RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dark Chaos

Rep:
Level 84
Content removed because of disrespectful members and staff.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:08:42 PM by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11

Hahaaaa, lol...

At this moment, I won't be downloading this.
  • What version of RM is it made in? Looks like VX but it could be VXA as well..
  • Your story is (summarized):
    There was a war and the world got divided into several groups, you live in one of them. One guy turns evil; SEEK AND DESTROY!! and you are the hero; HOORAY!!
  • Your videos lag big time! Might be my comp but I doubt it... I haven't had any trouble with other videos.
  • What's up with video's anyway? Show more screenshots (you have 4 at this moment, it should be tons!). They don't spoil the game's beginning or whatever will be coming... They also show more of your skills in mapping. The second video show pretty much only text. This really bugs me as it's in a standard windowskin (no transparancy whatsoever!). Really, two entire minutes of text! NO GOOD...
  • No layout on your topic. I had to READ! Use font size, colour, bold, italic, underline, ... and don't forget to create some paragraphs. The characters, don't put them into one spoiler, use several...
But because I am such a friendly person and willing to give every project a chance, I might download it if the topic gets more attractive.

Great games don't sell if they are not shown to public as being a great game. So it speaks for itself that in our case, project topic should be attractive for people to read or even download anything.

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 84

LOL! I'm glad a lot people get this in game joke. Too bad he's not in the first demo.

What version of RM is it made in? Looks like VX but it could be VXA as well..

It's made in VXA.

• Your story is (summarized):
    There was a war and the world got divided into several groups, you live in one of them. One guy turns evil; SEEK AND DESTROY!! and you are the hero; HOORAY!!

You poorly summarized the story. The war happened a thousand years ago. World was divided into nations. Groups can mean anything such as gangs. 

• No layout on your topic. I had to READ! Use font size, colour, bold, italic, underline, ... and don't forget to create some paragraphs. The characters, don't put them into one spoiler, use several...

What is your problem? You had to read? FYI if you want to look at anyone's project thread then you going to have to read. That's not rocket science.

My topic does have a layout. There are sections for each type of character. There's a section for the story.

Don't tell me how to post anything. You're not a mod. Secondly who are you to tell someone how to post? Who the fuck are you?

• What's up with video's anyway? Show more screenshots (you have 4 at this moment, it should be tons!). They don't spoil the game's beginning or whatever will be coming... They also show more of your skills in mapping. The second video show pretty much only text. This really bugs me as it's in a standard windowskin (no transparancy whatsoever!). Really, two entire minutes of text! NO GOOD...

Do you know what an introduction is? I suggest you learn it. Most games have brief introductions. You can take bullshit elsewhere.

Great games don't sell if they are not shown to public as being a great game. So it speaks for itself that in our case, project topic should be attractive for people to read or even download anything.

Well then I guess you won't playing the game! I won't change my posting style to please you. I've never had any problems getting people to notice and play my game. This game has been posted on many forums. I've received plenty of feedback to let me that my posting style is just fine.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Hey kid, stop reporting posts and accept some criticism.

Rep:
Level 84

I'm not a damn kid. The only kids are you and Amycha19. What kind of site allows their members to act like mods? 

How about you actually read what was said. Amycha wasn't critizing my game. This rude member was complaining without a good reason in my topic which is SPAM. Amycha was mini moding in my topic.

This person is clearly trolling in my topic. Who complains that they have to read a thread? That doesn't make sense.

Who complains about a game having a short introduction? She didn't complained about how it delivered. She complained that the game has an introduction. Most professional games have introductions. This is trolling. Do you job as a mod.

I can post my topic anyway I want to unless I'm breaking the rules. I stayed within the rules and posted everything I needed for the topic. No where in your rules state that members who are not mods can act like mods toward other members. You're a mod and don't know your own rules. Unreal.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:28:58 PM by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN »

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11

I'm not a damn kid. The only kids are you and Amycha19. What kind of site allows their members to act like mods? 

How about you actually read what was said. Amycha wasn't critizing my game. This rude member was complaining without a good reason in my topic which is SPAM. Amycha was mini moding in my topic.

