RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Story-Entwined Status Screen

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Story-Entwined Status Screen
Version: 1.0
Author: DiamondandPlatinum3
Date: December 8, 2012

Planned Future Versions
  • You tell me :)

Description

This script overhals the default status screen and replaces it with a fully customisable system that allows you to modify actor descriptions, names,  font colours, side images and background textures to be used to show how much devleopment your characters have gone through throughout your game.

Features

• Grants you the ability to use full names without needing to have them on display during battle and on the menu, also allows you to hide their first/last name until you actually learn what it is during the game, doesn't affect the database
  • Fades in & out background textures representing your characters, gives some nice effects if used well
  • Allows you to specify different font colours per character
  • Allows you to change actor descriptions at anytime.

Screenshots

Spoiler for:
Here you can see the screen fading in and out two seperate textures

Instructions

• Instructions are inside of the Script

Script

Get it from here

Credit

• DiamondandPlatinum3

Thanks

• Galv - No special reason, just wanted to put him on the thanks list

Support

Post in this thread or PM me.

Known Compatibility Issues
I am unaware of any scripts it doesn't work with; if you find any, post in this thread.

Demo

Once you've used the functions successfully the first time, this script will be easy to use, I don't see a demo being necessary for this. 

Author's Notes

Ugh! Hitting cancel on the RPGMaker IDE after a few hours of programming, feels bad man :(

Terms of Use

You may find my Terms of Use Here.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 08:04:34 PM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
O_O Looks great! Keep up the good work!

Rep:
Level 82
This is a pretty nice concept. It's similar to how some bestiary scripts and systems work by growing in content as you come across different information about the same particular thing, in this case the actors.

I won't comment on the choice of colours for those screenshots. I get that it's a demonstration of its customisation potential (although it really is hard on the eyes).
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Thanks you two :)
I agree on the colours, I just used rand(255) on them and posted the results ^-^
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior - - Cute Pegasus Pony
It doesn't work.
---

Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Rep:
Level 82
In what way doesn't it work? Can't really help you if we don't know what's wrong.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
This is one of those scripts where you'll have to start a new game. That's probably the problem.