RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sprites Needed For Horror Game [VX]

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Okay, so I am working on a horror game that is similar IN STYLE BUT NOT IN PLOT to such horror games as Ib, The Witch's House, Ao Oni, etc, but also with a mystery feel, and also with a small piece of "The Thing" to it. Short summary: reporter wakes up alongside 8-9 other people in a large, elegant mansion, and they soon realize that demons who can kill and possess bodies also lurk in the house. As to who is possessed or who isn't possessed, I'm not going to go into that.

But, basically, I need sprite versions of these battlers by Thalzon.

I will give credit to those who make the sprites, as well as Thalzon, of course. Thank you for your consideration! <:D
Behold the power of Emperor Mateus, the girliest looking male villain out there! (I'm playing FF2 right now, so that's why I have this sig.)

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
:)
Your story sounds interesting, but I've never seen horror pulled off too well in VX. As soon as a cartoon monster appears on screen all the credibility disappears. Perhaps it would be more 'scary' if the player didn't get to see the demons, and saw just a shadow or something instead? Not very original, but just a suggestion.

As for getting sprites done, there are a few people on forums that take requests, but I always suggest giving it a go yourself. Just load a few other sprites and splice together bits that you like, recolour some parts (pixel by pixel, follow all the shading - don't be lazy) and you're done. I used to do this quite a bit and it would take me 5 minutes to recolour/edit a sprite; it's worth learning how to do it all. If it looks awful, run back crying
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer
Why am I 'training wheels'??

RMRK Junior
Your story sounds interesting, but I've never seen horror pulled off too well in VX. As soon as a cartoon monster appears on screen all the credibility disappears. Perhaps it would be more 'scary' if the player didn't get to see the demons, and saw just a shadow or something instead? Not very original, but just a suggestion.

As for getting sprites done, there are a few people on forums that take requests, but I always suggest giving it a go yourself. Just load a few other sprites and splice together bits that you like, recolour some parts (pixel by pixel, follow all the shading - don't be lazy) and you're done. I used to do this quite a bit and it would take me 5 minutes to recolour/edit a sprite; it's worth learning how to do it all. If it looks awful, run back crying

You usually only catch glimpses of the demons, and when it is a chase, you can see them, but it's always in the darker parts of the mansion where hell is literally seeping into the world. And either way, IIRC VX was the engine that made The Witch's House, and that was an amazing game, even though all the chasers were easily see-able.

But I'll try, emphasis on try doing something from scratch instead or recolouring and splicing. I still want the demons to look like they do above, and my mind is set on doing that instead of- I don't know- taking the Dark Lord sprite and meshing it with ogre, or recoloring a skeleton. It's just not as... unique.
Behold the power of Emperor Mateus, the girliest looking male villain out there! (I'm playing FF2 right now, so that's why I have this sig.)

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
:)
You can get a lot from 'splicing' - it's just really handy to have somewhere to start, but I respect you for giving it a go :) let us know how it goes when you do
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer
Why am I 'training wheels'??

RMRK Junior
The program I saved my sprite in does not save in PNG... or any format that doesn't cause the entire photo to blur and make it impossible to use. -.- Grr... I'll still try...

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
The program I saved my sprite in does not save in PNG... or any format that doesn't cause the entire photo to blur and make it impossible to use. -.- Grr... I'll still try...
What program are you using?