RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Advanced Movement 1.2

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
Introduction
This adds more options to the base dash system provided by Enterbrain. You can obtain more information in the script itself, but it adds ways to alter dash speed and how it operates.

I hope people can make some use out of it. :)

Screenshots
Not needed.

Changelog
1.1: Added a variable and switch to the options to allow more control to dash.

1.2: Added better handling of movement speed to get rid of event screen tearing. It now has support for increasing movement speed and frequency directly rather than just making you dash faster - this includes support for vehicles.

Script
Dropbox

Credits
Helladen.

Commercial
This may be used in any type of project as long as credit is provided.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:30:29 AM by Helladen »

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
This might break Yanfly's System Game Options, specifically the autodash in that, so you may need to take that into account...

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
He aliased the method, so as long as this is placed above like the instructions say, it should work fine.

Rep:
Level 66
~RTP Princess~
You have no idea how long I have waited for a script like this without even knowing it.
On behalf of all the haters of slow walk speeds everywhere, thank you. Thank you.

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
Thanks. I was surprised no one did it aside from me due to how simple this was to make. :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:51:38 AM by Helladen »

Rep:
Level 69
Suggestion;  Add in an optional feature where the AGI of the leader determines the speed of the dash.  :)

Rep:
Level 69
Sorry about double posting but I figured this is the best place to ask.

How about making a switch that when turned on it makes player auto dash automaticly? Would be useful for making dummy movements faster.  :blizj:

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
This script is not aimed at being complex. I made it simple for that very reason.

Having a switch to turn on dash automatically is kind of useless in my opinion. I do not see any use for that, and it is just a clutter feature. Agility is another thing I think is not needed. You are looking at making a simple system complex just to do it. What exactly do both of these offer to the player? I personally don't like either of the design concepts.

Rep:
Level 69
Having auto dash on as switch would allow faster incorporoation of a dummy event that has the player walk certain path and then back to fix a position error and thus reduce the ammount of time it takes for the player to move the said path. (See also bellow for even bigger benefit to this) It can also be used to make the player dash in a cutscene instead of just walking fast. It can also be used to create a minigame or other such effects. Point being, there's numerous reasons and benefits from the switch ability and those are just few I can name from top of my head.

As for agility affecting running, it'd be offering the player the chance to run faster once their agility grows. Item like running shoe that increases AGI by a lot would mean you can actually run a lot faster, instead of just having a bigger number telling you're now faster. It's far better to actually feel the effect of being faster instead of just being first to hit or avoid more often.  One of my favorite scripts from VX was the Speedy Gonzales script that let you input how much the player's agility would increase your dash speed with, with the minimum being the default. :blizj:

There are very many benefits to both those things I've mentioned gameplay and development wise and it'd be very nice to see them incorporated.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 01:16:58 PM by Drbigt »

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
1.1 Released
- New switch and variable option to allow more flexible control of dash.

I didn't use Agility, instead I used a variable. You can set a variable from a player's parameters, but it may take more work on your end, but using a variable to control speed is more flexible for the developer.

The switch will bypass all restrictions on dash, so it will work with force move (cutscenes).

Hopefully this is good enough.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 01:09:20 AM by Helladen »

Rep:
Level 69
That's actually even better than I was hoping for. I take you'd  be able to set a common event loop with wait 1 frame at the top and have the variable check the speed of the character which would affect your running speed.   :)

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
1.2 update released. Check the changelog and new Dropbox link to get it!