RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Unity 3D]Pool of Mana

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks, most of the world will be like that.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I don't post in the thread much, but wanted you to know I'm still watching ^-^
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 71
Alright, I'm going to have another update soon.  :)

Rep:
Level 71
I'm going through some stuff right now so this will probably be the last update for a while.

-Added Footsteps depending on terrain with different speeds depending on movement types.
-Started the inventory system.
-Started Load and the interior of the restaurant (see bottom).
-Set up ambient sound effects that vary based on time of day.
-Added sound effect when landing.
-Added graphics setting menu.
-Redid Styrewood, a screenshot can be found on the previous page.
-Adjusted rain to fix random drops flying across the screen.
-Modified the title screen to prevent it be cut off in smaller resolutions.
-Worked on the terrain a bit.
-Started working on doors, all I need to do is add an option to attempt and pick the lock.
-Darkened Ambient Light.
-Some other bugs were fixed.
-I might be forgetting other stuff.

WIP I still have items to buy for it. Also these look a bit better in game, they came out looking a little odd:

Rep:
Level 71
I found the best way to deal with what I'm going through was to work, so here are some WIP of the starting town of Load. How does the decorating look so far? I don't really have any experience in 3D mapping, I'm just kind of winging it. I still need to fix the lighting of the watch tower.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Perhaps it's just me but is the watch tower leaning somewhat towards the right? ???
Also it's kinda repitive to use the same light in every town, yeah lanterns are all well and good, but surely there are different styles you can use indifferent places.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 71
Nope it isn't leaning, I checked the rotation. I'm going to use different lights, but since Styrewood and Load are close to each other I decided to use the same style lighting.

Rep:
Level 71
I'm working on the user interface right now. How does this look for a status screen? I'm a bit hesitant to use this bar design. I also may go back and change words such as Thirst to Hydration.

Rep:
Level 60
Having "current" show up over and over like that seems redundant to me, personally. Instead, I'd clarify what the statistics in the box to the right are for (I'm assuming they're for the maximum values given the player's level?) and just remove the "current" from all of those other statistics. It just doesn't really seem necessary to me.

Visually, it looks good, though.

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks, I'll fix that.

Rep:
Level 71
The user interface I was using was nice but I felt it could have been designed better after reading a few articles and looking at a few mods. I also think it didn't fit the theme of the game. I decided to base the main menu on a mod for Skyrim. I’m not done but how does look? I feel the bars work a lot better with this design.

Rep:
Level 71
Before I move any further, how does this look?

Rep:
Level 60
that blue is really blue. seriously, really blue. the color you were using before was easier to look at and stood out more imo

Rep:
Level 71
that blue is really blue. seriously, really blue. the color you were using before was easier to look at and stood out more imo
True it is a lot of blue. The problem with the other one was it had serious resolution scaling issues and it also barely fit the game's theme. It's a lot easier to stand it when it's full screen but I'll definitely consider modifying it.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Color theory is your friend.
Don't use just one color. Pick a few that work well together. Even if it's just darker and lighter shades of the same color, it'll break up the monotony some.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:44:28 AM by Dr_Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 71
Alright I'll try different shades. I did that a bit but clearly not enough. I'll also take a look into color theory.

Rep:
Level 71
Is this looking any better? I adjusted the button and divider colors. I still not done adjusting all of the GUI yet, I'm just wondering if this going in the right direction.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I think it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Rep:
Level 60
looks like you removed it from your dropbox. can't comment if i can't see it

Rep:
Level 71
That's odd, I never took it down. It also appears to be showing.

Rep:
Level 71
Update:

Bug Fixes:
-Sleeping equation
-Issue with time and weather system preventing it from ever being 12 AM (or 24 in game time).
-GUI scaling issues

Additions:
-Inventory
-Graphics options
-Overcast and fog
-Fall damage
-A new input system

Deductions:
-All buildings in the game, I'm buying a much better village pack.
-HDR, Bloom and lens effects, color correction, contrast enhance, deferred lighting, motion blur, antialiasing, shadows, and some other technical stuff. This is temporary, my Unity Pro trial ran out and I'm not buying the full version until the end of February.

Other changes:
-Rain can only occur if the previous weather is fog or overcast
-The trees used in the northern continent (pines are being used now)

Rep:
Level 71
How's this look? I decide to put equipment options on the side and I made a sleep button pop up next to the time if the player is carrying a bed roll.

Rep:
Level 71
Update:

Bug Fixes:
A bug crashing the game when a door was opened or closed.
More GUI Scaling Issues
Fixed error with button location in the inventory

Additions:
Pretty much every single building I need.
More variation in trees.
Some technical stuff dealing with using an item.
Button to sleep whenever a bed roll is in the inventory (as previously stated).
Added bed roll and small bottle.
You can now use a small health bottle.
A new equipment menu (as previously stated).
The Load Inn.
State changes for objects based on time
A texture for non lit candles and lanterns.
Some other technical stuff.
Some reverb zones.
Just some technical things that greatly help with performance.
Items have their own unique space.
Birds
Thirst and hunger decreases when sleeping.
Thirst, hunger, and sleep decreases.
Game over
Improved fall damage
Relief in ground
New grass texture
Changes in quality settings
Different global lights.

Notes:
I will be purchasing Unity 3D Pro in May.

Screenshots:
Here is a picture showing some of the relief (the new picture took place at a different time so it looks at lot darker):

This was done using a shader that came with a new art pack I purchased.

Also I'm having trouble deciding on something. Right now in the Inn I have the lights set up to where all lights are on all the time except for the lights in the rooms. Those go off late at night and turn on in the morning. My concern is that the player will think it's error since they may think "It's dark why would the lights be off?" instead of "The lights must be off since I should be sleeping." Which also made me think what should I do in other places at night? Should I have all lights go off at night or turn on? Should I keep them always lit? I am thinking about a script that'll allow the player to toggle certain lights which would be good for his/her home and in an inn room but what about everywhere else?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 01:11:34 AM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 71
There won't be any updates for a while since Nvidia screwed my computer with one of their drivers to the point where Windows won't even load. I have a warranty but I'm not sure I'll be able to get my data  off...

Rep:
Level 71

I got my data off and I'm working on the game with my old computer. I've done a bunch but I don't feel like listing them right now. I should be getting my new computer back on April 8th. I'll be getting Unity Pro at the end of May, I'm using a trial right now. I'm also working on improving performance right now, there's major lag due to dynamic lighting and particles.