RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Guild Wars 2 Coordination

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

With the game coming out in 9 days, I thought we could all get here and figure out who's playing and where.

Players:
  • NAMKCOR - Crystal Desert
  • DrSword - Crystal Desert
  • SirJackRex - Crystal Desert
  • Yeyinde - Crystal Desert
  • Malson - Crystal Desert

RMRK Main Guild - The Maverick Hunters [MAV]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:48:18 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I'm playing but I may need to get a new computer first

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
It runs pretty good on my laptop :o
And I think yours is probably better than mine.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Weeeee I can't wait! I'd like to play on whatever server you guys play on. I was originally going to stick with the gafguild but I don't really care about them enough to make gate of madness my homeworld.

Last stress test I had less than 1FPS. :( Just built a new pc, and while I think my old one was more than adequate judging by the first BWE, this one should nail my head to the back of my seat. I had heard that during the betas the game had better optimization for low-end hardware and I think some game news site writer even said he got performance on his laptop than on his gaming pc.

What are you guys planning on starting out with? Asuran greatsword Guardian is my first pick.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'd love to play but I can't guarantee I'll have much time to at all.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Yeah the bulk of my playtime will probably be during the head start because the game officially launches the second day of classes for me.

Even weekends aren't too promising because I need maintain my sleep schedule for an early-morning class.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Last stress test I had less than 1FPS.

is your computer an old microwave
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 84
Rubber Shark
I'll be playing on the Darkhaven server here.  See you all in game, maybe!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

who are you calling a microwave

nah, it was just a really bad day I guess? I'd gotten acceptable performance in the previous betas.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Well, I'mma be on Crystal Desert.  RMRK Rides Again?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I'll probably go there, too, then. It'd be nice if we all pick the same home world, so we can WvWvW together. If not, we can still guest whenever over to another friend's homeworld.

Just a heads up: Your GW1 character names are reserved by default for 24 hours after normal launch, I think. But your other character names are reserved for 24 hours if you delete them. If you think your name of choice is gonna go fast, skip to the end of character creation and input your name and then delete and recreate your character. Going to have to snag Inigo Montoya for myself provided someone hasn't already.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
So far the guild is the three of us, my dad, and two or three friends of mine. :o
Oh and maybe Yeyinde.

So uh, Sword, try to not be a total dick :V
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 02:35:01 AM by NAMKCOR »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
ARE YOUR BODIES READY?!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
MY BODY IS REGGIE. ONLY FOUR YEARS WORTH OF EXCITEMENT TO COME.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

Rep:
Level 97
PROTECTIN THAT BARBEQUE

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I'm installing the game now. I'll probably be playing on whatever server my friends are on though.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Oooh shit, I forgot about Crystal Desert. I can still guest over whenever though.
What are your in-game names? My main is Alazz. Asuran Greatsword Guardian, hell yeah!

edit maybe if they increase the server capacity and I free transfer over before the free transfer period ends.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
So without seeming like a douchebag, because it's an honest question, how tedious and grindy does the game feel? Are the quests interesting, or is it more of the same "collect X items and kill X mobs" that we're used to?

Rep:
Level 97
It's not tedious at all, as far as I know the only quests are part of the main storyline and those are never boring. Outside of them you have public events that happen randomly at certain locations and everyone on the server can do them together.

Also I think the main selling point for you would be vistas, which are scenic locations that give you experience if you can manage to get up to them. This one took me forever

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
So without seeming like a douchebag, because it's an honest question, how tedious and grindy does the game feel? Are the quests interesting, or is it more of the same "collect X items and kill X mobs" that we're used to?
I feel no grind. I'm only level 14, though. Take it with a grain of salt.

On top of the events and personal quests, you get experience from almost everything you do. Exploring, casually participating in events, finding POIs and Vistas, and gathering materials (mining, chopping, gathering) is all very relaxed. Completing all crafting professions will get you to level 80 alone, and the crafting experience isn't supposed to turn nominal unless you mass craft the same things (you're supposed to "discover" by mixing random compatible objects to get the best exp). Your level will scale but you'll always get experience and rewards similar to what you'd get in a similar-level area, so there is reason to explore all of the areas, even low-level ones. (Naturally killing higher levels yields better rewards.) The experience curve flattens out at level 30, so you're not spending twice the amount of time it took you to get from 1 to 30 to get from 30 to 31.

Honestly, I think this game would be right up your alley.

Rep:
Level 97
There's also the added autism bonus of spending hours adding dye to your armor.
Spoiler for:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
There's also the added autism bonus of spending hours adding dye to your armor.
Spoiler for:
I augasmed.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Charred Salmon? *chuckles* You, you're good.