RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Small question - can RM be put on a flash drive and transferred?

Rep: +0/-0Level 58
RMRK Junior
Um, yeah... I have a little conundrum! I want to buy RPG Maker XP very badly, but the thing is, I also wish to get a new computer for Christmas to replace this one. One worthy of being called a computer. ^^; If I were to buy RMXP for this computer, could it be put on a flash drive or disc or something and moved to the other? ...The only problem is, though, that's how illegal copies get made... that's not what I'm doing, I don't like that idea. D: Is it possible?

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
It's only illegal if you give it or sell it to some one else! If you bought legitimately then you can use it on a flash drive for you personal reasons or on you other computer. As long as you dont give it to someone else on that flash drive. Just copy all the files from every where that includes rmxp put on the flash drive and you can play it from anywhere anytime!!!!! Hope this helped :)

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience

Rep: +0/-0Level 58
RMRK Junior
I see... yeah... I wouldn't do that. :/ I may be a tightwad, but not like that.

I might just try that, then! Between having RPG Maker now or having it later, the choice is clear. ...Ergh, only thing is, if it went sour I'd be wasting $30. 'OTL

Thank you! c:

© 2012 chapman productions inc
Rep:
Level 55
=O
I was using XP like that...

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
What they said. Technically the license is for one user on one machine, but I've seen official clarifications that they don't mind multiple installs (say a desktop and a laptop) provided its the same user. If more than one person is using the program on one computer, then you should get multiple licenses.