This person is clearly trolling in my topic. Who complains that they have to read a thread? That doesn't make sense.

Who complains about a game having a short introduction? She didn't complained about how it delivered. She complained that the game has an introduction. Most professional games have introductions. This is trolling. Do you job as a mod.

I can post my topic anyway I want to unless I'm breaking the rules. I stayed within the rules and posted everything I needed for the topic. No where in your rules state that members who are not mods can act like mods toward other members. You're a mod and don't know your own rules. Unreal.
First of all, there's a reason why I comment and it's not to criticise or mini-mod your topic, it's because I liked the concept.

Second: Most people don't read, they scam through a topic to see if they like it or not, I read yours because I'm interested and I just gave you some tips to make it better. Ever bought a game and noticed how you never looked inside the box to read the little manual that comes with it? Most games people buy are because of the picture on the front side of the box, an advertising on TV or site or even because of the title.
And as apparently many people don't get a woman's way of speaking, I tried it the man's way, direct and harsh. Sorry if I hurt your feelings by that.

Third: Your topic is a mess. I'm sorry if that hurt you again. But really, try looking at more successful project topics around here and you'll see. They ALL made their topics look attractive and neat to get people's attention. Just because people don't read.

Fourth: The story is actually: "There's a bad guy, hunt him down and kill him." Yes, I know there has been a war some 1000 years ago, but people don't care, main story is still the RPG cliché one. They don't care about the past of an in-game world unless you return or flashback to it. Maybe you could have added some mystery or spectacular twists like you joining the bad guy or him showing remorse?

Last, but not least: I was considering to play this demo of yours even though the topic really didn't get to me. Now, I'm not even sure if I would even want to consider playing it.

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 84

First of all, there's a reason why I comment and it's not to criticise or mini-mod your topic, it's because I liked the concept.

Second: Most people don't read, they scam through a topic to see if they like it or not, I read yours because I'm interested and I just gave you some tips to make it better. Ever bought a game and noticed how you never looked inside the box to read the little manual that comes with it? Most games people buy are because of the picture on the front side of the box, an advertising on TV or site or even because of the title.
And as apparently many people don't get a woman's way of speaking, I tried it the man's way, direct and harsh. Sorry if I hurt your feelings by that.

Third: Your topic is a mess. I'm sorry if that hurt you again. But really, try looking at more successful project topics around here and you'll see. They ALL made their topics look attractive and neat to get people's attention. Just because people don't read.

Fourth: The story is actually: "There's a bad guy, hunt him down and kill him." Yes, I know there has been a war some 1000 years ago, but people don't care, main story is still the RPG cliché one. They don't care about the past of an in-game world unless you return or flashback to it. Maybe you could have added some mystery or spectacular twists like you joining the bad guy or him showing remorse?

Last, but not least: I was considering to play this demo of yours even though the topic really didn't get to me. Now, I'm not even sure if I would even want to consider playing it.

My topic is not a mess. My topic is very clear. It has sections for the story, characters, battle system, videos, etc. I don't see your ass in other people's topics telling them how to post. Hell most people do not have sections like I do. I also typed out my sections for people to know what they are clicking. Why don't you tell other people to change their posting style to please you?

Sorry but I do not buy games without knowing what the game is about. Wow! Cool cover doesn't do it for me. Unlike some people I actually read before I buy a game because I may not like what I read about the game.

You complained that I have an introduction! An Introduction! Please! Most games have introductions. You're just trolling.

My posting style has never hurt me. Have you ever thought that your way is not the right way for everyone? I have never had problems getting people to notice this game because how I posted it! I have posted this topic the same way on many forums and many members have responded and played the game. I am not going to change how I post to please a disrespectful person or any person. You're just one person. I know many good people who have played this game. You don't mean shit to me. 

You're trolling and mini moding my damn topic. Get over yourself because you're not fooling me. This has nothing to do with how a woman's speaks. You're rude as hell and trolling. The fact that I don't see you doing this in other threads tell me you are trolling, flaming, and rude.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
What kind of site allows their members to act like mods? 

