RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP]The last night(8 bit styled rpg) - Download now

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
RMRK Junior
Introduction
This project also start with the idea of more little and simple project. I'm constantly having new ideas and testing things and i selected this.
Note that i'm spanish and for now i will by traducing it as good as i can.
The game have a nes or 8 bits style. Note that i wont limit to that game recipe.

Engine & Programing
I'm using RPG Maker XP because it saves a lot of time when creating RPG's and you can also can customize everything. But i am a skilled RGSS scripter with more than 40 scripts created for now and i am using a full set of custom scripts for my games.

Graphics and sound
My plan is to have a full custom graphics and music. I have started to make my own graphics and i will try with the music later, or hire someone, or use special free music. Note that for the prototype i don't use all custom and they are worse than in the final version

Plot
The game plot is situated in the place where a lot of other games wouldn't want to end: when the devil have triumphed and rule the world. Its also in a perpetual night.

You form a group of shadow anti-heros that served Effe, who have shadowed the world.

And one of the his used methods have been give special talents to his allies so they serve he better and defeat the light forces. But with the main war ended, Effe demands his talents, and he will send you to recover and bring them.

Characters
The group that i was talking later is composed of four powerful shadow warriors. Anyway after the war and the Larderan(the shadowing of the world) all have after-effects and also the group-s girl have felt in a strange comatose state.

Anyhow it will have some more characters and some secret ones. But for now i will only show the three main characters.

Hanow
A Sagash warrior and the adventure protagonist. Its a mute character although it will be in a new improved way.
Sagash's are magic warriors but mediocre and rare in combat. They are very good resisting altered states. At last Hanow have also a relation with Enna that now is broken.

Klide
A cursed man that now is trapped transformed in a monster. Is a agile and versatile character although somehow limited in that all his equipment is unique. Stands out in the altered states use.

Tebar
A strong men that have a legendary and powerful mallet, that he cant use now because he lost his arm. Hi will substitute this will some options and custom systems.

Gameplay
Obviusly the game is inspired in the 8 bits rpg's. Frontal turn combat and no save in dungeons or worldmap, limited item number, open worldmap and adventure, deduction and search of pistes, mazes, etc. Anyhow the game will include some original things:

-We can equip the dones that we recibe
-The altered states have been improved and grow in importance
-A improved combat positions system
-It will have a diversity in gameplay
-A collect items system for a lot of things
-A lot of freedom, sidequest and also three small worlds to discover
-You can interact with the dark zones of the world and try to restore or enter in them
-Some gameplay and plot decisions unique for each playthrough.

Other things
Note although that this isn't the full description. I reserve a lot of things and some extra surprises, and more complexity for each one of the wrote here.

The game will have also a improved paid version, but it will be in all terms a opensource and CC game.

Actual state
Public prototype 1.5 publicated. This version like we said before is multilanguage and includes two languages with it's owns walkthroughs and manuals. It also have a few improvements over the original spanish version.
Note that the traduction i suppose that will have some mistakes that i will correct if anyone report but i think it have a decent state and the game is fully playable.

Finally there are a lot of things that aren't totally implemented or polished in this version and that i already know. You can check them in the manual and in the main topic of the game.

Later i will update this new version a little if it have mistakes, and then i will work for the second protoype, wich will include more contents and all the other scripts and systems and the final polishment of the actuals, including creating maybe a total custom graphics. After that i will wait for the final version.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2x5wza1e2s7zaw1/The+last+night+1.5.zip

About screen captures
They are from the spanish version and have a mixed of original graphics and not. Anyhow the originals graphics are the majority for now, but i have to be improving and upgrading them a lot, some of them are just temporal ones.

Some things at a partial state or to improve in general(And to solve it in future versions):

-The graphics of green small beach areas in the map of the island. They are shown over the characters. But what do not how to do it because with the system of xp is very rare i will rethink and redo that in some moment. For that reason the coast are not made ​​of the world map.

-After taking a chest it disappears instead of being open. No graphics of open chest and the same, i will not change now if im not going to do my owns. Note that some old classics games use this and im thinking if im going to make it or not, its not that bad.

-At the end of the battle there is a moment in which the growing music and postbattle sound coincide, it's nothing very serious but might take it off, i wanted to contact the author of the script but the website where this was temporarily off, and in another is reported but unanswered. We will have to wait.

-The game generates a small text file called Primer prototopio 2.0-0-Diario or something. This document is a diary of the game with information about your game in various important moments as well as the end to it. Obviously it is useful to test and develop and see how the game has gone. You can post it or if you want to read it its ok.

