RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Recommend me some games!

Rep:
Level 84
I just got the Wii emulator working on my computer and want to play some games. Can anyone recommend me some good Wii games?

(p.s does anyone also know how to get WiiWare games to work on Dolphin?)

Rep:
Level 71
Animal crossing city folk and super smash brothers brawl. Where did you download the emulator?

Rep:
Level 84
I just used Dolphin. But I've never gotten it to run smoothly until today. I have Brawl already. I'll check out Animal Crossing. What's it even about? I've never followed Animal Crossing.

Rep:
Level 71

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Skyward Sword

That will be all.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
No More Heroes

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Super Mario Galaxy

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Good luck with Dolphin. Its the shittiest emulator, but not because of bad programming. Every game requires unique tweaks, and even different versions of the emulator itself. So maybe a game will work in 1.8 or whatever, but it won't work in 1.9. I gave up on it after a while because it was more work than just buying and softmodding a wii.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
You can play games in 1080p through dolphin though, which makes a world of difference.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
I find it ironic that someone is asking for games... on a forum where people make games. And post them. In the projects section.

EDIT: Granted, not Wii games.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
How is that ironic? You don't expect people who make games to play other games or what ?_?

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
No, I just find that if a person is looking for games on this forum, the projects section would be a good place to check, no?

However, once again, not Wii games.

The irony is there, it is simply minuscule.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
if a person is looking for games on this forum, the projects section would be a good place to check, no?

Not if you're looking for a professional, high quality, or non-roleplaying game.
That isn't to say that RPG maker games can't be high quality. They just rarely are.
Regardless, the video games board is for non-rm related video games.

On topic, I haven't played Kirby's Epic Yarn, but I've heard good things about it.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:53:52 AM by Acolyte »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I believe Strak did not realize the context of this thread. I also believe he didn't, you know, read the thread until after he posted, at which point he edited the post.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Rhythm Heaven Fever (best game on Wii no competition!!!!!)

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Monster Hunter Tri

Kirby's Return to Dreamland, maybe Epic Yarn. They're both pretty easy (except for RtD's challenges, of which there's more in the recent Kirby anniversary thing), but at least Return to Dreamland is a Kirby game. Epic Yarn is like... a better controlling Little Big Planet, but without the level editing stuff. Speaking of easy games, there's also New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story (both are kinda tough to emulate, last I checked)

Both No More Heroes games. Aah what a bummer that Suda51's just been involved with shit since these games.

Maybe Super Paper Mario. I liked it at the time, but it's not quite as good as The Thousand Year Door. It has a really slow start, if I remember correctly.

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor is pretty good if you're into that sort of thing. Same goes for the two Fatal Frame games (well, one is called Project Zero or something and the other is a fan translation of the fourth game).

That's probably it, I dunno. Some of those are better multiplayer, but they're all fine alone. There are more good games for the Wii, but they kinda require more players to get the most out of them (like Fortune Street). There's also a bunch of middle of the road shit that's not terrible but not really worth going out of your way to play (like A Boy and His Blob and Muramasa).

Sonic Colours is a gorgeous game and has really good music, but it doesn't stay fun for long. The levels get worse as the game progresses. Generations is a much better game, but that don't matter since it isn't a Wii game, huh!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:32:12 PM by chewey »

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Skyward Sword

That will be all.

A verry good one!  :yuyu:

Avalanche
a PC addicting Game at http://www.addictinggames.com
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
I believe Strak did not realize the context of this thread. I also believe he didn't, you know, read the thread until after he posted, at which point he edited the post.

Spot on, Pacman. Spot on.

Anyway, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is pretty good, but only if you've played Path of Radiance. Which is for the GC.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Fire Emblem is awesome ;8
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3