RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Unity 3D]Pool of Mana

Rep:
Level 71

Spoiler for Plot:
In the land of Olymia, people use mana to complete every day tasks. They gather their mana from pools scattered through out the country. But when another civilization in a different dimension, by the name of the Nocere, is losing a war. The civilization realizes they may use the mana to power devastating war machines that could easily turn the tide of the war. So they creates a portal into Olymia.  You are a praecordia, one with the ability to absorb the souls from other creatures and use them to your advantage. You are called to arms when a near by farming town is attacked. You and three others are the only survivors. And you may just be the key to protecting the mana.

Spoiler for Characters:
Aldren: The main character of the game. Aldren delivered packages to Olymia from his home country. He was delivering a package to the inn keeper of Styrewood when it was attacked.

Celestine: A young mage from Olymia's magic school, she was on vacation with some friends in Styrewood.

Espardo: Was once an assassin. He was caught and sentenced to be killed, but at the last second the king pardoned him. He became the pub owner of Styrewood in hope of forgetting his past life.

Dak: Once a general of Olymia's armies. He became a drunk after quitting the army due to the loss of a huge battle.

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Spoiler for Videos:
Coming soon...

Spoiler for Features:
Massive world.
Original sound track.
Fight in real time
Buy and customizable houses and strongholds.
Day and night
beautiful light effects
Random weather
Crafting
Visual health
Book system
Hunger, Thirst, and sleep system.
Actual Magic School.
Beautiful graphics
Horror style dungeons

Spoiler for Release Date:
Not set.

Spoiler for Demo:
coming soon...

Spoiler for Inspired by:
Oblivion
Fallout New Vegas

Spoiler for Platforms:
  • PC
  • May be Mac and Linux
  • Long shot but may be Xbox 360 and PS3

To be announced.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 10:02:46 PM by DoctorTodd »

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
$30 a bit high for a game made in rmvx ace. Well can't wait to check out the upcoming pics and videos before i say anything.

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience

Rep:
Level 71
I know it's a lot but I'm spending well over $1,000 on this game. I hope to have some screenshots but I have to pay for my graphics first. I should have enough money after I release Gold and Glory 2.

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
Oh... wow ok..then ya $30 dollars is a good price for spending the much money on a rmvxa game. hope to see pictures! :)

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Nobody will pay $30 for an RPG Maker game. Ever.

To the Moon was probably the greatest commercial game to come out of rpg maker, and it's only what, $10?
Don't waste your money.

Rep:
Level 71
It's not the final price, I've barely started on this project any way. Lowest I'll go is probably 20. That's the typical price that 2D games sell for. I really don't think it being an RPG maker game should really affect the price.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:26:26 AM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
Angry Birds started off as 0.99 since and look at it now. Sometimes it is best to start dirt cheap and work your way up, because people will more likely buy the game at a lower price. Good luck with the project though.

Rep:
Level 71
It's really not a good idea to raise the price in the future. Any way thanks.

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
I'm not saying to raise it up a lot, but you may want to slowly raise the price of your product once you have a community built, because they will understand that they need to pay more for a higher quality product.

Rep:
Level 71
I suppose that could be a good idea, any way I'll figure that out later. It's going to be a long time before this is released.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I'm spending well over $1,000 on this game.

There is no good reason to spend that much money on the development of an RPG Maker game, especially at your age. I mean, if you have one, I'd sure as hell like to hear what it is.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:10:11 AM by Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 71
I'm fourteen. The reason I'm spending so much is because of Steam. It sounds like it's going to be hard to get a game on there so that's why I'm putting so much money into this. It's not like I have any thing better to spend it on.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Save it? Put it towards a college fund, a car, just your future in general? If you ever think you don't have anything better to spend money on, you're probably wrong.
Especially if you're 14 and spending $1000 on an RM game.

Rep:
Level 71
I really don't care about a car. Yes I suppose I could save for College. But my hope is that I can get this game to go viral. So I'm putting everything I have into this, while that is crazy and stupid, it's my dream. I know most people aren't living their dream right now, but my friends and family support me and I'm going to do what ever it takes to complete mine.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Well that's fair enough. Your money anyway, I guess.

Rep:
Level 71
So any feedback on anything? I know all I really have right now is the features and plot. I should be able to add characters tomorrow. I did start working on the menu yesterday. Here are some screenshots, I still need to fix the cursor for character selection. Also every thing slides.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Since you've made your budget apparent, I'd be more than happy to lend my musical talents towards your project. I'd typically charge around 100 dollars per minute of music, but considering the scope of the title I'll let you steal it from me for a paltry 50 dollars per minute. We can also negotiate further if you wish, but I'm more than happy to help out :)

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks Malson.  :)

I have a bunch of music at the moment, but I may need some more town themes later. I'll make sure to send you a PM if I do.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I wish I had $1000 when I was 14... actually I still wish I had that now. But with all the money and time you're going to put into the game I hope you find success with it. I'll keep an eye out for any updates.

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks, I'm gonna buy the graphics and stuff once I release Gold and Glory 2 (probably this week). Then I will make a map or two to show you how the game will look. It takes in a place a mountainous, forest area.

Rep:
Level 71
I'm thinking about changing the logo. Which do you like better?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
The top one is cleaner, but they're both kinda lacking.
If you really are serious about paying, I do happen to be an experienced graphic designer. ;o

Rep:
Level 71
I'll consider it. But first I want to clear this up, I'm am spending a lot of money on this project but after the stuff I have planned I really don't have much money left.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Kickstarter seems to have a lot of success for RM lately.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 71
Ya I've considered. Any feedback on the plot or anything?