RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[FULL VXA]Child's Light

Rep:
Level 69
11th game I've ever made. It's my masterpiece and to this date, you've never seen a game of mine with as much custom stuff. What started out as a simple project for the  Mysterious August contest, turned out to be the crown jewel of my games. I can say that of all my games during my over 12 years of making, this is the most engaging one.

Plot

For generations your village has been protected by an ancient fairy named Light. Your mother is the Protector of the Light and your father, a brilliant engineer who's done many things that have served the Light. However when Light goes missing and your parents are arrested as prime suspects it's up to you to clear your parents' name and to find out what happened to the Light.

Features

- Multiple endings and numerous paths to take

- Custom OST composed by me, with the several songs used with permission by the composer Agustín Corvi

Support this wonderful musician and buy their CDs!

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/fadingmemories/
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/darkscore/

- Custom CG art and faces done specifically for the game

- A game that is about Emotion, rather than action

- Only RTP you find in this game are the sound effects and the few objects in the scenery.

Screenshots

Download

Warning, this game is NOT old PC friendly

www.asciinetwork.com/GiveMeBeer/Child.exe

If you downloaded the game prior to 3.10.2012, use the patch to patch the game from 2.0 to 2.1, any newer games come with the patch pre installed.

www.asciinetwork.com/GiveMeBeer/Patch.exe

Version info

Bug fix

- Missing file error no longer happens

- Wrong size for Edgar's call event

Bug fix

- Mother's journal is treated as accepted evidence.

- Endless loop bug has been fixed in the show off.

- Looping error in the Stacy's mom scene when certain conditions were met has been fixed.

- A clone of Stacy's mom no longer appears when certain conditions are met.

- Fixed the nefarious "endless dancing" bug.

- Cynthia's portrait not deleting correctly if reading the stone tablet without Emily being in the same room.

- Cynthia no longer thinks everything around her is a bathroom (hehe).

Dialogue

- Fixed varous typos.

- Cleaned the writing at some parts for better reading.

- New "character" Fabio is mentioned in several instances when talking to Twinkie and Monroe.

Gameplay changes

- You may still meet Sister at End Game.

Graphical changes

- The canal is now smoother and without any errors.

Improvements

- Compressed the images with a better compression to produce a smaller file.

- General performance fixes and tweaks.

- Added many NPCs to bring more life into the game.

- Many NPCs will be in different places at End Game as opossed to when you start the game.

- Included many new fun comments by Cynthia when interacting with things.

Passability

- Several passability erros have been fixed.

Bug fixes

- Mother's journal could be used but without any effect.

- Toy box producing chime without it having anything interesting.

- That annoying gears girl has a better, bigger colission box.

Dialogue

- Few loose strands of Reginald's dialogue have been connected.

- Improved grammar on few parts.

<SPOILER ALERT!>Cynthia told about magic when there was none.<END OF SPOILER ALERT!>

Gameplay

- Stacy is now slower by default

Graphic fixes

- Roger displaying the wrong emotion during the final act has been fixed.

- Stacy shocked expression not showing has been fixed.

- Mother cell display errors have been fixed.

1.0  First finished version
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:49:18 AM by Drbigt »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This looks pretty great! I love the artwork and will give this a try when I get the chance.

Also, 11 games! That's a pretty impressive accomplishments. Most RM users (like me) never even finish one.

Rep:
Level 69
Well, if you count the shorts and the jokes the numbers are far higher but I mean 11 full games.  :gracie:

Rep:
Level 69

Bug fix

- Missing file error no longer happens

- Wrong size for Edgar's call event

Rep:
Level 55
Hey there, just got done playing your game and let me say its quite awesome. The artwork is fantastic, and the atmosphere feels almost reminiscent of the ultra surrealism of a Tim Schafer game. While I liked the multiple endings, I think there should be an auto-continue after the ones that would classify as a "game over", because in one example I forgot to save my game and had to do a large portion of the game over again. Also, while I think I got the best ending I'm not 100% sure because the following sentence is still said at the end,

Spoiler for:
"I wonder what happened to the light?" and this was after getting both Roger and Katherine with the testimony, mom's journal, and the note left after the attack in Emily's office.

There were a few glitches I came across, nothing major I'll list them in spoilers just in case they would qualify as spoilers.

Spoiler for:
  • In battle when you are going to use a spell, sometimes the status describing Cynthia, such as "Cynthia is no longer shocked!" stays above the help menu describing what the magic attacks do.
  • After you are told to look for suspects, and you move with Emily to the lower-left room of the map, a sprite still exists in the upper-right corner, that shows where she used to be.
<Alex>

Rep:
Level 69
Hey there, just got done playing your game and let me say its quite awesome.

Thank you kindly! Let me reply to few points about your post!

The artwork is fantastic, and the atmosphere feels almost reminiscent of the ultra surrealism of a Tim Schafer game.

I am not familiar with the maker but thanks.

While I liked the multiple endings, I think there should be an auto-continue after the ones that would classify as a "game over", because in one example I forgot to save my game and had to do a large portion of the game over again.

There is a Game Over. To get it, you have to be really bad player though. Getting a bad ending is not a game over.  ;8

Is like in clocktower, if you try and ride a car and die, is not game over, is just a bad ending, while it has still game overs.  :gracie:

Also, while I think I got the best ending I'm not 100% sure because the following sentence is still said at the end,

Spoiler for:
"I wonder what happened to the light?" and this was after getting both Roger and Katherine with the testimony, mom's journal, and the note left after the attack in Emily's office.

Is not the best ending then. You never found Light herself. Best ending has you pinpoint culptript and find Light.

There were a few glitches I came across, nothing major I'll list them in spoilers just in case they would qualify as spoilers.

Spoiler for:
    [lIn battle when you are going to use a spell, sometimes the status describing Cynthia, such as "Cynthia is no longer shocked!" stays above the help menu describing what the magic attacks do.
    [/spoiler]

This is actually an engine error and sadly the only way would be to use something like Yanfly or something that fixes said bug, which doesn't work with the map battles I think.  :'(

I'll try and make some sort of a work around before the next version though.  :gracie:

Spoiler for:
    After you are told to look for suspects, and you move with Emily to the lower-left room of the map, a sprite still exists in the upper-right corner, that shows where she used to be.
    [/spoiler]

Ah, I didn't catch that. Thanks, I'll fix that.

I've had some extra time, so I've tweaked quite few of the pics. (read, every single one of them) I'll make a patch later and fix any other minor tweaks people may want. (Due to lack of any feedback, very hard to do that though) Here's a comparision, before and after alternations.

Before

After

[/list]
    « Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 02:50:14 PM by Drbigt »