RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] FFIV World Teleport System

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
<World Teleport System while in the Airship>
<12/12/12>

Summary
<<In FFIV, it was possible to travel between worlds by "landing" your airship on a certain part of the map. For instance: one could travel from the typical "overworld" map
to the "underworld" map
by landing the airship in a hole in the overworld. Once the Lunar Whale Ship was obtained, one could travel to the from the "overworld" to the "moon"

I would like a script that would enable the game creator to designate an area (or multiple areas) on the map where the airship could choose to go to another world map.
>>

Features Desired
  • Travel from one world to another while riding the airship
  • Memorize airship location and return to it when you come back from a world
  • Enable user to set a tile (or tiles) as a place where the airship could "travel up" or "travel down."
  • Show a short scene where the airship "travels" (instead of a quick teleport)

Games its been in
  • In FFIV you could travel from world to world by landing your airship in a certain area. You could also press a button and be given the choice to "travel up" to the moon. Once on the moon you could travel back to the overworld

Did you search?
<<Yes>>

Where did you search?

What did you search for?
  • RPG Maker VXA Vehicle Scripts
  • RPG Maker VXA World Teleport Script

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
*vrooooom!!*
Only thing I can suggest is to use events.
I only have knowledge for events in RMXP, but I'll explain my theory on how to do this for RMXP.
Maybe you can recreate it using VXA.
Since RMXP doesn't have vehicles, I use simple character swaps. I swap the character model to a smaller version, and when they reach the airship, they change graphic and have a higher movement speed on that map.

The correct landing spot is like a 2x2 section of grid.
Place events in those spots that Sets a variable to 1. (Let's call that Variable "V-1")
Around that 2x2 of events, place a bordering box of events, and have them Set "V-1" to 0.

The next part gets confusing to explain, so I'll post a picture. :>

EDIT: I forgot to set the trigger to Parallel, and add a condition switch.

I hope this was helpful to you at all.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:54:42 PM by Maytag »
Currently looking for help with some HUD scripts!
Any advice is welcome!
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,47471.0.html

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Thanks for the advice! I attempted this with events first, but my dull mind couldn't accomplish it. I'll try again with your method here.

Thanks again.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
*vrooooom!!*
Let me know how it goes, I can assist you further if necessary. :>
Currently looking for help with some HUD scripts!
Any advice is welcome!
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,47471.0.html