Alright, well I've read what Amycha19 said, and it was not mini-modding. Firstly, aside from minor housekeeping issues, it is not a moderator's function to comment on the layout of a topic, and you can't accuse someone of mini-modding for doing something moderators don't do. More importantly though, commenting on the attractiveness of a topic is legitimate criticism even if it is not criticism on the game itself. Amycha19 is right that the topic thread is essentially the equivalent of box art in terms of marketing, and just as some people rely on the attractiveness of a game's box to buy the game, some people rely on the attractiveness of a game's topic to decide whether to download. The fact that you don't like that people do that doesn't make it untrue. In other words, Amycha19 was giving feedback on your marketing, which is part of game design. That's not spam and it's not mini-modding either; it's legitimate criticism.

Naturally, you are free to reject her advice if you feel your topic's layout is fine as is, but your disagreement over that doesn't put her criticism out of the realm of legitimacy.

That was clearly sarcasm. She was likely employing hyperbole as a way of indicating to you that a lot of people, when looking through game topics, are looking for something to capture their attention. No matter how compelling your story or character descriptions, blocks of text typically don't do it for a lot of people.

She wasn't complaining that your game has an introduction. She was saying that it makes for a boring teaser video. Again, that is criticism on marketing, and that is part of game design.

Yes you can and no you haven't broken any rules. However, I don't see that as taking from her the right to tell you that she finds your design unattractive. It's not as if she's forcing you to change your topic, she is just giving you feedback on marketing. Ignore it or don't, but she's not out of line to give it.

You're trolling and mini moding my damn topic. Get over yourself because you're not fooling me. This has nothing to do with how a woman's speaks. You're rude as hell and trolling. The fact that I don't see you doing this in other threads tell me you are trolling, flaming, and rude.

Even if this is the only thread in which she has ever criticized marketing (about which I have not conducted sufficient research to confirm or deny), that is as consistent with her being satisfied with thread layout in other game topics as it is with her targetting you specifically as an object for her "rudeness." It is also consistent with her stated claim that she is commenting on your topic because she likes the concept and wants the marketing to be better. It is not incontrovertible evidence that she's screwing with you, and given what I've seen of Amycha19's posts in the past, I would find that conduct to be extremely out of character if she was.

To reiterate, I am not saying that you need to follow Amycha19's advice. It's your game and your choice how to market it. If you are happy with your current layout and want to provide a lot of information in your topic, then that's fine; it's your right to organize the topic in whatever way you like. However, Amycha19 did nothing wrong in providing her comments on your marketing, and I think you overreacted.

Finally, a brief comment on your tone: it's not against the rules to respond with profanity or insults, but in my opinion it was unjustified in this instance. In my own experience, rejecting legitimate criticism by attacking the member who gave it generally discourages other people from offering criticism as they don't want to spend time posting if they feel you'll yell at them if they say anything you dislike. Again, I'm not saying it's prohibited or against the rules, just that it is unproductive if you are hoping that other people will comment on your game. It is generally more practical to just politely refuse to follow advice you disagree with.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:57:06 PM by modern algebra »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Modern said everything I wanted to say, albiet more eloquently than I was likely to.  Also do heed his warning at the end there, a lot of people here really hate it when someone attacks other members for offering criticism, and it won't likely end well.

Stop being silly, and stop reporting people for critiquing you.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:00:16 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Hey, this thread looks like it might be fu-

Oh my...

THAT was spam. You may report this post legitimately, as it offers nothing to the subject at hand. Amchya's post was simply criticism. Gosh.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Hey, this thread looks like it might be fu-
There's not nearly enough Metallica and booze.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
There's also not enough cigars, swords, boobies, donkeys or manly crying.

edit: Sounds like a good game from what I can't see. Hope it works out for you :>

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Content removed because of disrespectful members and staff.

I don't... I'm not anywhere close to doing even.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

© 2012 chapman productions inc
Rep:
Level 55
=O
Wow..... that lasted a day, lol. 6am to 9pm...