RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Unity 3D]Pool of Mana

Rep:
Level 71

Spoiler for Plot:
In the land of Olymia, people use mana to complete every day tasks. They gather their mana from pools scattered through out the country. But when another civilization in a different dimension, by the name of the Nocere, is losing a war. The civilization realizes they may use the mana to power devastating war machines that could easily turn the tide of the war. So they creates a portal into Olymia.  You are a praecordia, one with the ability to absorb the souls from other creatures and use them to your advantage. You are called to arms when a near by farming town is attacked. You and three others are the only survivors. And you may just be the key to protecting the mana.

Spoiler for Characters:
Aldren: The main character of the game. Aldren delivered packages to Olymia from his home country. He was delivering a package to the inn keeper of Styrewood when it was attacked.

Celestine: A young mage from Olymia's magic school, she was on vacation with some friends in Styrewood.

Espardo: Was once an assassin. He was caught and sentenced to be killed, but at the last second the king pardoned him. He became the pub owner of Styrewood in hope of forgetting his past life.

Dak: Once a general of Olymia's armies. He became a drunk after quitting the army due to the loss of a huge battle.

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Spoiler for Videos:
Coming soon...

Spoiler for Features:
Massive world.
Original sound track.
Fight in real time
Buy and customizable houses and strongholds.
Day and night
beautiful light effects
Random weather
Crafting
Visual health
Book system
Hunger, Thirst, and sleep system.
Actual Magic School.
Beautiful graphics
Horror style dungeons

Spoiler for Release Date:
Not set.

Spoiler for Demo:
coming soon...

Spoiler for Inspired by:
Oblivion
Fallout New Vegas

Spoiler for Platforms:
  • PC
  • May be Mac and Linux
  • Long shot but may be Xbox 360 and PS3

To be announced.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 10:02:46 PM by DoctorTodd »

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
$30 a bit high for a game made in rmvx ace. Well can't wait to check out the upcoming pics and videos before i say anything.

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience

Rep:
Level 71
I know it's a lot but I'm spending well over $1,000 on this game. I hope to have some screenshots but I have to pay for my graphics first. I should have enough money after I release Gold and Glory 2.

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
Oh... wow ok..then ya $30 dollars is a good price for spending the much money on a rmvxa game. hope to see pictures! :)

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Nobody will pay $30 for an RPG Maker game. Ever.

To the Moon was probably the greatest commercial game to come out of rpg maker, and it's only what, $10?
Don't waste your money.

Rep:
Level 71
It's not the final price, I've barely started on this project any way. Lowest I'll go is probably 20. That's the typical price that 2D games sell for. I really don't think it being an RPG maker game should really affect the price.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:26:26 AM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
Angry Birds started off as 0.99 since and look at it now. Sometimes it is best to start dirt cheap and work your way up, because people will more likely buy the game at a lower price. Good luck with the project though.

Rep:
Level 71
It's really not a good idea to raise the price in the future. Any way thanks.

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
I'm not saying to raise it up a lot, but you may want to slowly raise the price of your product once you have a community built, because they will understand that they need to pay more for a higher quality product.

Rep:
Level 71
I suppose that could be a good idea, any way I'll figure that out later. It's going to be a long time before this is released.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I'm spending well over $1,000 on this game.

There is no good reason to spend that much money on the development of an RPG Maker game, especially at your age. I mean, if you have one, I'd sure as hell like to hear what it is.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:10:11 AM by Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 71
I'm fourteen. The reason I'm spending so much is because of Steam. It sounds like it's going to be hard to get a game on there so that's why I'm putting so much money into this. It's not like I have any thing better to spend it on.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Save it? Put it towards a college fund, a car, just your future in general? If you ever think you don't have anything better to spend money on, you're probably wrong.
Especially if you're 14 and spending $1000 on an RM game.

Rep:
Level 71
I really don't care about a car. Yes I suppose I could save for College. But my hope is that I can get this game to go viral. So I'm putting everything I have into this, while that is crazy and stupid, it's my dream. I know most people aren't living their dream right now, but my friends and family support me and I'm going to do what ever it takes to complete mine.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Well that's fair enough. Your money anyway, I guess.