-When naming the character I get some strange characters in the blanks spaces. I was unable to locate the bug but im making another version, just type the name and do not worry as these are not seen in the game itself then only in that scene. Note that im looking to see if any other people see that good or bad.

-There are missing accents and stuff like that in the game. But they are not just misspelled, just  missing some details as accents that are not me and because my keyboard or computer has a problem and write the rare keys. This will correct for in some next version that will be traduced and let more easy way to deal with that.

-About the MCI and the subject of codecs and such can annoy and i have already sent a suggestion to the scripter to put them in a pack, besides that if it give testing problems or something, and that solve the majority of bugs of convertion and compatibility. But i could make an installer for the game or a general installer version. Anyway being a super small installer should not bother much or i could seek for other alternatives, such as being able to choose between using or not using another script or  whatever.

-The game will have a limited script and system objects but for this version uses default as it was not necessary, because of its low duration and do not access the people, so save me implement it for now.

-The save and die system is also test, and I've been thinking of putting a variable that has some kind of penalty to lose the fighting, for example, 5 percent of your total money that will be multiplied for each time you lose. Although it is not easy to do and can jump. Im doubting.

-Some things are half make or quick fixed, like post combat chests and some other like traps are made by hand by now simply, then i will finish. Like with most things, such as faces, especially that of Hanow, or a pair of transitions when changing colors. There are also other details to get better that I will include for example the menu, some graphics or system interface positions, a unique exploration system among many more. Maybe I also included a climber difficulty and even a unique sense this configurator.

-Includes guide and manual. Use the guide with wisdom.

-I suppose that last about 40m or a little more.

-It also gives me a small error but only seems to happen to me, if I deactivate the musics in the configurator of the game, can still be heard, I have to do from the windows audio control or via script. Rare because only happens in this... i will see if the error is mine alone or not.

-The cutscene skip system have a rare bug, because if after a scene with a combat you press to jump it will immediately not load the monster graphic, more rareey is that this does not seem to happen if the graphic is in the rtp (and not by the file format). In any case having a elections system after combat with boss system, and you can save too, but still try to wait a few seconds before pressing it or it wil prevent more or skip that scene.

-The save script seems to have a bug when loading and not just quite remember what was the last saved game and it defaults to 3.

-In the future the language selection will appear only one time and it will be configurable in the menu. It will include english as default too.

Credits, resources and licenses:

-Using free music basically, especially from free internet and sites like modarchive and FreeMusic. The sounds I've made ​​all by myself with http://www.bfxr.net/ program. Will detail this better later complete with all major credits. All with free licenses. There is a sound of dragon quest nes, to take the box. The music of Ordak is of a commercial game.

-The game includes 19 scripts fully mine, 4 modified or created between several and 3 of other people. Now uses the improved battle 4.0 script which has millions of corrections and improvements though half of this done. Use the default battle system which im adding my small scripts and details over time too. By gerkrt, gerrtunk.

-Graphics. FF and DQ nes games used as a base (taken from the dragon fantasy game basically) for inspiration for mine but i use some in the game itself too. More than half of the enemies are mine. No chara is mine, but the faces, and many tiles of the maps, almost almost the majority. As for animations i have done all sounds and resources are all made ​​by me, except a couple (the chest and the animation which use temporarily for various altered states, but they are edited of course). In the future, I will make more.

-The license of my graphics and resources is Creative Commons At- Nc- Sa. Scripts is MIT.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 06:12:58 PM by gerkrt »

RMRK Junior
Man i somewhat forgot some of my posts for this. After ending the private prototype time ago i was thinking in release the public one in weeks or days, but...Well i had a mistake in my predictions and it took me like 6 months more to "finish" this. I had two cursed bugs that maked me stop doing this but anyway i have putted a lot of hours and i have been upgrading and polishing new things each time...

I write this because im pretty sure that this time im going to release in a few time. Now i dont have any noticiable bug, no grafics, sound, music, etc, to create, im just tweaking the gameplay and polishing the playable part a lot, and trying a few ideas...

Note that im not publishing the english version and the spanish one in the same time, i will make the english later, with a polished release with some feedback. But anyhow, it wont a take a lot to do that.

I have added a new contents, systems, and i have a very prototype too XD version of the faceset. Anyhow note that all is upgreadable a lot.

There are new screencaps, very prototype too of course.

And the improved worldmap

RMRK Junior
I will release the english version for sure.

I have done all the animations including sounds and graphics, and some more tiles, icons, and monsters. I was thinking that in a prototype is important to test how the combat feels in every aspect. Note that i have uploaded a new capture and the combat layout have changed a little with the battlers as charas showing in front of enemies. Note that in future versions they will have step down or up when doing things.

