RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Random, unprovoked error appeared!

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
Okay, so I was just making my game, doin some stuff when suddenly... ERROR.  I have no idea why. One minute everything works fine and dandy. The next, I'm getting an error after the battles aftermath. This is the error I'm getting:

Script 'Game_Actor' line 527:NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'points' for #<Game_Actor:0x36424a0>

And the line of code in question says this:

$game_actors[@actor_id].points += ((@level/5).floor+2).floor*difference

The only thing that I've done since this started happening was replacing my outdated version of the YEM Victory Aftermath script with a new version. Find it here, if you need to look at it: http://pastebin.com/bqktktX9

Otherwise, I'm at a complete loss as to what could have caused this. I've removed the new script, and tried continuing like that, but no dice. It came with the same error. I don't think it's a compatibility issue, seeing as how I took out the script that I suspect caused it, and it has nothing to do with starting a new game as opposed to continuing a file, because the issue only happens after battles, including the test battles from the Troops tab in the F9 menu. I'm using VX. Thank you for your help.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Line 527 of Game_Actor should read
Code: [Select]
    while @exp < @exp_list[@level]
The line in your post doesn't even exist anywhere in Game_Actor or the YEM script... I think you've botched your Game_Actor script or something somehow. I dunno.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
Alright, so I replaced the Game_Actors with a fresh one, and it still turned up the same error. However, I was testing random everythings, and I found out that it only errors when characters level up. That could be a nice bit of information to know

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Game_Actor and Game_Actors are different things. So, like, make sure you did the thing that was the right thing instead of the thing that was the wrong thing, because that would be the wrong thing to do.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
It was Actor, sorry. Didn't notice there was one of each, but I did copy over the correct one,

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
OK, well were you at one time using Lettuce's Stat Distribution System, and did you specifically edited Game_Actor to add those points pursuant to Lettuce's instructions?

My guess is that you removed that script at some point, and you forgot to delete that line. If that's true, just delete that line and it should be fixed. Alternately, you perhaps copied the Game_Actor script from a project that did use it? Either way, if you are not using Lettuce's Stat Distribution System, then you should delete that line.

From the information provided, that is my best guess.

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
Yeah, actually, I did use that script at one point, but I removed it since it was redundant with another one that I decided to use. I wasn't having any issue, though, until I updated my Victory Aftermath script. However, even after I removed the new script, and replaced the Game_Actor script with one from a fresh project, it still came up erroneous with the same line as the culprit. Which baffled me even more. I tried looking for the same version of the script I had before updating, hoping that would fix the error, but the link in the database was from the old pockethouse website, which is now broken. And every source online seems to have updated to the new version as well. I don't know the version number, but it was around 2009 that the update log was dated.   Funny thing, I decided to check again just to make sure I wasn't wasting time, and it turns out that when it came back with an error after I replaced the Game_Actor, for some reason the line found a way to weasel its way back in. I replaced it again, saved the project about ten times, and tried it again, and it worked. You guys save my ass more times than I can count. Thank you both.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The reason it might have started happening once you got the new victory aftermath script might be that the old one overwrote the gain_exp method of Game_Actor. Alternately, it might just be that you had not gained a level between the time you first removed the Stat Distribution Script.

Anyway, I am glad it is now working for you!