Rep:
Level 71
So any feedback on anything? I know all I really have right now is the features and plot. I should be able to add characters tomorrow. I did start working on the menu yesterday. Here are some screenshots, I still need to fix the cursor for character selection. Also every thing slides.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Since you've made your budget apparent, I'd be more than happy to lend my musical talents towards your project. I'd typically charge around 100 dollars per minute of music, but considering the scope of the title I'll let you steal it from me for a paltry 50 dollars per minute. We can also negotiate further if you wish, but I'm more than happy to help out :)

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks Malson.  :)

I have a bunch of music at the moment, but I may need some more town themes later. I'll make sure to send you a PM if I do.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I wish I had $1000 when I was 14... actually I still wish I had that now. But with all the money and time you're going to put into the game I hope you find success with it. I'll keep an eye out for any updates.

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks, I'm gonna buy the graphics and stuff once I release Gold and Glory 2 (probably this week). Then I will make a map or two to show you how the game will look. It takes in a place a mountainous, forest area.

Rep:
Level 71
I'm thinking about changing the logo. Which do you like better?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
The top one is cleaner, but they're both kinda lacking.
If you really are serious about paying, I do happen to be an experienced graphic designer. ;o

Rep:
Level 71
I'll consider it. But first I want to clear this up, I'm am spending a lot of money on this project but after the stuff I have planned I really don't have much money left.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Kickstarter seems to have a lot of success for RM lately.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 71
Ya I've considered. Any feedback on the plot or anything?

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Too short and too cliche for my liking. I can name you more than a few games that would have that exact same blurb written on the back cover (albeit with a few different words).
The character details weren't that descriptive either.

My point is, you don't seem to have enough details to make me interested in the story, if and when you update it to be more descriptive and indulge me in your creation I'll reconsider but, right now... No I don't really have much feedback on the plot or anything else.
I can say I like the title, but that's pretty much it :\
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 71
Alright I'll try and add some more information.

Rep:
Level 71

Huge update! First off, new logo. Second a completely different, perspective, as well as new features. Which means I'll be spending more money and spending three times as long on this project. But I think it will pay off because of this http://unity3d.com/company/union/. In the mean time some really early screenshots!

If it's not obvious I have a lot to do. I'm focusing on scripting the game right now, later on will I be building the environment. Also I apologize to any one that had there time wasted by me asking to use there scripts for the VXA project. Luckily I learne

Rep:
Level 71
Probably the last screenshot for a long time. The world is still really undeveloped but I figured it would be good to show some of the world.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
There is way too much blue on your start screen. If there's no contrast to the logo, no one will pay attention to it.

Spoiler for:

Here's a quick edit to show you how visual interest can be added with contrast. And also I threw some texture in there because I'm kind of bored I guess.

Also, have you improved upon your story at all?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:11:37 AM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks I increased the contrast. I've kind of been set on the story (so no), I'll try to add some more information to the description soon.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I'm really glad to see you kicking off in Unity, it's much more difficult to use than RM, but so much more worth it :)

So by looking at your screenshot above, I figure you're trying to go for the western style RPG (transversing the world through ground-view) rather than the bird-eye view from your regular JRPG (& RM) game, am I correct? ;8

Rep:
Level 71
Yep, going for something like Oblivion.  :)

It's a lot more work but a lot more fun. I'm enjoying the scripting as well. Not because I think JavaScript is easier to learn but the lack of limitations made learning it very easy and fun.

Rep:
Level 71
Two new screenshots, I've been playing Oblivion to try and get a good feel for the environment. I added sprinting and crouching I'm still tweaking the speeds though. I want to try and make the sprint really good by doing something similar to Far Cry 2's sprint. Any way here are the screenshots, one is at day the other at night. I finished the day and night as well as the weather system and I bought all the sky boxes I need.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Me likey the lights on the second screenshot, I'm looking forward to watching this grow. :)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Those screens look really awesome!

