demo can be a bit confusing otherwise (especially if you have played version 0.2). It's reply #62 in this thread.

I have to apologize for being a bit slow as well, and I will come back to you with a reply on the new features that I'm working on. I also promised to come back to you once I picked up Legend of the moonhunter again, but I have been kinda busy.. but don't worry, I have not forgotten about it! I assure you! :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:55:58 PM by Dark_Metamorphosis »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 57
That's great to hear!

I would suggest you to read the change log for the new version (If you havn't already) since the new demo can be a bit confusing otherwise (especially if you have played version 0.2). It's reply #62 in this thread.

I read it, and now that I've played it, let me give you my (elaborate) impression. Spoilers!
Spoiler for:
Step-by-step thought process:
01. was the intro always that serene and beautiful? Love the piano music. Nicely told creation myth, too.
02. Still the funn dwarves MINERS standing around doing nothing in the intro, hehe.
03. Ah, a better incentive to explore the forest: heal your fellow soldiers! Wait - I can't dash with shift?
04. Wow, is this the same forest? I don't remember the atmosphere and lighting to be this... awesome.
05. battles are still awesome. Battle Cry for the win!
06. Hunk! Why do you live in an old grave, you silly old man.
07. Ooh, I definitely don't remember such a dark Uncharted Grounds. Aah! The ghosts move now!
08. Treasure....gold....trasure... armour!
09. Somehow, this second time I play it, the impeding darkness of that guy's grave (zeyphyr? Zeyrmed.dsm..something?) is more striking now.
10. Love the new sprite for the mythical old man/god/deity. Works much better this way.
11. Yea! I can pull switches with my mind now.  8)
12. Better ask Hunk for permission to cut the tree.
13. Ha! You wrote that into the story! I can ask permission! Yoink, that treasure is mine. Poison ring? Where were you when I needed you before!
14. Wiola, don't be scared. I'm only a powerful mysterious man with a huge sword hiding behind the shrubs.
15. Did you increase the soldiers' and captain's difficulty? What a challenge now!
16. N-no, I don't want you to see me naked...
17. Fire! I remember this. And such a heartwarming way to team up after.
18. Love the overworld theme. Wish it would loop better.
19. Nice town! N-no! Demo, don't end! I want to walk around the town!
20. I want to keep playing!

Demo 1.2 vs 1.3
My goodness, you were not kidding about the overhaul of the demo. Specifically the forest and Uncharted Grounds look gorgeous, and simply breathe atmosphere. I had to get used not being able to dash, as I love doing that in my game (and various others). In terms of story and mystique, you have added a lot of intriguing details and lore. The confusion and chaos is gone, and is, instead, replaced with a certain 'mythos'. I found various items in barrels and boxes, so those are nice additions as well. Hunk is a marvelous addition, just a bit silly he lives inside a grave, and doesn't have his own little cabin or so. The start of Vincent's quest, with the soldiers, gives you an immediate purpose and establishes his personality very well, too. From the get-go he is a likable main character, looking to help his fellow soldiers.

I suppose the biggest change, for me, is the atmosphere. I was looking forward to it, and instead of having a nice time, I got completely absorbed into the story. Battles are, still, very impressive, and the animations and sprites of the characters in fights are amazingly done. Skills look especially good, and I wonder how you did that, or what battle script you use.

The two characters, Vincent and Wiola, nicely hint to each other being special, which I think was there last time too. The little touch after you save Wiola from the fire (where she waits a little then mentions your name to thank you) is perfectly timed, and promises for a great friendship (romance?) to grow in-game. Gladly you spent a lot of time on them last demo as well!

There are still quite some spelling and/or grammatical mistakes here and there, of which I won't go into detail. They aren't bad enough to distract me from playing, and chances are you'll be on top of it anyway.

