RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RGSS Status Menu

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Hey I'm trying to do some custom editing of the Status Menu in XP but I'm having some trouble understanding how to do it. From what I understand Scene Menu will create a new Scene_Status once called from the in-game menu. Scene_Status will create a Window_Status for the Status Menu and anything that would be displayed would be handled in Window_Status. What I don't understand is why does nothing I modify in Window_Status change what's displayed in the Status Menu? Is there a script called that I'm just overlooking? Is this a bug with XP? I have the legal version of XP and just can't figure this out.

I'm trying to do some simple display editing such as showing a Battler in the Status menu instead of a sprite and changing which values are displayed but any changes I make in Window_Status don't update in game. Any input?

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
I copied Window_Status and called the copy instead. My changes are showing in game so I guess that's a fix although I don't understand why I couldn't modify the initial event. Oh well, it works.