RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Challenge 1 - The Director

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Alright folks, it's time for Week 1's Challenge!

The Director

The Rules of The Challenge are as follows:
  • The Guilds each must create a single cutscene of no less than 3 minutes 2 minutes length, which develops the plot to some extent.
  • The cutscene must be using characters, plot, script, and locales related to the game, and indeed must be part of the final game in some way (further polish allowed).
  • The Challenge must be submitted by Saturday, August 4th, at 11:50pm EST

With all the writers on your teams, this should be a cinch!

And now for the fun part, the prize.
Whichever guild scores the highest on their cutscene gets ME as a temporary guild member for the entirety of next week.  I am a jack-of-all trades guild member who can be applied to any part of your project, with three restrictions. 
  • I will cease any and all work Saturday, August 11th at 11:59pm EST.
  • I cannot be made to work directly on next week's challenge.
  • I will not give information about the other guilds.

Also: keep in mind I have a 40 hour work week.

That said, I could be a valuable asset, so please work your hardest!  And remember, keep working on the game itself, if you just focus on the challenge, you'll end up behind!

Judgement Rules
  • Judge each cutscene based on entertainment value
  • Judge each cutscene based on polish
  • Judge each cutscene based on if they appear to be part of their world and plot directly
  • You may take off points for cutscenes that are too short, or too full of filler, etc...

GOOD LUCK!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:56:59 AM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
The deadline is my birthday.

Hmm.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
ha ha PREPARE TO FAIL
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
When it comes time to submit this, do we send you our entire project up to that point or do we just send you a new project with nothing but that cutscene in it? :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
When it comes time to submit this, do we send you our entire project up to that point or do we just send you a new project with nothing but that cutscene in it? :)

If at all possible send a new project with -just- the cutscene, so that the judges know what they're looking at.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Challenge 1 submissions have been sent to the Judges.

Please have your scores to me by Monday, at 11:59PM EST.