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks.  :)

It's been a lot of fun designing this so far.

Rep:
Level 71
Just a bit of information, I was going to reveal the beginning of the story but I accidentally went back a page and I don't feel like typing that again right now. :mad: I'll do it later though. Also the game page for Pool of Mana is up on my website. Progress is really slow right now since I'm out of money, so I'm back to mapping in RPG Maker for money...

This is about absorbing souls. When every you kill a creature there is a ten percent chance you will absorb the soul. You can only have five souls at once. Souls will do things such as increase your health or give you skills, depends on the creature. Some may actually harm you (you can release souls). If you're killed the souls that you have are destroyed to reform yours. The amount of souls you have depends how much health is gained. Each souls counts for twenty percent of your health.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 11:31:04 PM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 71
I've managed to get some stuff done recently.

- Properly scale the existing user interface for different resolutions.
- Redid the environment that I had done after playing Oblivion for a while.
- Added a sleep menu like Oblivion's with the ability sleep for up to 11 hours (because no one can sleep 24 hours with out a sleeping issue Bethesda  :P).
- Fixed some time issues with the day and night system.
- Made the rain more realistic (I might have done this a little while ago).
- Added a transparent light brown background when in the menus.
- Made effects such as the lights of lanterns and bugs around them time based.
- Changed the cursor.
- When not in the menus the cursor is centered and hidden.
- Decided how to make the opening scene.

Also I may be bringing back the Amulet of Disasters (formerly known as the Disaster Keep) in a collaboration with Warfare Studios to earn some money for this. We may do another story but either way I'll be taking a break from this. Once were done I should hopefully have enough to fund the rest of the project without having to do anything else. Any way here is the new environment and the world map.

Rep:
Level 71
Here's a small video showing some of the environment. It's not a very good video but it's better than my previous ones. I found out I have a somewhat decent editor on my computer.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6PV0i0UlyI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6PV0i0UlyI</a>

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
14 years old, $1000 to spend on an RPG Maker game and no solid game plan yet. Somehow I doubt this is going to work out well.
But good luck with whatever you're trying, you'll need it. As for the above video, it looks pretty nice for a start.
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Rep:
Level 71
It's not RPG maker, it's Unity 3D. I did plan on using RPG Maker for a little while. I've had my plan down for a long time. The video is actually outdated (even though I posted it recently), with Unity Pro I've added lots of effects (HDR, Bloom effects, Color correction, ect) so it looks really nice now. I added to two screenshots. I know it's crazy but everything is working out fine so far.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Looking good. I've been waiting a long time for that goat update. ;D

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Wow, the video and the screenshots looks really nice! I have to salute you, being 14 years old and are able to work with such advanced graphics! really impressed! For myself Im a really big fan of the elder scrolls games, so I wish you all luck with this project! I really hope you get alot of response on the game, and if it end up on steam Im pretty sure Im gonna buy myself a copy :D

Edit; Forgot to ask, are you working on it all by yourself or do you have people helping you? Seems like it would be really time consuming if you are doing it all by yourself, and if Its supposed to be inspired by Oblivion. I still wish you all luck no matther  :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:14:22 AM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks! I posted the game under Steam Greenlight concepts for now but once I have most of the art and most of the soundtrack I'm going to move it to Greenlight.  :)

Rep:
Level 71
Edit; Forgot to ask, are you working on it all by yourself or do you have people helping you? Seems like it would be really time consuming if you are doing it all by yourself, and if Its supposed to be inspired by Oblivion. I still wish you all luck no matther  :)
By my self. I know it will take a long time to make, but It's how I like to work. Even if it takes three years to make I'll still be in high school, I really want to take my time. After all there isn't any reason to rush.  :)

Rep:
Level 71
New screenshot.  :)

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
That looks Very nice!

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks, it's one of the beginning locations.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature spaceSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The latest screenshot has nice atmosphere.

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks, most of the world will be like that.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I don't post in the thread much, but wanted you to know I'm still watching ^-^

Rep:
Level 71
Alright, I'm going to have another update soon.  :)

Rep:
Level 71
I'm going through some stuff right now so this will probably be the last update for a while.

