RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED]Skill issue

Rep:
Level 86
I recently got a steal item script and tried setting up a Steal skill but I'm having issues. I dont think its the script I think its the way I set up the skill. Whenever I use steal the character will steal the item but also attack and resteal 4 times before finnishing the skill I didnt put the skill to repeat which is why im confused also I dont have the attack  animation set to sword but thats what happens can anyone help? Ill post a video and picture of the issue.
(Yes he is attacking with a skull, I didnt realize i did that XD)
Video-http://www.sendspace.com/file/ri7ii8
Oh and just incase heres a link to the script-http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/232-simple-steal-command/page__st__20
EDIT:Ok I figured out the problem. the tenkentia SBS is not compatible with custome skills at ALL. lol anyway as soon as I removed that script for a new one all my skills worked perfectly
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:52:41 PM by BloodyChaos »

Rep:
Level 86

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, I don't see anything wrong with how you set the skill up. It might, however, be coming from an incompatibility with your battle system if you are using a custom battle system. Maybe try a different Steal script, like Yanfly's or something?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:10:01 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 86
yanflys did the same thing :( im using the tenkentia SBS thats in japanese