RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3][Complete] The Here and Now of Yesterday {Map Madness, 2011}

Rep:
Level 66
~RTP Princess~

In the dream of a child stands an ancient manor filled with forsaken fancies and empty memories. Mysterious yet familiar to the child that wanders the lifeless house. What lies at the start of waking? Is this truly a dream? A memory? An illusion or reality?

This project contains the compiled maps from the Manor Mapping Madness collaboration. The aim of this project was to create a room with atmosphere - whether it be spooky, dream-like or creepy is up to the map maker. Each person made one map (or more) with the REFMAP graphics. The maps were then compiled into this game.

Mappers (in alphabetic order)
ae
arcan
chana
Deckiller
Demicrusaius
Faenon
Gibmaker
Happy
Julev
Liberty
Marrend
Max McGee
Merlinman
psy_wombats
SGCN
sillydan
Zephyr
Zyntax

What's with the two names?
These games are a sort-of ode to my cousin who killed himself. I've used lines from a poem he wrote before then as the titles. So far there are just two in the series (the second can be found >here< or >here< and is still in progress), though eventually there will be eight total. The title, MaMaMa (Manor Map Madness) was the name of the actual event. The game is called 'The Here and Now of Yesterday'.

The here and now of yesterday
Where end Time's saddest songs
Apon the brow tomorrow clear
We, thoughtless, dream along
And through the truth of never-been
Sit, watch as time flies by
For left, unspoken words I hear
And empty lyrics lie

Characters

Emi
A young girl with the power to enter the Land of the Dead and interact with the spirits there. By doing so she releases them from their binds enough that her father can exorcise them. She just wants to help, and though young, she is rather plucky.

Father
Emi's father and an exorcist who is ... well, not that great, to put it plainly. Still, he tries his best to help his daughter with her abilities.

Anastasia
A young woman who is hidden away in a secret room. Emi will have to look hard to find her and even then, there's no guarantee she'll be saved...

The Butler
They always say the butler did it. Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. This man is from exotic locales, but he has an appreciation for art and the human form.

The Count
Cold, elusive and ruthless, this man may be the one behind it all. Or he may be a red herring. He may not even exist at all! He is said to have owned the manor.

Screenshots

Spoiler for:

Download

The game is complete and ready to download.
 >>HERE<<

Walkthrough

As this game was put together, and is more about exploration than story, you'll probably find yourself a little lost now and then. Hence why I made a walkthrough to help those who get stuck. You can find it >>Here<<.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The mapping in this game is totally wonderful. I love it! Downloading now and I will hope to find the time to play it through later this week.

I am sorry to hear about your cousin; this sounds like a nice tribute to his memory.

hail satan buddy 666
Rep:
Level 55
Blagil VlUE
Me too, waiting for download progress
[

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Those maps are fantastic. :o
Sorry about your cousin. ;9

Rep:
Level 66
~RTP Princess~
Thanks guys. For your commiserations and interest. ^.^

Each map was made by different people (bar the filler maps I had to add later) and I'll post a list of said maps at the bottom of this post.

I look forward to seeing what you think of the game. We all worked hard on making these maps look great and feel the game came together pretty well, despite this.

Hidden for spoiler reasons.
Spoiler for:
alterego - Chapel and Chapel basement maps
arcan - Small Storage room and Instectarium
chana - Living room
Deckiller - Garden Maze
Demicrusaius - Master bedroom
Faenon - Guest bedroom
Gibmaker - Bathroom
Happy - Mistresses Quarters
Julev - Kitchen and Dungeon
Marrend - Wine Cellar
Max McGee - Solarium
Merlinman - Childrens' room
psy_wombats - Men's room
SGCN - Attic
sillydan - Pantry and Cellar
Zephyr - Large Storage room
Zyntax - Armoury
Liberty (me) - Hallways, connecting rooms, dead end rooms (hidden room in Mistresses Quarters and Dungeon), Secret passage to the Chapel, Sex dungeon, Main Hall, Dining room and Servant's Quarters.