-Added Footsteps depending on terrain with different speeds depending on movement types.
-Started the inventory system.
-Started Load and the interior of the restaurant (see bottom).
-Set up ambient sound effects that vary based on time of day.
-Added sound effect when landing.
-Added graphics setting menu.
-Redid Styrewood, a screenshot can be found on the previous page.
-Adjusted rain to fix random drops flying across the screen.
-Modified the title screen to prevent it be cut off in smaller resolutions.
-Worked on the terrain a bit.
-Started working on doors, all I need to do is add an option to attempt and pick the lock.
-Darkened Ambient Light.
-Some other bugs were fixed.
-I might be forgetting other stuff.

WIP I still have items to buy for it. Also these look a bit better in game, they came out looking a little odd:

Rep:
Level 71
I found the best way to deal with what I'm going through was to work, so here are some WIP of the starting town of Load. How does the decorating look so far? I don't really have any experience in 3D mapping, I'm just kind of winging it. I still need to fix the lighting of the watch tower.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Perhaps it's just me but is the watch tower leaning somewhat towards the right? ???
Also it's kinda repitive to use the same light in every town, yeah lanterns are all well and good, but surely there are different styles you can use indifferent places.

Rep:
Level 71
Nope it isn't leaning, I checked the rotation. I'm going to use different lights, but since Styrewood and Load are close to each other I decided to use the same style lighting.

Rep:
Level 71
I'm working on the user interface right now. How does this look for a status screen? I'm a bit hesitant to use this bar design. I also may go back and change words such as Thirst to Hydration.

Rep:
Level 60
Having "current" show up over and over like that seems redundant to me, personally. Instead, I'd clarify what the statistics in the box to the right are for (I'm assuming they're for the maximum values given the player's level?) and just remove the "current" from all of those other statistics. It just doesn't really seem necessary to me.

Visually, it looks good, though.

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks, I'll fix that.

Rep:
Level 71
The user interface I was using was nice but I felt it could have been designed better after reading a few articles and looking at a few mods. I also think it didn't fit the theme of the game. I decided to base the main menu on a mod for Skyrim. I’m not done but how does look? I feel the bars work a lot better with this design.

Rep:
Level 71
Before I move any further, how does this look?

Rep:
Level 60
that blue is really blue. seriously, really blue. the color you were using before was easier to look at and stood out more imo

Rep:
Level 71
that blue is really blue. seriously, really blue. the color you were using before was easier to look at and stood out more imo
True it is a lot of blue. The problem with the other one was it had serious resolution scaling issues and it also barely fit the game's theme. It's a lot easier to stand it when it's full screen but I'll definitely consider modifying it.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Color theory is your friend.
Don't use just one color. Pick a few that work well together. Even if it's just darker and lighter shades of the same color, it'll break up the monotony some.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:44:28 AM by Dr_Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 71
Alright I'll try different shades. I did that a bit but clearly not enough. I'll also take a look into color theory.

Rep:
Level 71
Is this looking any better? I adjusted the button and divider colors. I still not done adjusting all of the GUI yet, I'm just wondering if this going in the right direction.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I think it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Rep:
Level 60
looks like you removed it from your dropbox. can't comment if i can't see it

Rep:
Level 71
That's odd, I never took it down. It also appears to be showing.

Rep:
Level 71
Update:

Bug Fixes:
-Sleeping equation
-Issue with time and weather system preventing it from ever being 12 AM (or 24 in game time).
-GUI scaling issues

Additions:
-Inventory
-Graphics options
-Overcast and fog
-Fall damage
-A new input system

Deductions:
-All buildings in the game, I'm buying a much better village pack.
-HDR, Bloom and lens effects, color correction, contrast enhance, deferred lighting, motion blur, antialiasing, shadows, and some other technical stuff. This is temporary, my Unity Pro trial ran out and I'm not buying the full version until the end of February.

