RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Unity 3D]Pool of Mana

Rep:
Level 71
Update:

-Fixed a bug causing the player to randomly jump.
-Fixed a lot of other bugs.
-Added footsteps for water
-Added audio Settings
-Added default settings for option menus
-Added general Settings
-Added difficulty
-Added head bob
-Added the player's starter home
-Added the game's main theme by Arlen(First song of the OST)
-Added saving system
-Town of Load has been redesigned
-Made the exterior of the farm of Styrewood
-Removed coniferous trees due to a bunch of problems
-Added A LOT more detail
-Fixed the ugly sides if the main menu
-Added HUD
-Settings are now saved as registries
-Cancelled support for Mac and Linux (unless they both get support for the .net framework)
-Added game over screen
-Fixed some errors dealing with transparency
-Changed grass color
-Downgraded water because it actually looks better
-Added a bunch of new items
-Water slows down the player and prevents running
-Added some new sound effects
-Started deer AI
-Other stuff I can't remember since it's been almost a month and I did a lot

Here's a screenshot:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:55:26 AM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 87
????
Hey! I had a quick read through in this thread, and I have to say I was very impressed! I was skeptical at the beginning, as you are pretty young with such a large endeavour, but that quickly changed. I'm loving your dedication to this project, and I hope it goes well! If you need it, I may consider making you an interface for free, so feel free to send me a message if you need it.

The lighting in your maps really make a great atmosphere, and they look very natural. I'll be waiting for more updates :)

Rep:
Level 71
Thank you very much!

Rep:
Level 71
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh2208eyBxI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh2208eyBxI</a>

So I decided to make a video today. Things such as lag and cursor showing are an issue on the video recordings software part. There are some random things (like the exit saying it's the door to the Load Inn) that need to be changed.

Rep:
Level 71
Update:

-Armor, weapons, and other items (such as torches) can now be equipped. These things won't appear on the character but do affect stats and appear under active equipment.
-Started control options.
-Added more detail to interiors.
-Added hotkeys for items (armor and weapons are coming soon).
-The world goes in slow motion when the menu is open.
-Added some new textures and models to the game.
-Fixed issues with the volume of ambience sound.
-Started handling of arrows and bullets.
-Fixed a bug where buttons in the main menu would flicker
-Added some items.

I'm doing a bit of work in blender now. I made a basic bar of soap. It's not perfect since I lack the patience for UV Mapping (applying the texture to the mesh). It's not as bad as my bread though. I have also decided to add Ivey to the interior of buildings. I understand it's not very realistic but I think it looks really nice. Also my Unity 3D pro trial expired yesterday. I should be getting the full version at the end of the week. There's been a several month delay in me buying it.

Here's the bread (don't worry I'm not using this):
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 02:01:25 AM by DoctorTodd »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
It looks interesting yet very. And will be releasing a demo at some point? I would love to try. Save it to your friends so far. It is beautiful to see yougins something to do with their time and not just listen to the dubsteps. Dubsteps rots your brain, you know?

I buy this when you have finished the hand. I love Morrowind / Oblivion / Skyrim.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks. I'll be releasing demos once I further into development. I'm not a fan of dubstep, it gives me a headache.

Rep:
Level 71
Update:

-Finished control options
-Changed the way the world is loaded
-Lowered ambience volume
-Finished handling of arrows and bullets
-Player is now slowed when carrying too many items
-Fixed a bug preventing the player of disposing items
-Changed a few things in interiors maps
-Huge plot changes
-The world layout is different now
-Started handling of souls
-Started xbox controller support
-Added look sensitivity

Since I changed the way the world is loaded (now only parts of the world the player is near are loaded), I have to redo the town of Load (now being called Styrewood). I'm sick and out of motivation right now so I'm going to be slowing down until I'm better. In the future after this project is finished I may port it to the Ouya. There are a ton of variables deciding if I do or not. How does this small area look? I'm having trouble designing the world I had been doing before. It all just looks ugly to me. I had made part of Styrewood but I trashed it. I'm really just asking if this looks like the shape of an actual mountain. The base I'm still working on.

Rep:
Level 71
Update:

-Finally got a good design for Styrewood.
-Replaced the game's weather and time system with a 3rd party system called UniStorm.
-Adjusted everything to work with UniStorm.
-Cleaned some code up.
-Increased head bob and sped up footsteps.
-Added field of view option.
-Removed view distance option.
-Added screen space ambient occlusion option.
-Fixed some bugs.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Update:
-Removed view distance option.

Wait, I can not put distance veiw? My computer sucks, but I can not play. : Sad face:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 71
You can't for several reasons. The main one is because if the view distance is less than 15,000 the sky won't appear, and any distance above that is completely unnecessary. You can still toggle tree view distance, tree billboard start distance, detail (like flowers and grass) view distance, detail density, and shadow view distance. You can also change texture size, toggle shadows all together, toggle bloom and lens flare, toggle HDR, toggle contrast enhance, and toggle screen space ambient occlusion. You can also change the resolution. Also the entire world isn't rendered at once. Parts are loaded based on the player's position. Certain objects that are near the player that are not visible do not render. I'm also doing a lot more to try to get a high frame rate. 