I mean it when I say I didn't want to stop playing. I understand this will be a massive project, taking long to complete, but I will gladly follow your progress and give feedback. With a 1:45 hours demo done, I wonder what I should do next. Steadily keep working on my game, I suppose.
All in all, a great demo, of a game with an "it-sucks-you-in" atmosphere. Your work from 1.2 to 1.3 has vastly improved the experience, leaving me hungry for more.
My project:

Rep:
Level 55
I read it, and now that I've played it, let me give you my (elaborate) impression. Spoilers!
Spoiler for:
Step-by-step thought process:
01. was the intro always that serene and beautiful? Love the piano music. Nicely told creation myth, too.
02. Still the funn dwarves MINERS standing around doing nothing in the intro, hehe.
03. Ah, a better incentive to explore the forest: heal your fellow soldiers! Wait - I can't dash with shift?
04. Wow, is this the same forest? I don't remember the atmosphere and lighting to be this... awesome.
05. battles are still awesome. Battle Cry for the win!
06. Hunk! Why do you live in an old grave, you silly old man.
07. Ooh, I definitely don't remember such a dark Uncharted Grounds. Aah! The ghosts move now!
08. Treasure....gold....trasure... armour!
09. Somehow, this second time I play it, the impeding darkness of that guy's grave (zeyphyr? Zeyrmed.dsm..something?) is more striking now.
10. Love the new sprite for the mythical old man/god/deity. Works much better this way.
11. Yea! I can pull switches with my mind now.  8)
12. Better ask Hunk for permission to cut the tree.
13. Ha! You wrote that into the story! I can ask permission! Yoink, that treasure is mine. Poison ring? Where were you when I needed you before!
14. Wiola, don't be scared. I'm only a powerful mysterious man with a huge sword hiding behind the shrubs.
15. Did you increase the soldiers' and captain's difficulty? What a challenge now!
16. N-no, I don't want you to see me naked...
17. Fire! I remember this. And such a heartwarming way to team up after.
18. Love the overworld theme. Wish it would loop better.
19. Nice town! N-no! Demo, don't end! I want to walk around the town!
20. I want to keep playing!

Demo 1.2 vs 1.3
My goodness, you were not kidding about the overhaul of the demo. Specifically the forest and Uncharted Grounds look gorgeous, and simply breathe atmosphere. I had to get used not being able to dash, as I love doing that in my game (and various others). In terms of story and mystique, you have added a lot of intriguing details and lore. The confusion and chaos is gone, and is, instead, replaced with a certain 'mythos'. I found various items in barrels and boxes, so those are nice additions as well. Hunk is a marvelous addition, just a bit silly he lives inside a grave, and doesn't have his own little cabin or so. The start of Vincent's quest, with the soldiers, gives you an immediate purpose and establishes his personality very well, too. From the get-go he is a likable main character, looking to help his fellow soldiers.

I suppose the biggest change, for me, is the atmosphere. I was looking forward to it, and instead of having a nice time, I got completely absorbed into the story. Battles are, still, very impressive, and the animations and sprites of the characters in fights are amazingly done. Skills look especially good, and I wonder how you did that, or what battle script you use.

The two characters, Vincent and Wiola, nicely hint to each other being special, which I think was there last time too. The little touch after you save Wiola from the fire (where she waits a little then mentions your name to thank you) is perfectly timed, and promises for a great friendship (romance?) to grow in-game. Gladly you spent a lot of time on them last demo as well!

There are still quite some spelling and/or grammatical mistakes here and there, of which I won't go into detail. They aren't bad enough to distract me from playing, and chances are you'll be on top of it anyway.

I mean it when I say I didn't want to stop playing. I understand this will be a massive project, taking long to complete, but I will gladly follow your progress and give feedback. With a 1:45 hours demo done, I wonder what I should do next. Steadily keep working on my game, I suppose.
All in all, a great demo, of a game with an "it-sucks-you-in" atmosphere. Your work from 1.2 to 1.3 has vastly improved the experience, leaving me hungry for more.

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback! I'm very happy that the new version has improved the experience to the better, since that's what I wanted it to do. I tried to replace and add the things that I thought were lacking in the previous version, and which frankly didn't work so well. It's nice to see that It's noticable! :)