Other changes:
-Rain can only occur if the previous weather is fog or overcast
-The trees used in the northern continent (pines are being used now)

Rep:
Level 71
How's this look? I decide to put equipment options on the side and I made a sleep button pop up next to the time if the player is carrying a bed roll.

Rep:
Level 71
Update:

Bug Fixes:
A bug crashing the game when a door was opened or closed.
More GUI Scaling Issues
Fixed error with button location in the inventory

Additions:
Pretty much every single building I need.
More variation in trees.
Some technical stuff dealing with using an item.
Button to sleep whenever a bed roll is in the inventory (as previously stated).
Added bed roll and small bottle.
You can now use a small health bottle.
A new equipment menu (as previously stated).
The Load Inn.
State changes for objects based on time
A texture for non lit candles and lanterns.
Some other technical stuff.
Some reverb zones.
Just some technical things that greatly help with performance.
Items have their own unique space.
Birds
Thirst and hunger decreases when sleeping.
Thirst, hunger, and sleep decreases.
Game over
Improved fall damage
Relief in ground
New grass texture
Changes in quality settings
Different global lights.

Notes:
I will be purchasing Unity 3D Pro in May.

Screenshots:
Here is a picture showing some of the relief (the new picture took place at a different time so it looks at lot darker):

This was done using a shader that came with a new art pack I purchased.

Also I'm having trouble deciding on something. Right now in the Inn I have the lights set up to where all lights are on all the time except for the lights in the rooms. Those go off late at night and turn on in the morning. My concern is that the player will think it's error since they may think "It's dark why would the lights be off?" instead of "The lights must be off since I should be sleeping." Which also made me think what should I do in other places at night? Should I have all lights go off at night or turn on? Should I keep them always lit? I am thinking about a script that'll allow the player to toggle certain lights which would be good for his/her home and in an inn room but what about everywhere else?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 01:11:34 AM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 71
There won't be any updates for a while since Nvidia screwed my computer with one of their drivers to the point where Windows won't even load. I have a warranty but I'm not sure I'll be able to get my data  off...

Rep:
Level 71

I got my data off and I'm working on the game with my old computer. I've done a bunch but I don't feel like listing them right now. I should be getting my new computer back on April 8th. I'll be getting Unity Pro at the end of May, I'm using a trial right now. I'm also working on improving performance right now, there's major lag due to dynamic lighting and particles.

Rep:
Level 71
Update:

-Fixed a bug causing the player to randomly jump.
-Fixed a lot of other bugs.
-Added footsteps for water
-Added audio Settings
-Added default settings for option menus
-Added general Settings
-Added difficulty
-Added head bob
-Added the player's starter home
-Added the game's main theme by Arlen(First song of the OST)
-Added saving system
-Town of Load has been redesigned
-Made the exterior of the farm of Styrewood
-Removed coniferous trees due to a bunch of problems
-Added A LOT more detail
-Fixed the ugly sides if the main menu
-Added HUD
-Settings are now saved as registries
-Cancelled support for Mac and Linux (unless they both get support for the .net framework)
-Added game over screen
-Fixed some errors dealing with transparency
-Changed grass color
-Downgraded water because it actually looks better
-Added a bunch of new items
-Water slows down the player and prevents running
-Added some new sound effects
-Started deer AI
-Other stuff I can't remember since it's been almost a month and I did a lot

Here's a screenshot:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:55:26 AM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 87
????
Hey! I had a quick read through in this thread, and I have to say I was very impressed! I was skeptical at the beginning, as you are pretty young with such a large endeavour, but that quickly changed. I'm loving your dedication to this project, and I hope it goes well! If you need it, I may consider making you an interface for free, so feel free to send me a message if you need it.

The lighting in your maps really make a great atmosphere, and they look very natural. I'll be waiting for more updates :)

Rep:
Level 71
Thank you very much!

Rep:
Level 71
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh2208eyBxI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh2208eyBxI</a>

So I decided to make a video today. Things such as lag and cursor showing are an issue on the video recordings software part. There are some random things (like the exit saying it's the door to the Load Inn) that need to be changed.

Rep:
Level 71
Update:

-Armor, weapons, and other items (such as torches) can now be equipped. These things won't appear on the character but do affect stats and appear under active equipment.
-Started control options.
-Added more detail to interiors.
-Added hotkeys for items (armor and weapons are coming soon).
-The world goes in slow motion when the menu is open.
-Added some new textures and models to the game.
-Fixed issues with the volume of ambience sound.
-Started handling of arrows and bullets.
-Fixed a bug where buttons in the main menu would flicker
-Added some items.

I'm doing a bit of work in blender now. I made a basic bar of soap. It's not perfect since I lack the patience for UV Mapping (applying the texture to the mesh). It's not as bad as my bread though. I have also decided to add Ivey to the interior of buildings. I understand it's not very realistic but I think it looks really nice. Also my Unity 3D pro trial expired yesterday. I should be getting the full version at the end of the week. There's been a several month delay in me buying it.

Here's the bread (don't worry I'm not using this):
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 02:01:25 AM by DoctorTodd »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
It looks interesting yet very. And will be releasing a demo at some point? I would love to try. Save it to your friends so far. It is beautiful to see yougins something to do with their time and not just listen to the dubsteps. Dubsteps rots your brain, you know?

I buy this when you have finished the hand. I love Morrowind / Oblivion / Skyrim.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks. I'll be releasing demos once I further into development. I'm not a fan of dubstep, it gives me a headache.

Rep:
Level 71
Update:

-Finished control options
-Changed the way the world is loaded
-Lowered ambience volume
-Finished handling of arrows and bullets
-Player is now slowed when carrying too many items
-Fixed a bug preventing the player of disposing items
-Changed a few things in interiors maps
-Huge plot changes
-The world layout is different now
-Started handling of souls
-Started xbox controller support
-Added look sensitivity

Since I changed the way the world is loaded (now only parts of the world the player is near are loaded), I have to redo the town of Load (now being called Styrewood). I'm sick and out of motivation right now so I'm going to be slowing down until I'm better. In the future after this project is finished I may port it to the Ouya. There are a ton of variables deciding if I do or not. How does this small area look? I'm having trouble designing the world I had been doing before. It all just looks ugly to me. I had made part of Styrewood but I trashed it. I'm really just asking if this looks like the shape of an actual mountain. The base I'm still working on.

Rep:
Level 71
Update:

-Finally got a good design for Styrewood.
-Replaced the game's weather and time system with a 3rd party system called UniStorm.
-Adjusted everything to work with UniStorm.
-Cleaned some code up.
-Increased head bob and sped up footsteps.
-Added field of view option.
-Removed view distance option.
-Added screen space ambient occlusion option.
-Fixed some bugs.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Update:
-Removed view distance option.

Wait, I can not put distance veiw? My computer sucks, but I can not play. : Sad face:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 71
You can't for several reasons. The main one is because if the view distance is less than 15,000 the sky won't appear, and any distance above that is completely unnecessary. You can still toggle tree view distance, tree billboard start distance, detail (like flowers and grass) view distance, detail density, and shadow view distance. You can also change texture size, toggle shadows all together, toggle bloom and lens flare, toggle HDR, toggle contrast enhance, and toggle screen space ambient occlusion. You can also change the resolution. Also the entire world isn't rendered at once. Parts are loaded based on the player's position. Certain objects that are near the player that are not visible do not render. I'm also doing a lot more to try to get a high frame rate. 

Rep:
Level 71
I was on vacation so I didn't bother to update, but here is one now. Also I now own Unity Pro for a year.

Update:
-New UI art.
-Began redesigning part of the UI.
-Added post processing effects.
-Rewrote door code.
-Rewrote footstep code.
-Cleaned more code up.
-Added more food models.

I'm still adjusting the post processing effects but here's how I have it looking so far.