I added some more extra systems to the combat, now enemies have differents levels, exist effects that start in turn 0 of combat or a boss system im testing, where the game is saved after the combat, letting more depth combats in a game without save in dungeons.

Im thinking in difficulty levels and im going to include them to test in proto. Im putting 2 maybe, the normal and easy. Normal is like hard games in 8 and 16 bits. Easy is a little more hard than FFVII and will have less gameplay and story content.

Normal is the basic level and more polished. It have a great challenge and also you will have to seek for clues and deduce, giant worldmap and freedom, limited inventory, no save in most dungeons, deaths in some places, limited items, some level grind here and there, making maps of worldmap and labyrinhts, etc, etc, but polished and adding some news too.

Note that in easy level not only enemies are less powerfull but the game is simplified in these type of things and for example it will exist a savepoint in dungeons, but the essence is here anyhow.

Finally i dont have to much to do for now. Polish here and there, compatibilitzy difficulty levels, introduce a system of exploration, end a little map, test, and thats all. It dont have bugs, except a medium of one and maybe a think with the MCI script audio.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I quite like the sprites, especially the bigger graphics in the menu. This looks like it will be a fun game and I am glad you're releasing an English version.

RMRK Junior
I have been doing other things rather than this project, and i changued the main one to two humor games i have completed the protoypes. I also had some terrible and surrealist bugs...

Anyhow the game has advanced. The bug isnt corrected but the game is plays around it, its decent for a prototype.

Now i have a list of 5 points to do. The two last major problems are a bug of with the Hanow eternal poison altered state, death, and recuperation from death, and the implementation of easy level. This is in theory complete, y only need to correct a bug with my difficulty script, and then test the whole thing some times more.

In theory, the public prototype will take weeks/days, but seeing how bad goes all my previsions, i shut my mouth, xD.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:27:07 PM by gerkrt »

RMRK Junior
¡Prototype 2 publicated! Spanish version only for now, but public and playable, im improving and testing it a little while traslanting amb implementing a few new things. I will release it in not too long. For curiosity, here is the download to spanish version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ha2k0lqrewku0p6/Larderan.zip

RMRK Junior
I have started this version of the game, after a few polishment and feedback.

I have completed a few issues with the script and traduced all the game except 1,5 scenes and a few texts here and there. Anyway i have to traduce the database but thats not a lot.

The script is giving me some troubles so i will correct it for myself and compatibilize with my Auto Formated Messages script, and later, i will finish the traduction. Note that i have been testing all, i just need a final testing of all the game in english.

I think i will post some images of english version.

But im sure it wont take too long. Then i will publicate it or search for final traduction polishment from anyone that speaks well english.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
i liek it :D how did you make the spirits?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK Junior
i liek it :D how did you make the spirits?

What spirits? xd

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Sorry, I meant sprites. I was wondering what program you used.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK Junior
i use only paint and if needed for old makers character maker pro to convert it conserving the color palete, but here no

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
You definitely got the 8-bit style down pat, I won't argue there.

The sprites and stuff are also fairly nice-looking, especially for being custom-made. I'm most interested in hearing the custom music you'll provide, though. It can be tough to do, so I wish you luck!

RMRK Junior
You definitely got the 8-bit style down pat, I won't argue there.

The sprites and stuff are also fairly nice-looking, especially for being custom-made. I'm most interested in hearing the custom music you'll provide, though. It can be tough to do, so I wish you luck!

I created the sounds not the music althought the music was a idea to create too. Note that it uses free music althought.

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
Oooh, right. I probably got the wrong idea, lol. My bad.

Overall though, good-looking stuff you have here.

RMRK Junior
Public prototype 1.5 publicated. This version like we said before is multilanguage and includes two languages with it's owns walkthroughs and manuals. It also have a few improvements over the original spanish version.
Note that the traduction i suppose that will have some mistakes that i will correct if anyone report but i think it have a decent state and the game is fully playable.

Finally there are a lot of things that aren't totally implemented or polished in this version and that i already know. You can check them in the manual and in the main topic of the game.

Later i will update this new version a little if it have mistakes, and then i will work for the second protoype, wich will include more contents and all the other scripts and systems and the final polishment of the actuals, including creating maybe a total custom graphics. After that i will wait for the final version.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2x5wza1e2s7zaw1/The+last+night+1.5.zip

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
IMO, I think your menu/battle sprites could benefit from some more contrasting colors. Readability is key, especially for 8-bit sprites.

RMRK Junior
IMO, I think your menu/battle sprites could benefit from some more contrasting colors. Readability is key, especially for 8-bit sprites.

Mmm but if i use 8 bits rpg as a base for the graphics they use this stlye and i lile that...