RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What do i do in order to...

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Junior
What should i do to make events for:
An enemy encounter (As in a set encounter, not a random one)
A message to say that something is unlocked

I am TERRIBLE with events and may be asking more questions in the future.
Also, I'm not sure if this should go here or scripting

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Scripting is for actual scripts written in RGSS used in the script editor of rpg maker.

I suggest you look at some beginner eventing tutorials to familiarize yourself with some of the basic commands. It will make things a lot easier for you.

As for your questions, there is a command in the eventing list that allows you manually bring up an encounter. Exactly where it is depends on the maker you're using, but in VX Ace, it's at the top of the third page called "Battle Processing".

"Show Text" will be the first command on the first page of event commands.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Both are eventable and both can be done using nothing more than a couple of switches, self-switches and variables. Though, it depends on your eventing style so you can also use Timer instead of variables.

I need more info on how and what you want to do, otherwise I'll be showing you how to make an encounter but it might not be what you are looking for. And if you don't have any experience using events, I can tell you pretty much exactly what most things do.

I can PM all info if you like ;)

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!: