RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help Window for Choices

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Help Window for Choices
Version: 1.0
Author: DiamondandPlatinum3
Date: December 4, 2012

Planned Future Versions

• You tell me :)
Description

This script adds on to the default choice system, allowing you to have a help window at the top of the screen to assist players in the choices they have to make.

Features

• Shows a help window for selectable choices, you can give a bit more information to the player about what they're choosing between.
  • Will not display a help window if there is nothing to display, this means that you only have to worry about the help window appearing if you put data into it, maybe you have more important choices for the player to make :zwink:

Screenshots

Spoiler for:

Instructions

• Instructions are inside of the Script

Script

Get it from here

Credit

• DiamondandPlatinum3

Thanks

Support

Post in this thread or PM me.

Known Compatibility Issues
I am unaware of any scripts it doesn't work with; if you find any, post in this thread.

Demo

A demo is unnecessary for a script such as this.

Author's Notes

I sometimes fall asleep to the StickerBrush Symphony :V it's so peaceful

Terms of Use

If you can find a use for it, this script is free to use in non-commercial games. If you want to use this script in a commercial game, please understand that I expect a free copy (that's means you PM me and let me know that you plan on using it for a commercial game).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:17:50 PM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Updated this script, I recommend anyone who is using it to get the latest version.
I overlooked the fact that I didn't alias a method in the original one and this could potentially cause incompatibilities with others scripts.
Also whenever a choice window never had any help text associated with it, it would briefly appear then disappear really quickly... Just quick enough not to be annoying but slow enough for it to be noticable. I couldn't really fix that since that has to do with the hidden window class; so instead I've animated it so it isn't noticable anymore.
By animate, I mean that it now flies into view when it's being used.

So it looks a little nicer and doesn't appear randomly anymore, plus any incompatibility it may have created has been crushed... that's my update. :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:02:11 AM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3