RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
VX or VXA?

Rep:
Level 89
Heya! It's me again! I just keep popping in and out, don't I? :-\

Anywys, I'm thinking about making a personal project with one of the later RPG Makers, but there's a problem. I'm thinking about either using VX or VXA. The thing is I can't decide which one to go for.

I heard that VXA is superior, but also has problems. Now, I can't say what the problems are 'cause I haven't experienced them yet. I'm playing around with the free trial.

I also heard that VX is more common and that a lot of users are using it. Should I jump on the band wagon?

Which one do you think I should get?

If this is the wrong section to post this, can you please move this topic?
RuneWorld (Title clickable)
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray
You wish to apply? Send a PM with a sample of your work with an attachment.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I've used both VX & VXA a ton, and I most certainly prefer VXA, due especially to the tilesets system, as well as a lot of the newer eventing options. :)

The only problem I can think of with VXA is that there are less scripts for it (though a great many scripts have already been created, so that's not really a problem so much anymore). Overall, the Ace system is much more rewarding for game making.

That's just my opinion. :P
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Really, once the scripters catch up, the only thing VX will have going for it is the RTP. Ace surpasses it in every single way, except possibly the pictures bug.

Rep:
Level 89
I've used both VX & VXA a ton, and I most certainly prefer VXA, due especially to the tilesets system, as well as a lot of the newer eventing options. :)

The only problem I can think of with VXA is that there are less scripts for it (though a great many scripts have already been created, so that's not really a problem so much anymore). Overall, the Ace system is much more rewarding for game making.

That's just my opinion. :P
I see.

It does seem like good idea to go with VXA. I'm well aware that it's a bit more expensive than VX, but I might think it would be money well spent if I buy it.

I'm gonna wait awhile longer to see other people's opinions before I officially decide to buy it.
Really, once the scripters catch up, the only thing VX will have going for it is the RTP. Ace surpasses it in every single way, except possibly the pictures bug.
That does seem like a problem. I would like to display certain pictures, though.
RuneWorld (Title clickable)
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray
You wish to apply? Send a PM with a sample of your work with an attachment.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I forget what exactly the pictures bug does, but I have heard of it. :o

I'm not entirely sure, but I think there's a script fix for that bug. ^^ I could be wrong, haha.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
The pictures bug is pictures aren't cleared from memory when deleted so it causes permanent lag. There's a fix for it though. Check the scripts section.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
There's really no reason to pick VX over ace aside from ace being pricier. Ace is better in pretty much every way.

Rep:
Level 84
Why is this even a question?

hail satan buddy 666
Rep:
Level 55
Blagil VlUE
VX ACE is much better than VX because vx ace graphic is better than vx graphic.
VX ACE have been improve more than VX because VX ACE does have every thing
I choose the VX ACE
[