RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
NoFightFriendMenu1.0

Rep:
Level 75
What the...?
NO FIGHT FRIEND MENU 1.0a
By: Ixfuru

INTRODUCTION
Ever wanted to make a game without all the fighting?   Tired of seeing all those parameters for attacking and such?   Well, this may be the script for you.  But don't let that fool you.  This script also adds a friendship system and a makeshift journal to your project.   This script has many features and offers an abundance of customization options so that you can set it up exactly how you see fit. 

FEATURES
-ability to remove ALL or none of the default menu options.
-ability to keep BOTH menus, if you want them. 
-complete friends system with friendship ratings
-biography page on the lead actor
-journal-esque scene, where friends tell you exactly what they're looking for
-choice of colors, SE and windowskins
-choice of displaying friends faces OR portraits
-script calls allowing you to change journal scene information
-script calls to change and check for specific friends
-and lots more!

DIRECTIONS
Install the script by taking it from PASTEBIN below.  (Sorry, no demo yet.  But I'm working on it!)
Copy and paste the script in your project's Script Editor, below Materials and above Main.
You will require the minimum of Modern Algebra's Paragraph Formatter script found here:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25129.0.html

If you choose to use the windowskin I included in the demo, you can find it here:
Spoiler for:
and more of their work here:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,43683.0.html

If you want the portraits that came with this script, they're here:
Spoiler for:

I would advise going here for all your portrait, RTP requirements:

http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=user&user=62&op=view_album&album=1&sort_key=idate&order_key=DESC&prune_key=*&st=50

If you want the portraits that came with this script, they're here:
Spoiler for:

I would advise going here for all your portrait, RTP requirements:

http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=user&user=62&op=view_album&album=1&sort_key=idate&order_key=DESC&prune_key=*&st=50

This script can be intimidating to the newb.  So, I added over two-hundred lines of comments to accompany the customization options.   The first thing you'll want is to know how you can change the menu options.  For this, scroll down to section 5, and change the options you don't want to false.  Then, you'll probably want to fix the size of your window.  Though, I placed now customization options for this, it's easy to do.  Just scroll down to line 750, or nearbouts!  I placed a BIG group of "#" signs there to show you exactly what you need to change.  I also left some instructions.  It's one number, that's it.

Everything else in the script will just require you to work with it.  I'll post the demo soon and I'm sure that will help more.

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler for:

This image shows the menu with ALL the default menu options and some color variations.
Note the windowskin.

Here's the script in action with only a few options in the menu.

And lastly, the menu with ALL default options removed.

Now here's a shot in the Bio page.  I'll be expanding this soon.

Here's one of the friend scene.  You can omit the portraits if you want and just use faces.  But the portrais
are way cooler, if you ask me.  You will also see the meter, which has customizable colors.  I also want
to note the little window at the bottom called the StorylineCommands window.  This window grants
access to the last part of the script.  The Storyline page.  This can be removed in the customization
options if you don't want to use it.  But the system adds a functional journal system to your game.

This is a picture from the journal scene.  I may expand this later, but for now, it serves the purpose of
letting you do as you wish.  This doesn't just offer insight into who the friend is, but accomplishes a way
of altering what they may be searching for or requesting throughout the game.

CREDITS
First off, I would have never wrote this script had it not been for Tigergirl 7707.  Once I started it, I just sort of
went crazy with it.  But anyway, she has to have some credit for this. 
ModernAlgebra deserves a lot of credit because the system's pages wouldn't be fully-functional without his
Paragraph Formatter script.
Also, Liberty.  Because I used the said artist's windowskin herein.
And Enterbrain, for their portraits and just all around awesome program.

PERMISSIONS
I grant whoever wants this for their non-commercial use project to have it free of charge, under two conditions:
1) You will credit me (IXFURU) and anyone else, who has work appearing in your project in accordance to this script.
2)  That you do not distribute this or otherwise use it for personal gain.  (12/16/12)

If you want to use it for Commercial work.  You'll just need to PM me or contact me somehow on this forum so that we can discuss it.

THE SCRIPT

Sorry.  No Demo just yet.  I'm working on it.

For now, here's a link to the script:

http://pastebin.com/H7ujtqXU

OTHER STUFF
Just enjoy the script and let me see what kind of things you're doing with it.  If you require help, I'll be sure to offer as much as I can.  Just post the error/problem
here in this thread, or PM me with the problem.  I'll do what I can.  Comments and Feedback are ALWAYS welcome.  Thanks.  And again.  Enjoy.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:42:47 PM by IXFURU »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
That is...so cute! :gracie:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
No... Fighting???

Seriously, what a cool idea. Really opens up a lot of possibilities.

Rep:
Level 75
What the...?
You can still fight.  But this was designed for someone who wanted the ability to remove a lot of the menu items and all the displayed parameters and HP, MP and such.  I figured I would give the capability to take all that stuff out, yet allow people to keep those options if they wanted to. 

Thanks for the interest, guys.