RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Is it possible to change enemy parameters in battle?

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
I tried to use variables but they didn't seem to make a difference. My intention is to change enemy stats based on my character's level. Anyway to do this that doesn't involve scripting? It seems like a no brainer but I just don't see how its done.  :tpg:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:05:11 AM by yuyu! »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
You haven't said what maker you're using, but in XP, VX, and VXA, that requires scripting.

Most of it you could do without scripting, but there is no event command allowing you to adjust the stats of an enemy, so you'd at least need to use the Script event command to complete the common event.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:00:19 PM by modern algebra »

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
Thank you for your reply. I'm using XP. It's difficult to get support for it these days as many people have flown over to Ace and Vx so I really appreciate your help.

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
For random encounters, it wouldn't be practical without scripting. However, without having had much experience in RMXP, and not currently at a computer with either VX or Ace, I would be inclined to think this is somewhat possible with events.... although very exhausting and limiting.

You wouldn't be able to have the enemy's automatically change based on character levels. As MA stated, there are scripts (at least in VX) that allow monsters to level up with the party that offers more efficiency. If scripts is not an option for you, then what you can do is:

1. Decide how often a monster and its troops will change throughout the course of the game.
2. Create copies of the same monster and troops in the database but with altered stats, skills, and whatever else that makes them different. Do this for every time you want the monsters to change.

Note: It won't be very feasible to have the monster to change for every level up, because you would then have to create x amount of copies for each monster and troop based upon level cap. It would probably be better to just alter there stats every 5 levels or so.

3. Create events for your monster encounters (no random encounters). Use conditionals that call the troop based upon the character/party level. So if the character/party is at level 1, it will call forth the troop with lower stats, and when the party is at level 5, it will call the same troop at higher stats, and so forth for level 10, 15, etc.