Rep:
Level 71
I'll be bringing updates back soon. I will hopefully have Pool of Mana on Kickstarter soon as well. Here's a screenshot of an island in the lake next to the player's hometown.
Spoiler for Screenshot:

Rep:
Level 71
Hey guys sorry for leaving you in the dark for quite a while. I know I said I would bring updates back soon and well it didn't quite work out. Anyway I'm still hard at work. Before I get into what I've done I want to say that I'm coming close to posting the game on Indiegogo. All I need to do is make the video, which may be hard. Right now I'm aiming for around 40k. It's a lot but it's the only way this project will be completed. I'll post a link here when the project is up if you want to help fund it. I also want to thank everyone who has supported the project so far. Seriously I've actually gotten more support from you guys then from my friends. Anyway I've been adjusting the game's lighting, weather, and post processing effects. So far I'd say it's pretty good. This is an extremely unfinished part of the game world.

I'm also making the final changes to the game's inventory system.

I've also been fixing bugs and changing the way somethings work. For example all lights are now dynamic. The player and NPCs can play with the lights.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
The HUD has really improved. Good job.  :)

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks it took seven tries to get it right but it was worth it.  :)

Rep:
Level 71
So I decided to experiment with the game's graphics and this is what I ended up with. I don't plan on spending to much more time on the graphics.

Any recommendations on how to improve this? Is it too bright or is the contrast too high? I just have the feeling something is wrong with it.

Rep:
Level 96
Oh, advance this. I am happier. I, me want to be what the system conditions. Is it around that as same as oblivion or more?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 71
By "want to be what the system conditions" you're referring to character customization right? If so then not exactly, you can choose how you wish to play but there really isn't too much character customization. The entire game is first person so how your character looks won't make much of a difference. I may add an option to choose your name and gender. I'll decide when I get to the point of hiring voice actors. If I have the player's lines actually voiced then the name will be forced and gender choice will not be an option.

Rep:
Level 96
lol sorry.
I was just being weird. I've been putting my posts through a "Bad translator". What I was asking was "What will the System Requirements be?"

http://ackuna.com/badtranslator
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 71
It's too early to tell, I'm not far into the game's development. I have a lot of things to add into the game and I have a lot to do to optimize it. The main thing that slows the game down right now is rendering costs as well as post post processing effects. Parts of the environment such as grass can be reduced or turned off altogether through a slider in the settings and most post processing effects can be disabled as well. I hope to end up with the typical minimum system requirements of 2GB of RAM and an okay processor. How this will turn out in the end I'm not sure, I've seen new game companies struggle with optimization on their first game. It doesn't necessarily mean I will but Pool of Mana may not run as fast as other games.

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Well, as long I can play it with my AMD 6000+, GTX650Ti and 6GB DDR2 800 RAM everything is fine. ;)
But it really looks interresting. :3
Can you please reupload the pictures from the first site of this topic, because they were all removed, thank you in advice. <3 (\s/)

Rep:
Level 71
You'll be able to play but I can't guarantee on the highest settings. I'm going to do my best to optimize the game but with a large and detailed game world it isn't exactly easy. Also turning down the shadow quality increases your framerate dramatically. As for the other pictures they were really outdated and I don't have them anymore. I'm going to update the main page at one point. Mainly because I have several story and gameplay changes.

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Okay and thank you for the fast reply. ;)
Metro Last Light runs with 20 FPS on absolute max Settings, so my PC isn't really slow. ;)
GTA IV is somewhere between 20-30FPS, belongs of the situation on max. ;)
So I think the game should work fine. :3 (\s/)

Rep:
Level 71
So here's a bit of an update. I changed the UI for chests to meet the new design, I changed the game's trees again, made some changes to the swimming system, and fixed some bugs. I'm also making the game completely open world. So there won't be any loading screens even for buildings and dungeons. You simply open the door and walk inside. I'm having to hold off on Indiegogo because the artist who I had talked to backed out so I have to find a new artist. I'm taking a small break for now though. I've been writing my own game engine called Flat in C#. It's only 2D but it's a start. There's still a lot to do but it shouldn't take long to finish. I may post more information in a different post if anyone is interested.

Pool of Mana Screenshot:

Flat Screenshot: