RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX REQUEST] A better steal skill!

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
A Steal skill that isn't insanely hard to use!
12/6/2012

Summary
Alright, so I know that there's the KGC Steal script floating around out there, but all the links to the original script are broken, and copying it in without the original gives syntax errors. Even if it was able to work, there's really not too much help out there for showing people how to use it. My request is a simple steal skill. I am using Tankentai, if that makes a difference. It doesn't need to be fancy, just a % chance to steal an item ID.

Features Desired
  • Easy to configure options
  • % based rates on items/weapons/armor
  • a 3 message system of "you stole, you didn't steal, there's nothing to steal"

Mockups
There's really no needed visual anything. I can make the attack animations myself.

Games its been in
  • Pretty much every RPG ever.

Did you search?
Yes

Where did you search?
  • RMRK.net
  • Google.com
  • RpgRevolution.com
  • rpgmakervx.net

What did you search for?
  • KGC Steal help
  • RPGVX Steal Skill
  • RPG MAKER VX Steal script

Any time given to this project would be extremely appreciated.

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
I've never had a problem with KGC steal.

Also, Yanfly Engine Melody + GB Production's BEM addons + KGC steal works flawlessly.

But you're probably going to stick with Tankentai (can't understand why, though. It's unwieldy and I've never seen anyone do anything interesting with it, so either its limited to what you get, or people just aren't being that creative with the tool).

Again, if you ever think about dropping Tankentai, the YEM/GB Productions/KGC steal
 combo works without a hitch. Not to mention that YEM is a billion times more flexible than Tankentai. Neither Yanfly or Yami are supporting it anymore, but I've managed to fix every bug I've come across myself so far (and add a few new features for my game, easy since Yanfly's coding is organized I can find what I need/learn from his genius).

If you want help with KGC steal, I can answer any questions/give you a working script. If you're getting errors, it might not be the script's fault, but a compatibility issue (probably with Tankentai, I hear its not very friendly with other scripts).

I support:

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
I appreciate the quick response. Really, the only reason I'm using Tankentai is because I really dislike the frontview default that comes with VX. I really prefer side view. If I was any better at using scripts, I would have already switched out for the Melody engine in a heartbeat, but it seems a little over my head. I'm not really opposed to using the KGC Steal, either, it's just that it needs so many work arounds to be compatible with Tankentai that it's not even funny, and in the actual script itself, it doesn't show you how to configure it with tags or anything.  I would ditch Tankentai in a heartbeat if I could find another SBS with ATB built in that isn't complicated to use.

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
Alright, I decided I'm going to try out the Battle engine Melody. I appreciate your offer to help, and I might take you up on it since I'm reading through it, and it's a little difficult to understand right now. Although I've seen some cool stuff with Tankentai, right now it seems extremely limited to the average user, and not user friendly at all.

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Newbie

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Just PM me if you have any questions. I'm learning the system myself. It is complicated, but really flexible. I've even managed to add my own touches to the system, so, I'm pretty good with it, I think.

I support: