RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Checkpoint System

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Contestant - GIAW 9
Checkpoint System
By: Bravo2Kilo

Introduction
This script adds a checkpoint system to the game. If the player dies, instead of a game over you will respawn at a checkpoint. This script also has a lives feature, when you die you will lose a life, if you have no lives you will get a game over.

Screenshot
none

Script
You can get the script from my blog here

Credit
- Bravo2Kilo

Terms of Use
Terms of use can be found at my blog
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 06:23:42 AM by Bravo2Kilo »
I have a blog now where I will be posting my scripts that I create.

My Favorite Animes:
    1. Full Metal Panic (all 3 seasons)
    2. Dragonaut the Resonance
    3. The Legend of the Legendary Heroes
    4. Spice and Wolf
    5. Rosario + Vampire

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Minor issue, but the name's wrong in the script.

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Contestant - GIAW 9
I updated the script fixing a bug.
I have a blog now where I will be posting my scripts that I create.

My Favorite Animes:
    1. Full Metal Panic (all 3 seasons)
    2. Dragonaut the Resonance
    3. The Legend of the Legendary Heroes
    4. Spice and Wolf
    5. Rosario + Vampire

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Thanks for sharing!

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
Open World Guy
kinda defeats the purpose of this script if you can just load a saved game before you died...
Would be much better if when your lives reaches zero not only will you get a game over but your save get deleted.