Some thoughts on your Impressions:
Spoiler for:
1.The intro has been changed a bit, and the sort of mythical legend is presented differently.
2. That's something I could work on, adding some movement to them wouldn't hurt. (It's supposed to look like they are harvesting for ore, due to the 'sparkles' on the veins.)
3. I'm planning to add a item that will allow you to sprint (That you will recieve inside town of Duke). I'm not sure if this is possible to implement yet though, but that's mainly the reason why the shift is not working in the demo so far.
4. Nope, It's not the forgotten forest anymore! haha! I'm glad you like the new Forest of Pluvia, since I reworked it quite a bit.
5. Nice to see that Battle Cry is working as it should now, and that It's useful. (I might lower the TP needed to 20-22 though, thoughts on that?)
6. He's silly indeed! Odd old man..
7. Uncharted Grounds have been reworked a bit too, mainly the darkness, new items, the possibility to lower those darn spikes and being able to jump off the ledges.
9. I assume you mean Zetya (weird name I know.) Glad you find it more striking though :)
11. Yeah! Telekenesis hand of doom! (Or maybe Chaos?.. but still!)
13. Yes you can, and I find it funny that you thought about it before it was revealed to you haha! Yeah, it sure could be useful inside UC, but hopefully it will be useful from this point too (It will.)
15. Yes, I reworked that quite a bit and made it possible for the soldiers to buff and heal Hank as well. Some more strategic approach is needed for the fight now, and it can end up pretty challenging.
18. Will see what I can do about the loop for sure! :)
19. I hope you will be able too in a somewhat near future :(
20. Those words are the most rewarding to hear, period. Feels nice that you felt eager to keep playing! I'm so happy about that, thank you.

Differences in versions:

I'm glad that the overhauling is noticable, and I was a bit scared that the people who have played version 0.2
would think that the changes are barely there. My biggest goal with repolishing the demo was to add a bit more atmosphere to the maps, and to sort out the plot and the myth of the world. I tried to make it a bit more understandable and interesting, instead of it being all over the place (refer to the Chaos as you mentioned).
I'm glad you find Hunk to be a nice addition, since I thought it would break the 'lonesome wanderer' effect a bit, and give the player some rewards for the overall cutscenes with Hunk. I agree that the 'living in a grave' part can be quite silly and fishy.. I guess I went a bit too far with Hunk's personality (He's very close to Serena and can speak the ancient language, and well he's quite an odd and silly old man overall.) I might have a look at that and change it to a odd cabin instead (somehow).

I'm very glad that the atmosphere and the story is interesting, and it's truly lovely to hear that you got absorbed into it! Hopefully I'm taking it in a better direction now :)
The animations for the battles are done with a script, and they need to be coded with different script commands (I'm pretty new to it so I'm doing my best to make it look okay, and it can be quite hard and time-consuming, but It's really funny too). 

It's nice to hear that there are moments that reflect upon a stronger friendship between Wiola and Vincent, because that's what I wanted it to look like. Friendship and love will have a strong part in the overall story, and there will be some room for romance as well (with a bit of drama of course). Wiolas personality will have a big impact on the friendship between them though, and It's a specific event that will build the friendship between them a lot.

The grammar.. oh the grammar. I just wish I could stop the grammar errors from appearing, but since it seems like a part of me, It's not much I can do about it. I usually tesplay a lot but seems like there are some errors that I miss. I do have some reports of grammar errors for the new version, and they have been fixed. So a new file will be uploaded with those changes soon. I hope that they will be completely gone some time around, and as long as I keep changing them it will be for the better.

It will indeed take a long time to complete, but since I have most parts covered now it will make it easier to work on the content. The first months of my project was spent to learn the engine, and get the resources for everything (which took me a lot of time). The only thing I need now is to implement my new features with the skill-system and the Krytos upgrade system. Once I have that down, I will have everything ready to complete the remaining content of Chapter 1.

Once again, thanks a lot for the feedback and It's awesome to hear that you are hungry for more! Gives me tons of motivation to keep working on the project!
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 55
Major update added!
2013-05-18

A new demo that will illustrate the functions of two of my features are now available for download! Feel free to download,and play it as any feedback or thoughts about the features would be insanely valuable to me! Further down you can read some information about the demo: (Taken from the readme file).

Skill system with Boosters:

A system that will teach the party new skills, and upgrade them to higher tiers. The skill system takes the auras and the vital-systems of the actor into consideration, and specific resources are needed for different stimulation of auras.

Krytonian Upgrade system:

This is a system that will let the party upgrade their weaponry into unique versions of them called 'Krytonian weapons'.  This is a skill used by the blacksmiths of the world of Aspicio, and the way it works is that they scan the vital-systems of their customers in order to write down all the information of the unique and individual weapons that they can currently craft. In order to upgrade a weapon the blacksmith needs the proper magical resources for the weapon in question. Fragments, ores, and Gemstones of Krytos upgrades different Tier weapons, and older versions of krytonian Tier weapons are needed in order to upgrade the next tier.