Rep:
Level 71
I was on vacation so I didn't bother to update, but here is one now. Also I now own Unity Pro for a year.

Update:
-New UI art.
-Began redesigning part of the UI.
-Added post processing effects.
-Rewrote door code.
-Rewrote footstep code.
-Cleaned more code up.
-Added more food models.

I'm still adjusting the post processing effects but here's how I have it looking so far.

Rep:
Level 71
I'll be bringing updates back soon. I will hopefully have Pool of Mana on Kickstarter soon as well. Here's a screenshot of an island in the lake next to the player's hometown.
Spoiler for Screenshot:

Rep:
Level 71
Hey guys sorry for leaving you in the dark for quite a while. I know I said I would bring updates back soon and well it didn't quite work out. Anyway I'm still hard at work. Before I get into what I've done I want to say that I'm coming close to posting the game on Indiegogo. All I need to do is make the video, which may be hard. Right now I'm aiming for around 40k. It's a lot but it's the only way this project will be completed. I'll post a link here when the project is up if you want to help fund it. I also want to thank everyone who has supported the project so far. Seriously I've actually gotten more support from you guys then from my friends. Anyway I've been adjusting the game's lighting, weather, and post processing effects. So far I'd say it's pretty good. This is an extremely unfinished part of the game world.

I'm also making the final changes to the game's inventory system.

I've also been fixing bugs and changing the way somethings work. For example all lights are now dynamic. The player and NPCs can play with the lights.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
The HUD has really improved. Good job.  :)

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks it took seven tries to get it right but it was worth it.  :)

Rep:
Level 71
So I decided to experiment with the game's graphics and this is what I ended up with. I don't plan on spending to much more time on the graphics.

Any recommendations on how to improve this? Is it too bright or is the contrast too high? I just have the feeling something is wrong with it.

Rep:
Level 96
Oh, advance this. I am happier. I, me want to be what the system conditions. Is it around that as same as oblivion or more?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 71
By "want to be what the system conditions" you're referring to character customization right? If so then not exactly, you can choose how you wish to play but there really isn't too much character customization. The entire game is first person so how your character looks won't make much of a difference. I may add an option to choose your name and gender. I'll decide when I get to the point of hiring voice actors. If I have the player's lines actually voiced then the name will be forced and gender choice will not be an option.

Rep:
Level 96
lol sorry.
I was just being weird. I've been putting my posts through a "Bad translator". What I was asking was "What will the System Requirements be?"

http://ackuna.com/badtranslator
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 71
It's too early to tell, I'm not far into the game's development. I have a lot of things to add into the game and I have a lot to do to optimize it. The main thing that slows the game down right now is rendering costs as well as post post processing effects. Parts of the environment such as grass can be reduced or turned off altogether through a slider in the settings and most post processing effects can be disabled as well. I hope to end up with the typical minimum system requirements of 2GB of RAM and an okay processor. How this will turn out in the end I'm not sure, I've seen new game companies struggle with optimization on their first game. It doesn't necessarily mean I will but Pool of Mana may not run as fast as other games.

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Well, as long I can play it with my AMD 6000+, GTX650Ti and 6GB DDR2 800 RAM everything is fine. ;)
But it really looks interresting. :3
Can you please reupload the pictures from the first site of this topic, because they were all removed, thank you in advice. <3 (\s/)

Rep:
Level 71
You'll be able to play but I can't guarantee on the highest settings. I'm going to do my best to optimize the game but with a large and detailed game world it isn't exactly easy. Also turning down the shadow quality increases your framerate dramatically. As for the other pictures they were really outdated and I don't have them anymore. I'm going to update the main page at one point. Mainly because I have several story and gameplay changes.

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Okay and thank you for the fast reply. ;)
Metro Last Light runs with 20 FPS on absolute max Settings, so my PC isn't really slow. ;)
GTA IV is somewhere between 20-30FPS, belongs of the situation on max. ;)
So I think the game should work fine. :3 (\s/)

Rep:
Level 71
So here's a bit of an update. I changed the UI for chests to meet the new design, I changed the game's trees again, made some changes to the swimming system, and fixed some bugs. I'm also making the game completely open world. So there won't be any loading screens even for buildings and dungeons. You simply open the door and walk inside. I'm having to hold off on Indiegogo because the artist who I had talked to backed out so I have to find a new artist. I'm taking a small break for now though. I've been writing my own game engine called Flat in C#. It's only 2D but it's a start. There's still a lot to do but it shouldn't take long to finish. I may post more information in a different post if anyone is interested.

Pool of Mana Screenshot:

Flat Screenshot: