RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dice Scene

Rep:
Level 75
What the...?
IXFURUS DICE SCENE

INTRODUCTION

In a nutshell, this script is used to call a scene where the player can roll dice.  The scene runs off of in game variables, and sends the result to another game variable which can be used at the creator's discretion.   

FEATURES
Though the Dice Scene has its limitations, it can produce rolls of up to and over 1000.
The ability to change the scene's colors, backgrounds and texts make it very customizable

SCREENSHOTS

HOW TO USE
 To use the script, grab the demo and copy/paste the script from the demo into your project below materials and above main.  You'll also need the Iconset from Graphics/System folder if you want to plug and play.  Then, set up the variables found in the module of the script before calling the scene.  To call the scene, put "$scene = Scene_Dice.new" in a script command from an event, common event or script.   You can find the tab for this on the third page of the Event Commands.   The Dice Scene is able to create simple rolls, like 1 die, to extreme rolls like
((6D6x8D6)+4D6)+12.   There is a minimum of one die and a maximum of 10 dice.   There is tons of customization options in the module, from SoundEffects to TextDisplay to colors and icons.   To use the scene, you merely need the script, pasted as explained above, and the iconset which you'll find in the demo, as the dice which are drawn are actually icons.   The idea behind the script was to give the old school DnD fans out there a way to duplicate dice rolling chance rolls, but I'm sure there are many ways to use it!   

DEMO
IXFURUS SCENE DICE

SCRIPT
Just pick up the Demo above.

FAQ
The scene calls and the values are added, but I can't see the dice!  What does I do?
Obviously, you've copied/pasted the script from the demo to another project.  Just import the Iconset over from the demo and it should show up.

Ixfuru!  I called for 75 dice and it only showed 10!  What gives?
You can only have a dice count of 10 or less on any roll and at least 1 on the initial roll.  So, if you set your dice to be more than 10, the script will change your dice to 10 for you.  Understand, you can multiply something by 75, or add 75, you just can't roll 75 dice.

Dangit, man!  I can't seem to get the multiplier or roller to work properly.   What is I doin wrong?
You is not setting the switch for the multiplier or adder pre-roll.  Unless you turn  the "MIR", "AIR" or "BIR" switches on pre-roll, the script will merely add the amount you set in the given variables instead of calling for a roll.   

But what's an AIR switch?
You should spend some time and read the instructions in the script.  It explains a lot of things, especially easy things like that.

I got m' doubler bonus set to true, but it don't double!  What can do?
In order to get the doubler bonus, two things must be true.   You must have the enable Doubler Bonus in the switch set to true, and then you must have at least the amount of dice you set as the minimum in the script to roll and come out the same value.  In other words, three sixes <devil horns> or four fives, etc.   I have to admit, I haven't been able to playtest this aspect of the script that much, because, well it's hard to get all the dice to end up on the same side when you're rolling at least three dice.  So, here's what you do.  If you roll a roll which calls for a doubler and don't get it, press CTRL+PrintScreen and take me a screenshot.  Post it, and I'll look into fixing it.  I did it once, but I can't say for sure there isn't a bug in the system.  There's just no way to tell.

CREDITS
I guess I should thank whoever's iconset this is I used.  But I honestly think it has icons from a number of places on it.  So, if you know who made it, let me know and they'll receive credit.  I downloaded the thing a long time ago when I didn't keep my RPG stuff organized, so I'm at a loss as to who its creator was.  For now, we'll say, "WHOEVER CREATED THE ICONSET".   

I also wanna credit HungrySnake who's been a real help in scripting in general lately.

AUTHORS NOTES
Spoiler for "A final word":
Lastly, you may use this in non-commercial projects, but you must credit me and not claim you made it yourself.  You can link to this topic if you want, but don't repost my material without letting me know in advance.  Also, if your project is commercial just PM me here, or drop a topic in THE FINISH LINE forum at RPGMakerVX.net and I'll be willing to discuss it with you.  I'm reasonable.  And unless your going super platinum with it, I just want credit and a free copy of the said project.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 12:31:27 AM by Pac »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I was going to use this, but the link is all messed. A new link would be very cool, because the work is neat-o and deserves to be used.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Fantastic! Thank you, you are the (wo)man!

Spirit, I think you're alright.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Fantastic! Thank you, you are the (wo)man!

Spirit, I think you're alright.

^.^ welcome -hugs-

Also, I dunno if someone wants to update the link in that first post, but the link I provided is hosted on my own dropbox, and won't be going anywhere, anytime soon...

Rep:
Level 75
What the...?
This is old as crap.  One of my first scripts.  Ill try to update the link this weekend.

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
This is old as crap.  One of my first scripts.  Ill try to update the link this weekend.

Or simply have one of the moderators change the link on your post to the one I uploaded....?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I fixed the link in the post (the problem was that IXFURU put quotation marks around the URL, which is something that is a thing on a lot of forums, but not this one. If I'm not mistaken, PhoenixFire just re-uploaded the same file to dropbox, so you know, whatever). IXFURU, if you'd still like to update it with a new file you're most welcome to.

holy shit pac actually did something guys
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
holy shit pac actually did something guys

...yeah, what's up with that nonsense?!?!?!?   Geez, stahhhpp it...