To Download and test the features please click here:

Like I said earlier, any thoughts on the features would be very valuable to me! And I hope you will enjoy the demonstration!

Sincerely
~ Dark.
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 57
I have played the tech-demo yesterday evening. Well - was more like midnight, so I went to bed afterwards.

First of all: the aura and booster system is a bit tricky to fully comprehend, but fortunately any requirements for skills are mentioned. Making various 'crystals' for those auras/vital systems seems like changing the alignment of the character. It would be really impressive if this would change the chara's overall skills (meaning, only the skills from one colour aura can be used at one time), and if characters can then learn how to switch between auras independently... but granted, that would be a lot of work and scripting.

The upgrade system for weapons is simpler, where you use your old weapon with a new (upgraded tier) weapon to create more powerful outcomes. This is neat, and I love weapon upgrading in games. I look forward to its implementation in your main game. I understand how you say weapons will be uniquely upgraded per person - but this can only be applied if every character can use the same kind of weapons. Otherwise mentioning its uniqueness is redundant: weapons types (swords for one, staffs for another) are always unique to that person. Or was it that weapons are unique depending on the aura? That would be interesting...

In any case, I think tinkering with skills and weapons will be a great addition to the game.
My project:

Rep:
Level 55
Update:
2013-08-27

Been some updates on the game-logo and Title-screen.

A new support bar is also available, so feel free to use it:

Beta Version 0.4 is now released, and down below is an update log for it:

Update log for Version 0.4

-  Changed title screen -
-  New music -
-  Updated Status screens -
-  Implemented travel system -
-  New Items -
-  Item Indication -
-  Other maps have been polished -
-  Updated quest system -
-  Sneak peak on the new weapon and skill systems (a long with sneak peaks on some of the Tier 2 skills)
-  First choise quest available -
-  System Options added -
-  Save points have been removed and been replaced with the possibility to Save everywhere -

Stay tuned!

As always, Best regards!

~Dark
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 55
Update:
2013-09-18

Been working a lot on new areas for my game and thought I could share about an area in my game where the characters have to swim.

The area will be interactable, and the goal for the player is to drain different areas from water in order to advance forward, or refill it again in order to reach areas that can't be reached without the water being raised etc, etc. The out-of-combat skills will also have a big impact in reaching areas in this dungeon, and there will be plenty of events where the other characters have to stay behind, and leave it to the actor that can progress at that specifc time.

So will share some very early pictures on how it will look like:

Area filled with water, and actor has to swim:

The swim graphics is something that I could work on (It has no animation when the actor is swimming, and no graphic around the character that really indicates that he's in the water) but I am not really sure how I would work around that, so this is how it looks like at the moment. If you have any tips on how I could polish this up feel free to share! Also, any feedback on the idea. or the graphic of the characters when they are swimming, would be very valuable to me! [:)]

Same area when water has been drained:

This is in a really early stage, but thought I could share what I'm working with at the moment.

As always, stay tuned!

Best Regards

~Dark.
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep: +0/-0Level 40

Looks Great :D
But there is just one thing...
This might just be a mapping pet-peeve of mine but on the water sections I like to do the "shift-click routine" for around cliffs or islands in the middle of the water, like so:

(Little rule of thumb: However many spaces the top portion of your island is, is the same amount of spaces as the water should go behind to.)
(PS. If you did this, then I apologize, It just seems that way as the waves are hitting the top of the island)

Rep:
Level 55
@Rekios

That's a valid point! I usually shift click like that overall, but I'm pretty unsure when it comes to 'blocks of land' that's partly under water like this. When you talk about the 'rule of thumb' do you mean the amount of tiles that's visible of the platform? Like for example, if the surface of the island is 3 tiles upwards the water would only flow 3 tiles up as well and then flow behind that point?

Since a part of the island is under water I happen to get a bit unsure on how I would shift click around this to make it consistent. Do you think it would look better if I removed the 'water flow' around the edges located to the left of the screen as well?

I do think that It's very obvious when you can see the platform that the 'cliff' is standing on (like in your picture), but I tend to get a bit unsure when you can't see that platform.
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
Exactly!, But I was more or less looking at the small island in the center of the screen. I think that it would be more clear that it was protruding from the water like so:

( sorry for poor and speedy shop skills)
opposed to this:

Then again, it's just a thought and other than that your game looks outstanding!, Can't wait for a demo! :lol: