RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Zoomed Look!!

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
RMRK Junior
Hello RMRK community, I was wondering, can any of you wonderful guys/gals out there make a script to where the game is viewed to give the player a better view of everything such as a 1:2 ratio view? I'm asking this of you guys/gals because whenever I'm in the overworld map, it seems as if though the view is very limited. Just a nice little zoomed out look should suffice perfectly!

I've tried this demo right here:
http://www.rgss-factory.net/ace-map-zoom-ace-zoom-de-la-carte/

And I don't like how you have to press F8 to view a 1:2 ratio. It should be automatic from the start.

Thanks in advance you guys!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Are you aware that with that script, you can just use the following code in a script call:

Code: [Select]
MGC.map_zoom = 0.5

And that will instantly change the zoom. You could put that as a parallel process event in your overworld, and then change it back whenever you go to a new map (you would change it back by setting it to 1).

The F5-F8 stuff was just added by the creator for testing purposes. You are supposed to delete the whole "TEST - à ne pas reprendre" if you are using it in a game.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:32:04 AM by modern algebra »

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
RMRK Junior
Alright, well it worked, the only problem is that it conflicts with one of the other scripts that allow for custom damage pop-ups during battle. When the ZOOM script is active, the damage pop-ups appear scrunched up in the top-right corner of the screen when battling. Is there a way to just show more of the map while keeping the 1:1 ratio view?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yes, the code Graphics.resize(640, 480) will change the resolution. However, you will need a script if you want to correspondingly change the size of scenes or to increase the resolution beyond that. Try doing a search for Screen Resolution scripts. I know there are a couple out there.