RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Anyone have a Record Player / Turntable Sprite / Gif Set?

Rep:
Level 67
TheNeonHeart.com
Hey, I'm looking for a sprite of a record player for a scene where my character puts on some music, so I was hoping to find an action sprite set. Can anyone help me out with this?

I'm using RMXP and would like it in the regular XP style, but I can adapt VX sprites.

If you feel like making a custom sprite, here's a reference image:
Spoiler for:

I'd like it to take up only one 32x32 square or possibly two horizontally, and maybe it could have more of a base like a stand that extends below into the next square. Here's the scene it appears in, where it would be in front of the character as he puts the record on, so you could get an idea of it as it might actually exist, as a piece of furniture:
Spoiler for:

He plays an old scratchy record on it and it is a mainstay of his office/headquarters. He's a paranormal investigator.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:17:47 PM by theneonheart »
And if you stare for long enough into the abyss... you just might stare it down.

My Games: ExXception Draft
My Awesome Homepage The Neon Heart.com Host to My Writing / Music / Reviews / and More

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Well, I tried to put something together, but I forgot I don't have RPG maker anymore to test it out anymore... I did it in the same tile setup that your burning garbage can had (assuming that it was both for the same project)

Furthermore, since I was trying to make it fit in with your environment, I used colors which were already in your palette (the wood comes from the spice rack in the kitchen and the record and arm come from the oven), but it can easily be changed to use different colors if you so wish.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 67
TheNeonHeart.com
Wow! I love it! It is perfect, thank you so much. Seriously. Now I'm wondering if maybe you would be interested in doing some more work on the project? I am looking for some people to help me get ready for a kickstarter.

I just posted to the forum over on rpgmaker.net looking for spriters for my project, saying I'm working towards releasing a demo/gameplay trailer and eventually a kickstarter. Right now there are a bunch of people ragging me on the forum post, because I guess I haven't released enough stuff, but if you want to check it out, if you're looking to do more spriting, I actually have a lot of work done on my project and could use some help getting ready for the kickstarter. http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/11656/

Since I posted to that forum, I'm getting a trailer ready, it should be ready soon so you can see more of the game, but I do have some videos and screenshots up at my tumblr page: http://exxceptiondraft.tumblr.com/

I guess the main thing is, with the kickstarter I am going to offer the main reward as access to a development blog, since my whole thing is the project I'm working on is very literary and a kind of novel as a game... a long-term project and I'm not promising to release the game for like five years. So... with all that, if you are interested in working on a project, check out my page over there.

Thanks again for this piece. It is exactly what I wanted.
And if you stare for long enough into the abyss... you just might stare it down.

My Games: ExXception Draft
My Awesome Homepage The Neon Heart.com Host to My Writing / Music / Reviews / and More

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Yeah... I'm not really so reliable as a contracted spriter. I just make sprites when I see something that looks fun. I will, however, keep an eye out for any requests you make for more sprites and if you send me a message, i will look over it and let you know if I can do it for you.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.